Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington Timbers - 2015 Restructuring

Moving to its own thread, since a fair amount on this club has been posted on other threads. What's new (#4 going off of what others have posted):
    Last edited by Slow Xavi; 05-19-2015, 12:18 PM.

Originally posted by Slow Xavi View Post
    Moving to its own thread, since a fair amount on this club has been posted on other threads. What's new (will add cites for 1-3, 4 going off of what others have posted):
    More than offsetting the gain of 2 young Pacific teams was the loss of B99 Red team, 2 teams at B00 including Red team, and at least 2 teams worth at G01, one of those to Nemesis.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      More than offsetting the gain of 2 young Pacific teams was the loss of B99 Red team, 2 teams at B00 including Red team, and at least 2 teams worth at G01, one of those to Nemesis.
      G01 loss was 5 players and a coach that was not wanted. I can't wait to hear when JH pi$$eS off the people at FCSC with his hillbilly ways. I give it less than a month if he
      hasn't pi$$ed off his new family already

Comment

I didn't think a coach could leave and take players?

Comment

I didn't think a coach could leave and take players?
          I heard that the new DOC doesn't fight people that want to leave. he wants direct energy on keeping players and coaches. some, like in this instance are cancers to a club and they unfortunately brainwash a few and take them with 'em

Comment

The numbers overall were about even from last year... At least what I heard. Some gained, some lost. Pretty typical stuff for clubs. The overall losses seem to have stopped post the big merger, a good sign given a completely new staff. I'm a fan of the changes. i think the fields may be a game changer, certainly a huge positive.

Comment

Release

I heard that the new DOC doesn't fight people that want to leave. he wants direct energy on keeping players and coaches. some, like in this instance are cancers to a club and they unfortunately brainwash a few and take them with 'em
              He should only release coaches after the age group that he/she is coaching is finished with try-outs. It would basically give them a "cooling off" year, and keep a coach from pulling significant numbers away from a team.

Comment

G01 loss was 5 players and a coach that was not wanted. I can't wait to hear when JH pi$$eS off the people at FCSC with his hillbilly ways. I give it less than a month if he
                Hey angry guy, it's sad one person can set you off like this. And from what I heard it was closer to 20 girls the went altogether. It's just youth soccer.

Comment

Hey angry guy, it's sad one person can set you off like this. And from what I heard it was closer to 20 girls the went altogether. It's just youth soccer.
                  Mr Hillbilly promised over 20 players and only 5 made the move. It's all good, its a one year deal that will see Mr Hillbilly at Pacific FC in 2016 and 4 of the 5 girls will move back to Vantucky Timbers.

Comment

5 players my eye. Head over to Felida Park some night and count. Make sure you take your shoes off before you start, you'll need all your digits and then some. And that doesn't include the 2 that went to ECNL.

Sorry your kid got left behind on an E-level "B" team...

Comment

Mr Hillbilly promised over 20 players and only 5 made the move. It's all good, its a one year deal that will see Mr Hillbilly at Pacific FC in 2016 and 4 of the 5 girls will move back to Vantucky Timbers.
                      How do you explain going from 5 teams at U13 to 2.5 teams at U14 if only 5 players left?

Comment

How do you explain going from 5 teams at U13 to 2.5 teams at U14 if only 5 players left?
                        I will explain as I've been around much longer than you. You are going through this your first time with you eldest child so it can seem confusing-

70% of youth players quit sports.

the U14 and U15 years are where you see the biggest drops, these drops are due to:

wanting to specialize in another sport.
                        don't want to play anymore.
                        Other interests.

this happens every year at every club.

I'm actually quite surprised that Vantucky has three teams at this age group. I don't think there are very many clubs that have three teams at this age group.

Comment

are you talking about the guy that walks around saying he played professional soccer when he didn't? I wondered where he went.

Run I say, RUN! That is a Husband/Wife combo that you need to run away from as fast as you can!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1544823]I will explain as I've been around much longer than you. You are going through this your first time with you eldest child so it can seem confusing-

the U14 and U15 years are where you see the biggest drops, these drops are due to:

Other interests.

I'm actually quite surprised that Vantucky has three teams at this age group. I don't think there are very many clubs that have three teams at this age group.[/QUOTE

We get what your saying, but the truth is in the case of the original poster, 20 girls at this age group ended up at fcsc, and a couple others left as well due to various reasons, some followed their coach, some went with friends, some wanted change, and some just didn't want to stay. It happens for various reasons like you said.

Comment

I will explain as I've been around much longer than you. You are going through this your first time with you eldest child so it can seem confusing-

Other interests.

I'm actually quite surprised that Vantucky has three teams at this age group. I don't think there are very many clubs that have three teams at this age group.
                              Then how come FCSC gained 20+ players at this same age group? Truth is, WT_FC is still very messed up and lots of people are still leaving.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X