Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I thought it was a team sport. They don't sound too much like teams.
    Unfortunately this team has 1 bad apple and you only need to interact with the Mom to see a product of "nature" and "nurture"

Comment

I thought it was a team sport. They don't sound too much like teams.
      They are teams that are staffed with as many highly talented players as can be rounded up and the remainder filled with average good players if lucky. Two teams at each age group is a stretch.

Comment

Unfortunately this team has 1 bad apple and you only need to interact with the Mom to see a product of "nature" and "nurture"
        Ouch.

Comment

They are teams that are staffed with as many highly talented players as can be rounded up and the remainder filled with average good players if lucky. Two teams at each age group is a stretch.
          Maybe but that means all the OYSA teams are staffed with leftovers and rec players. So no change there then...

Comment

Sadly, there aren't many of those "highly talented players" on those teams. Mostly rich kids instead.

Comment

Simple answer - better competition. For the 17s a knee injury doesn't hurt. For the 16s their decline is 3 people out with a knee injury and a player with a crappy attitude returning
              Puke. You think the decline of the 17s is due to 1 player with a knee injury?

Comment

Simple answer - better competition. For the 17s a knee injury doesn't hurt. For the 16s their decline is 3 people out with a knee injury and a player with a crappy attitude returning
                And the 16s can't even beat mediocre teams at this point. But nice way to give excuses. Tom, tearing these girls apart. By this time next year, 3/4 of the team will have torn acl's. He's a doctors best friend.

Comment

And the 16s can't even beat mediocre teams at this point. But nice way to give excuses. Tom, tearing these girls apart. By this time next year, 3/4 of the team will have torn acl's. He's a doctors best friend.
                  That's what you get when you play nothing but long balls to the corners and simply try to run over the other team all game long...

Comment

LOL! You fools are so desperate. You will say anything. You don't even try to mix some truth into it.

Comment

LOL! You fools are so desperate. You will say anything. You don't even try to mix some truth into it.
                      Truth is, the team is shell of what it started out and it's due to overuse. Those girls think they be getting offers, instead they best be hoping they can walk after high school.

Comment

Truth is, the team is shell of what it started out and it's due to overuse. Those girls think they be getting offers, instead they best be hoping they can walk after high school.
                        You speak the truth! I've watched these girls plow through a game and it's obvious Tom teaches them to win at all costs. It's no wonder they have so many out with injuries. It's sad the trauma these girls' bodies are enduring at this early age. It's not worth it!

Comment

You speak the truth! I've watched these girls plow through a game and it's obvious Tom teaches them to win at all costs. It's no wonder they have so many out with injuries. It's sad the trauma these girls' bodies are enduring at this early age. It's not worth it!
                          I to have watched this team play and think you must have a serious axe to grind. They play strong and at a high level. Anyone who watches them and comes away saying otherwise has a serious issue with the club or the coach, but to take it out on the girls playing the game is not ok and pretty narrow minded. They are a very good team that most if not all will be signed.

At ecnl events the recruiters are lined up like cord wood watching these girls.

Comment

Imagine how Onyx would fold against a good team. Wow did they choke away what should have been a win. Good teams finish and good players finish

Comment

I to have watched this team play and think you must have a serious axe to grind. They play strong and at a high level. Anyone who watches them and comes away saying otherwise has a serious issue with the club or the coach, but to take it out on the girls playing the game is not ok and pretty narrow minded. They are a very good team that most if not all will be signed.

At ecnl events the recruiters are lined up like cord wood watching these girls.
                              My dd's team also has recruiters lined up "like cord wood watching these girls". Every single one of them have interest from one school or another, some with verbal commitments, same as Crossfire United. Difference is, no one bashes our coach because he promotes good sportsmanship, unity, teamwork, as well as hard work ethic both on the field and off. Does ECNL CU have that? Nope. In fact, I hear they are imploding. Gee, I wonder why?

ECNL Crossfire United has most of the girls from Onyx, which was a very good team. I don't argue that. We've even played them a few times. No, I have a beef with the coach who beats the crap out of the poor girls. Honestly, he pushes them to their breaking point, and what good does that do?

Comment

My dd's team also has recruiters lined up "like cord wood watching these girls". Every single one of them have interest from one school or another, some with verbal commitments, same as Crossfire United. Difference is, no one bashes our coach because he promotes good sportsmanship, unity, teamwork, as well as hard work ethic both on the field and off. Does ECNL CU have that? Nope. In fact, I hear they are imploding. Gee, I wonder why?

ECNL Crossfire United has most of the girls from Onyx, which was a very good team. I don't argue that. We've even played them a few times. No, I have a beef with the coach who beats the crap out of the poor girls. Honestly, he pushes them to their breaking point, and what good does that do?
                                Don't know what good it does, but it does result in huge numbers of injuries.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X