Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Standing promotes shenanigans and hooliganism. We definitely need more of that at our youth soccer matches. Better than standing, go for a walk during your child's training a 3x per week.
    If I go for a walk, how will I know what to address for correction in my weekly update to the coach?

Comment

Typically stand for a better view and will start walking the sideline when my back starts to tighten up from standing in one spot too long. Also its fun to hear other people's conversations or occasionally start a conversation with a parent from the other team. Making a connection with the opposing parents usually makes them and their kids less evil. ;)

Comment

I like to stand wherever I can see the game and more importantly the better-looking moms at the same time

Comment

I like to stand wherever I can see the game and more importantly the better-looking moms at the same time
          i have been with the same group of parents going on three seasons. In general, most are supportive and are good soccer parents. Some have been loud at time but overall none are too difficult to STAND or SIT next too. However, i enjoy the opposing parents more and usually site closer to their side of the pitch. I did one get into a shouting match with a team manger who thought i had no right being on "their side"

Comment

This was a side topic in another thread. Thought it might be amusing...

Do you sit or stand while watching your child play?

I sit, unless it's raining hard or really cold. Why? When I sit, I am more relaxed, less apt to do more than clap, and more apt to socialize. As I said, weather conditions sometime prohibit sitting comfortably, and I notice that I am more intense about the game. By intense, I find myself watching every second and commenting on player or coach decisions to my husband.
            Stand for #1. Sit for #2.

Comment

i have been with the same group of parents going on three seasons. In general, most are supportive and are good soccer parents. Some have been loud at time but overall none are too difficult to STAND or SIT next too. However, i enjoy the opposing parents more and usually site closer to their side of the pitch. I did one get into a shouting match with a team manger who thought i had no right being on "their side"
              I had something similar with "their side".

As a keeper parent I stand near the 18 he is playing at. Occasionally get some interesting comments like "its not my sons fault he knocked him into the post"

Comment

Stand for #1. Sit for #2.
                Never sit in a porta potty......Hover or hold it....

Comment

.... I did one get into a shouting match with a team manger who thought i had no right being on "their side"
                  Wow! How could anyone even make that kind of argument? Is there really one side versus another and the line is not to be crossed? That is totally absurd. Unless the person who "crossed the line to the other side" was stirring the pot in a way that potentially brings up trouble. For example, if someone crosses the "proverbial line" and is standing among the other team's supporters... you can cheer on your team, but be respectful and not overly loud and annoying. It would also be sportsmanlike if you compliment the other team's players when they make a good play while on that side of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonSoccerDad View Post
                    Wow! How could anyone even make that kind of argument? Is there really one side versus another and the line is not to be crossed? That is totally absurd. Unless the person who "crossed the line to the other side" was stirring the pot in a way that potentially brings up trouble. For example, if someone crosses the "proverbial line" and is standing among the other team's supporters... you can cheer on your team, but be respectful and not overly loud and annoying. It would also be sportsmanlike if you compliment the other team's players when they make a good play while on that side of the line.
                    OP, I was being a good sport but as someone not supporting their team she suggested I move to "your" side.... then the fun began. It was somewhat comical because she was later calmed down by other parents.

Comment

OP, I was being a good sport but as someone not supporting their team she suggested I move to "your" side.... then the fun began. It was somewhat comical because she was later calmed down by other parents.
                      I've run into this issue before as well. In our experience, the parents from one team came early and set up chairs, etc. on one side of midfield - right up to the line. They seemed to assume that we would then take the other half of the field, and when we spread up and down the sideline like we always do - a couple of the parents tried to "move" us to the appropriate place. Yeah, that went over well. Apparently, they had had some previous altercations caused by mixing people together. Never having been in sideline altercations before, we politely ignored them and enjoyed the game.

It was nice to win by 4 or 5...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X