X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.timbers.com/sites/portlan...pRosters_0.pdf

Comment

Why such huge rosters. Seems like there will be a lot of sitting on the bench.

I know that is reality, just an observation. I think rosters of 15 would have made a lot of parents and kids happier.

Comment

Link for boys' rosters?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I know that is reality, just an observation. I think rosters of 15 would have made a lot of parents and kids happier.
          So more kids feel special.

Comment

Soccer teams are fully rostered at 18. That's what it will be like in high school, college, and beyond. Parents' wishes don't come into play with high school or college coaches, nor should they in ODP. And if a player is unwilling to be humble and compete/possibly share playing time, he or she should stay on the rec level and be the superstar.

Comment

Soccer teams are fully rostered at 18. That's what it will be like in high school, college, and beyond. Parents' wishes don't come into play with high school or college coaches, nor should they in ODP. And if a player is unwilling to be humble and compete/possibly share playing time, he or she should stay on the rec level and be the superstar.
              The friendship cup is rec. level. Why else have dubious quality ODP teams only play in age groups up?

Comment

are the alliance teams rosters posted somewhere?

Comment

The friendship cup is rec. level. Why else have dubious quality ODP teams only play in age groups up?
                  Sorry your dd didn't make it.

Comment

Thanks coach!

Fully rostered teams at 18 means that some kids aren't going to play much. Why bother giving up a holiday weekend if you don't know if you are going to sit? I don't know a single kid that enjoys sitting on the bench.

Why not just roster 15 and let everyone get a lot more playing time? This isn't high school or the pros. These are kids that want to play.

Comment

Thanks coach!

Fully rostered teams at 18 means that some kids aren't going to play much. Why bother giving up a holiday weekend if you don't know if you are going to sit? I don't know a single kid that enjoys sitting on the bench.

Why not just roster 15 and let everyone get a lot more playing time? This isn't high school or the pros. These are kids that want to play.
                      Why do ECNL rosters carry 22 (and in most instances, they have more than that)?

Comment

Thanks coach!

like it or not ODP/friendship cup is designed to be the top players in Oregon, and with that comes the assumption it's the top soccer in Oregon, with that comes a full roster and kids who sit.

If your kid is worried about playing time maybe go play rec where everything is equal.

Comment

Sorry your dd didn't make it.
                          yeah, that's a real bummer......

Comment

Will it also be like college with some kids playing all game & others sitting most of the game? Do the OR teams really try to win these games? Actually, I hope so!

Comment

like it or not ODP/friendship cup is designed to be the top players in Oregon, and with that comes the assumption it's the top soccer in Oregon, with that comes a full roster and kids who sit.

If your kid is worried about playing time maybe go play rec where everything is equal.
                              This segment of Ask the Coach, is brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil.

Comment

Why not have some cojones and pick the best players and let them play coach? Having 18 players means someone is going to have a crappy weekend.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X