Washington Timbers getting it done again

Washington Timbers are showing well in the OYSA state cup. Semi finalist's

B03 Red
    G03 Red
    B02 Red
    G02 Red
    B01 Red
    G99 Green

Puts us right behind Westside as top Oregon clubs in the tournament.

Its already documented on this site how many kids left this program the last 2 years and how next year more should probably leave again. However, The fact your seeing all the younger teams doing well is a good sign. As new programs and ways of doing things are implemented you will see that with the younger academy and see if that is able to keep kids around longer at the older age groups. We wont see for a while now though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

B03 Red
      G03 Red
      B02 Red
      G02 Red
      B01 Red
      G99 Green

And that is without any boys teams entering due to Spring HS soccer. Otherwise it would be more.

Comment

Its already documented on this site how many kids left this program the last 2 years and how next year more should probably leave again. However, The fact your seeing all the younger teams doing well is a good sign. As new programs and ways of doing things are implemented you will see that with the younger academy and see if that is able to keep kids around longer at the older age groups. We wont see for a while now though.
        We see it already, right now, for older age groups on the boys side. At least equitable to Oregon.

Comment

B03 Red
          G03 Red
          B02 Red
          G02 Red
          B01 Red
          G99 Green

Yeah right up there with the Shooting Stars FC and FC Screamers. Why are you not playing in your own state cups? Simple answer, you can't compete. Watered down excuse for a state tournament and a league ever for that matter.

Comment

Yeah right up there with the Shooting Stars FC and FC Screamers. Why are you not playing in your own state cups? Simple answer, you can't compete. Watered down excuse for a state tournament and a league ever for that matter.
            Simple answer. You're dumb.

Boys do play Washington State Cup when they move to high school age. Last year B96 won state of WA, B99 got to the finals, B98 got to the QF, and B97 showed fine in group play. That's competing. If B03, B02, B01 were to play WA state they could compete. But in truth, OYSA provides some excellent competition on the boys side and we don't have to travel to Seattle.

Also, OYSA WANTS wa timbers to play in their state cup because we make it better.

Does this help you understand?

Comment

Boys do play Washington State Cup when they move to high school age. Last year B96 won state of WA, B99 got to the finals, B98 got to the QF, and B97 showed fine in group play. That's competing. If B03, B02, B01 were to play WA state they could compete. But in truth, OYSA provides some excellent competition on the boys side and we don't have to travel to Seattle.

Also, OYSA WANTS wa timbers to play in their state cup because we make it better.

So you are saying that you don't suck that bad?

Comment

So you are saying that you don't suck that bad?
                I think he/she is saying that Wa Timbers are as good or better than Oregon teams and right in the thick of it when compared to quality Wa clubs. At least that is what reading comprehension would tell me.

Comment

No. All the teams your showing as having success developed playing Washington and Washington's comp, RCL and state tournaments. None of those boy's teams developed playing half of Oregon. Only the future will tell but I would bet playing 9v9 while the RCL moves to 11v11 wont help you catch up either. What about the girls? The Timbers in general have walked away from their girls.

Comment

just like clubs all over the country we have to play in Oregon because we are under the Timbers umbrella. Sounders tried to snag us but we are outside of their radius. Trust me, the Sounders Academy wanted a piece of our boys program in a bad way.

Comment

just like clubs all over the country we have to play in Oregon because we are under the Timbers umbrella. Sounders tried to snag us but we are outside of their radius. Trust me, the Sounders Academy wanted a piece of our boys program in a bad way.
                      Of course they did, it's a business. But no one ruin's youth soccer as well as the PDX Timber's.

Comment

No. All the teams your showing as having success developed playing Washington and Washington's comp, RCL and state tournaments. None of those boy's teams developed playing half of Oregon. Only the future will tell but I would bet playing 9v9 while the RCL moves to 11v11 wont help you catch up either. What about the girls? The Timbers in general have walked away from their girls.
                        First, OYSA is not half of Oregon for the boys. It is 90%. There is literally nothing elsewhere in Oregon other than a few scattered teams. So your entire point is lost. 2nd these same younger OYSA boys teams are competing fine against Seattle clubs, look no further than NWCL and Summer tournaments. The point is, for younger teams, it really doesn't make sense to travel to Seattle every other weekend when you can get similar competition nearby. If you want to play those RCL teams, grow from it, it's easy to do in NWCL and summer tournaments. And we do.

Regarding girls, I cannot effectively debate you. Wash T has some work to do. But there are some changes going on that I like and might indicate a swing in the positive direction. I think getting 3 girls teams into State cup semi's is a solid performance and something to build on. Hiring Kat Tarr is smart and I hear nothing but positive comments about her... something to build on. I hear nothing but positives about Bret's vision as well, something to build on. Of course, things take time. Bringing in quality coaches and/or aligning existing coaches to Bret's vision are not a simple undertaking. But the point is that there are substantial changes, and I like what I see... so far anyhow.

Comment

B03 Red
                          G03 Red
                          B02 Red
                          G02 Red
                          B01 Red
                          G99 Green

if you count the quarterfinals CFC from Salem had nine teams advance.

Comment

lmao Doug

Comment

B03 Red
                              G03 Red
                              B02 Red
                              G02 Red
                              B01 Red
                              G99 Green

How weak is G99 OYSA if a "B" team can get to the semis?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X