Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

friendship cup

on the 03G and 04 schedules there is listed a Portland Thorns Black 03 team Red 03/04 team and then both sections also have a Thorns Alliance Team (02 and 03) what are those Alliance teams?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    on the 03G and 04 schedules there is listed a Portland Thorns Black 03 team Red 03/04 team and then both sections also have a Thorns Alliance Team (02 and 03) what are those Alliance teams?
    They are teams made from select Timbers Alliance club players who's parents either realized ODP was over priced or that their DK was already too good to bother with it. Either way, they are playing in the same tournament for free that you spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars to play in.

Oh well, at least your daughter will have a cool sweatshirt to wear to school.

Comment

They are teams made from select Timbers Alliance club players who's parents either realized ODP was over priced or that their DK was already too good to bother with it. Either way, they are playing in the same tournament for free that you spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars to play in.

that's interesting since a majority of the best timbers alliance teams players are already on the state pool roster, not a ton left for a decent team.

Comment

I don't get it. On the girls side, we paid about $600 for the year for RTC/ODP. The training has been fantastic. Had travel costs to travel to the regional tournament and it was an awesome experience.

Excellent coaches.

Having extra training in most weeks with RTC and then even more training with the ODP state group, it sure seems like a bargain to me.

My daughter has improved noticeably.

Just our experience.

Comment

The 02 girls Alliance team is playing down in age group. Thought that. Wasn't allowed?

Comment

The 02 girls Alliance team is playing down in age group. Thought that. Wasn't allowed?
            It's intended to compensate for estimated playing level. '02 Alliance teams play '03 ODP/academy state teams. Likewise, '03 Alliance will play '04 ODPs.

Comment

It's intended to compensate for estimated playing level. '02 Alliance teams play '03 ODP/academy state teams. Likewise, '03 Alliance will play '04 ODPs.
              let me understand this.

they are taking 02 girls that aren't already on the ODP roster and throwing them together to play against 03 girls. so assuming most of those 02 girls are girls who are now u14 are going to be playing against the 03 (u13) girls? I think I am confused.

Comment

let me understand this.

they are taking 02 girls that aren't already on the ODP roster and throwing them together to play against 03 girls. so assuming most of those 02 girls are girls who are now u14 are going to be playing against the 03 (u13) girls? I think I am confused.

The U13 girls are supposed to be better soccer players than the U14 girls playing down. We shall see.

Comment

My bet is on the 2002s. A bunch of them did ODP but missed the state team by a little. Some didn't do ODP at all but are good players. What will hurt them most is never practicing together like the ODP teams have.

Comment

There aren't nearly enough good girls players at the Alliance clubs to fill all the rosters they say they are having in this tournament. Some of those teams are going to get shellacked big time.

Comment

Would have been nice if who ever set up the alliacance team looked at 02's on a u13 team and 03's on a u12 team. Give some of those younger in the age division an opportunity too for a change, especially if they are already expected to be a lower level team than their actual age.

Comment

let me understand this.

let me help
                        All ODP teams will play a year up against Alliance Teams that are a year older.

Comment

Sorry that your dd didn't make it. You probably went around blaming "politics" for the oversight. That seems to be the modus operandi for parents.

Your kid doesn't make something, blame politics first. Then go out and publicly criticize and belittle it second. At least it makes you feel better.

Comment

I don't get it. On the girls side, we paid about $600 for the year for RTC/ODP. The training has been fantastic. Had travel costs to travel to the regional tournament and it was an awesome experience.

Excellent coaches.

Having extra training in most weeks with RTC and then even more training with the ODP state group, it sure seems like a bargain to me.

My daughter has improved noticeably.

Just our experience.
                            Our dd did it for a few years and totally agree with it. Plus, they get to meet players while they are at the regional tournament that they will continue to run into at tournaments, in various leagues and eventually in recruiting. My dd knows a ton of girls who play at different clubs around the west and she is watching where they are committing to play at in college. I know ODP gave my daughter excellent training and additional exposure for a reasonable price.

Comment

When will the rosters be posted?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X