Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    congrats to eastside timbers 00 milan for winning their 4th consecutive tittle.
    So we'll say they're 4th best in the area them, behind FCP ECNL, CU ECNL, and Nemesis.

Comment

So we'll say they're 4th best in the area them, behind FCP ECNL, CU ECNL, and Nemesis.
      https://media4.giphy.com/media/KSkWpMelBJZGo/200.gif

Comment

you got that right
        Haters been hating on that team for 4 years. Those girls have proven themselves over and over again. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

Comment

you got that right
          Haters been hating on that team for 4 years. Those girls have proven themselves over and over again. Jealousy is an ugly thing.
          Hater may hate but the truth remains. They were the king of a split league two years and they're obviously not good enough to beat either ECNL or FCSC on a consistent basis.

Whatever, they can brag all they want to. The party's over for them.

Comment

Whatever, they can brag all they want to. The party's over for them.
            And they will take their 4 consecutive State Cup Championship titles, as well as the medals and memories that go with them, and move on. Quite happily.

Comment

And they will take their 4 consecutive State Cup Championship titles, as well as the medals and memories that go with them, and move on. Quite happily.
              Good riddance. Those parents not being around youth soccer is a win for the rest of the soccer community.

Comment

Good riddance. Those parents not being around youth soccer is a win for the rest of the soccer community.
                Impressed with their team's drive and willingness to leave it all on the field...not so impressed with their parents roar of complaint when one of their players received a yellow for kicking our goalie in the head.

Comment

Impressed with their team's drive and willingness to leave it all on the field...not so impressed with their parents roar of complaint when one of their players received a yellow for kicking our goalie in the head.
                  Get the story straight. The player who collided with the goalie was PUSHED by one of your own players! That player, in particular, would no more intentionally hurt someone than you would jump in front of a train. She is an amazingly SWEET YOUNG LADY! If your players were honest, they would admit that it was nothing but a run of play, unintentional collision, caused by your player pushing the Eastside player.

Truly unfortunate that the goalie was hurt. But do not spread malicious and untrue rumor about what happened.

Comment

don't get too excited. we will have to wait and see if it isn't mostly the normal ones that leave the club soccer scene. the bonkers ones will just migrate to another club.

Comment

Get the story straight. The player who collided with the goalie was PUSHED by one of your own players! That player, in particular, would no more intentionally hurt someone than you would jump in front of a train. She is an amazingly SWEET YOUNG LADY! If your players were honest, they would admit that it was nothing but a run of play, unintentional collision, caused by your player pushing the Eastside player.

Truly unfortunate that the goalie was hurt. But do not spread malicious and untrue rumor about what happened.
                      Uh huh, and the other two players on Eastside who also received yellow cards were just girls scouts selling cookies when they were mugged by those viscous Eugene players? Please.

Comment

I watched the game. Eastside was down 2/1 and on the ropes before they took out the top keeper in the state. Eugene had to use a field player in goal as their backup keeper was hurt. Even then Eastside had to go 8 rounds into PK's before they pulled out the win. Proving once again the Eastside motto - if you can't beat them, take them out.

Comment

Uh huh, and the other two players on Eastside who also received yellow cards were just girls scouts selling cookies when they were mugged by those viscous Eugene players? Please.
                          photographic proof does not lie.
                          ask your player(s).

does Milan play physical? absolutely. sometimes too physical. did that particular player intend to collide with, much less injure the goalie? absolutely not. besides, the Eugene players were giving every bit as good as they got. take off your blinders.

Comment

I watched the game. Eastside was down 2/1 and on the ropes before they took out the top keeper in the state. Eugene had to use a field player in goal as their backup keeper was hurt. Even then Eastside had to go 8 rounds into PK's before they pulled out the win. Proving once again the Eastside motto - if you can't beat them, take them out.
                            Sour grapes much?
                            I watched the game too. Eastside was definitely down 2/1, not sure I'd say on the ropes. There was plenty of time left in the 2nd half when their holding center mid hit a blast from like 40 yards that NO keeper could have defended. It is admirable for you to give your goalie the title of 'top keeper in the state'. I'm sure she appreciates the confidence. But, even if that were true, she would not have stopped that shot.

It's okay. You don't need to be sad. Milan won't be around next year, so you have a shot.

Comment

I can't tell you the number of times I hear parents of other teams complain about my DD's team being too physical. This was the case with local teams, and ECNL which she played out of Seattle. I think as parents we most often notice what has been done to our players much more intently than we notice what our players are dishing out.

My observation is that in general those players who do play physical and who do push the limits are also the ones who tend to play at the higher levels.

Having said that, there are exceptions and I have seen very sloppy fouls that were a direct result of less skill and / or being tired. In only a few times throughout my children's youth sports have I seen what I consider to be intentional significant fouls. The game has a lot of room for injury.

Congratulations to both teams for making the finals and to Milan for winning. I also wish for a speedy recovery for the Eugene keeper.

Comment

Yes. Speedy recovery to the Eugene keeper, and also to the Milan defender that was injured in the game and had to leave.

Unfortunate that injuries are part of the game when you play at this level.
                                hope they both heal quickly.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X