Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But there are coaches there. There are quite a few. The Pac 12 coaches aren't there. WCC coaches probably aren't there, but D2 and D3 and NAIA coaches are there, and a majority of our players fit at those schools. That's the funny thing, 2/3 of our ECNL players are at best D2 players. Heck, probably 7/8 are at best D2. For them, ECNL is a complete waste of money. Yet their parents have delusions of grandeur. Sorry, but ECNL isn't going to turn your D2 player into a Pac 12 player. I know of a girl who did the Seattle ECNL thingy, and is currently doing ECNL, and she is committed to NAIA. ECNL sure paid off there, didn't it?
    You know "a" girl and that is a reason not to play ECNL. I know 10 girls that are getting recruited D1 on our team. Some would of anyway but for others there is a good chance they would not of. Plus so many other opportunities (East coast schools) also are coming from ECNL. For most teams playing in front of 50-60 east coast D1 schools in one game, doesn't happen unless you play ECNL. That was just the first day of the Florida games, their were two more days just like the first day. It is expensive to fly to Florida that is very true. Next weekend 6 Pac12 schools are confirmed to watch our home games, how many will be at your league games next Saturday? Last week a Pac12 school flew out to watch our practice that could happen without ECNL but it is a first for our team. Good luck there are many ways to get recruited some just make more sense.

Comment

The majority of our clubs girls got D1 offers before we had ECNL. So I don't know what club your dd's in, but you might want to move her to another one.
      A) no they didn't, which club was this again?

B) They won't get an offer playing in the college combine if there are no coaches there.

Comment

Maybe she wants to go NAIA, lots of girls in ECNL don't necessarily want to go D1.
        Dumb to go to ECNL if NAIA is your goal. Really dumb.

Comment

If it was a full ride and she is happy with the school she is going to then yes it paid off.
          This soccer thing isn't about the destination. It's about enjoying the ride. My kid does ecnl cause she wants to play with the best players around against other cities best. If she goes NAIA some day to a school she wants to go to and plays the sport she loves to play I will be happy for her.
          Well then let us know when she is playing the best, because so far, they are playing against mediocrity.

Comment

Maybe she wants to go NAIA, lots of girls in ECNL don't necessarily want to go D1.
            Exactly. The previous post that you answered to is very misleading. If indeed it is the girl I am thinking of she did have D1 offers.

Comment

Dumb to go to ECNL if NAIA is your goal. Really dumb.
              Why is that?

Go to the next ECNL match ( I think a couple of Colorado ECNL Teams are coming here next weekend) and ask around, see how many parents think of it as an 'investment'. An investment in the sense they think their dd will get a free or discounted ride to college. Ask them if their daughter doesn't end up playing in college or chooses a D3 / NAIA school if doing ECNL was a bad choice.

Honestly, it's all just TS chatter. I personally know one girl that is committed and she is still playing ECNL Why?! She has her offer, she doesn't need ECNL, yet she is playing. It would appear that you would think she was dumb.

Comment

Why is that?

Go to the next ECNL match ( I think a couple of Colorado ECNL Teams are coming here next weekend) and ask around, see how many parents think of it as an 'investment'. An investment in the sense they think their dd will get a free or discounted ride to college. Ask them if their daughter doesn't end up playing in college or chooses a D3 / NAIA school if doing ECNL was a bad choice.

Honestly, it's all just TS chatter. I personally know one girl that is committed and she is still playing ECNL Why?! She has her offer, she doesn't need ECNL, yet she is playing. It would appear that you would think she was dumb.
                Don't get down on the number of coaches there. That one more then will watch any league matches in Oregon.

Comment

Well I looked at the list of colleges at the Seattle combine. There were not that many at all. Are you saying that they don't list all of the colleges attending?? I mean really, there are like 6 listed. Your average college showcase has more than that.
                  it's still early, I'm sure more coaches will be announced as they commit to attend

Comment

Yes, stay tuned. I believe last year was the first year there was one in Seattle. I'd expect to see a lot of quality coaches in attendance this year

Comment

Another option is Extra Time Showcase. The quality of the players and staff was good last year with players having the opportunity to work with quite a few different coaches.

www.extratimeshowcase.com

Comment

Yea in the next couple of months I expect them to have more quality coaches as it gets closer to the combine.

Comment

the 2015 TDS Combines schedule was announced. There are a couple on the west coast, the closest is up in Seattle. These are worth looking into for any HS players that are looking to play at the next level. More information and sign up links can be found here: http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-...unced_aid35766
                          Boys play soccer too. They're actually pretty good at it, and there's a lot of professional leagues around the world.

Comment

Skeptical

I am always very skeptical of most anything TDS does. Note that attendees place their resumes with TDS to encourage college coach clicks. A 6-hour program with warm-up, lunch and recruiting seminar does leave a lot of time for the "games". I remember my older DD's ODP "games" for tryouts when little happened and no real "combine" work was done. I fear TDS will be the same.

Comment

College combines

Players flock to TDS combines in hopes of being noticed and getting their names on a published list for college coaches to see. Try an ID camp at a university instead. Listings are on collegeidcamps.net My DD committed DI at a summer camp so don't dismiss these. It's a great change to get to know the coaches, players, campus, etc.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X