Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I will explain as I've been around much longer than you. You are going through this your first time with you eldest child so it can seem confusing-

70% of youth players quit sports.

the U14 and U15 years are where you see the biggest drops, these drops are due to:

wanting to specialize in another sport.
    don't want to play anymore.
    Other interests.

this happens every year at every club.

I'm actually quite surprised that Vantucky has three teams at this age group. I don't think there are very many clubs that have three teams at this age group.
    One of those 3 teams wouldn't win the Clark county rec league. And the other 2 are pretty shaky as well.

Comment

are you talking about the guy that walks around saying he played professional soccer when he didn't? I wondered where he went.

Run I say, RUN! That is a Husband/Wife combo that you need to run away from as fast as you can!
      Sorry your kid got left behind. Too bad she's not good enough but maybe playing on the E-level "B" team at WT_FC is just about right for her.

Comment

are you talking about the guy that walks around saying he played professional soccer when he didn't? I wondered where he went.

Run I say, RUN! That is a Husband/Wife combo that you need to run away from as fast as you can!
        Somebody has a problem with this coach's honesty and straightforwardness. Because he's not the politically correct, bald headed, silver tongued, snake oil salesman that completely screwed up this age group when he was in charge they don't think he's "WT_FC material". The loss is all WT_FC's as this guy will do what's right all the time to ensure that the girls have fun and learn how to play the game as best they can.

Comment

Somebody has a problem with this coach's honesty and straightforwardness. Because he's not the politically correct, bald headed, silver tongued, snake oil salesman that completely screwed up this age group when he was in charge they don't think he's "WT_FC material". The loss is all WT_FC's as this guy will do what's right all the time to ensure that the girls have fun and learn how to play the game as best they can.
          I tend to agree with you. I don't know him personally, but soccer people I know and respect, respect him. With my experience at **FC, the angry poster is indicative of the issues the club had had. A lot of good people/players have left the club, and all get slandered by the anonymous, toxic people left behind.

Comment

Then how come FCSC gained 20+ players at this same age group? Truth is, WT_FC is still very messed up and lots of people are still leaving.
            From my vantage point, WT Fc lost some players, and gained some players. The membership appears to have stabilized from the people I talk to. The new staff is getting good reviews. The turf is going in which is huge deal. In fact, my friend told me he saw actual turf laid down?

I think people underestimate the advantages of owning your own turf. I don't see how people like you continue to bash so hard. Are you not looking at the same changes I am?

Comment

These North of the Boarder Vantucky battles on TS crack me up. So funny.

Comment

From my vantage point, WT Fc lost some players, and gained some players. The membership appears to have stabilized from the people I talk to. The new staff is getting good reviews. The turf is going in which is huge deal. In fact, my friend told me he saw actual turf laid down?

I think people underestimate the advantages of owning your own turf. I don't see how people like you continue to bash so hard. Are you not looking at the same changes I am?
                I think that a lot of it is built up angst against the previous regime. I think the changes will be good and the future could be bright for the club. The problem is most of the people who bash on here already left some time ago due to various reasons and the changes won't really affect them as their kids are already older. The effect of the changes will most likely be felt by the families of younger kids say u11/12 and younger. The only real change for the families of older kids is that when their kid comes to play at Harmony this fall they get to play on turf now hopefully.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X