X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No.

But most athletes at Harvard are admitted despite having credentials that are below the average (I.e. 2000 SAT vs. 2300 SAT or 30 ACT vs 35 ACT). Don't know his academic creds--for all you know it could match the Harvard average--but Throw in minority status and superb soccer skills and you've got a lock. What's wrong with that?? Still smart enough to get through and graduate, like nearly every other athlete that matriculates there.
    He doesn't match the average or even come close. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he doesn't struggle

Comment

Amadu was a man amongst boys when he was pre-teen. Reminded me of Freddy Adu situation. Hasn't grown much since but still a good player.
      I am pretty sure I remember him wearing a gps tracking ankle bracelet to a game I played him in when he was young playing for North Shore United. Some assault case he was involved in.

Comment

Amadu was a man amongst boys when he was pre-teen. Reminded me of Freddy Adu situation. Hasn't grown much since but still a good player.
        I am pretty sure I remember him wearing a gps tracking ankle bracelet to a game I played him in when he was young playing for North Shore United. Some assault case he was involved in.
        You people are truly amazing ... "I'm pretty sure".. .. I hope no one said I'm "pretty sure" you did some....

Comment

He doesn't match the average or even come close. I wish him the best of luck and hope that he doesn't struggle
          I bet you do wish him the best and sincerely hope he doesn't struggle. Jealous much?

Comment

Hardest part about Harvard is getting in. Once you are in, you can find the right courses and the right major. Trust me, he will graduate if he goes there. Harvard prides itself on it's low dropout rate.

Comment

I bet you do wish him the best and sincerely hope he doesn't struggle. Jealous much?
              Jealous much?
              Different poster here, but.....sort of. If he is truly intelligent and does well at Harvard then good for him. As for the jealous part....I am jealous of those that fit some diversity generated niche that gets extra consideration beyond what they have earned. I am jealous of those that don't have to pay anything for college.

For the initial part, I would like to get rid of forced diversity give to those who earn it other than determine that gift based on color, religion, or what country you fled.

As for the latter part, the cost of education is way out of control without any break or relief coming anytime soon. Make education free for all citizens. Afterall, we pay huge amounts of money into the system, we might as well benefit from it.

Comment

...For the initial part, I would like to get rid of forced diversity give to those who earn it other than determine that gift based on color, religion, or what country you fled....
                Either get informed or stop lying. There is no "forced diversity." Schools set their own diversity goals--and "quotas" have been illegal. Religion generally isn't a diversity goal at all. At any school with competitive admissions, admission must be "earned." But maybe you have personal experience with schools that don't have competitive admissions--something I know nothing about.

Anyway.... Domestic geographical diversity goals are okay? Legacy points--which make up most "preferential" treatment? How about, ironically enough, "tips" for athletes?

Comment

OP here - absolutely not jealous at all. My kid is happily placed academically and in sports. We all like to believe in the American dream and being given second chances. We love the Blind Side story line. But I work with troubled youth and those success stories are few and far between. The gems keep you going, but you have to dig through a lot of manure to get there. More often than not, despite everyone's best intentions, it just doesn't happen.

I do hope it works out for him and will be sad if it doesn't - not only for him (no one wants to see a kid fail, ever) but also because that spot could have gone to someone else who did meet Harvard's tough academic standards and was just as good a player.

Comment

I do hope it works out for him and will be sad if it doesn't - not only for him (no one wants to see a kid fail, ever) but also because that spot could have gone to someone else who did meet Harvard's tough academic standards and was just as good a player.
                    Do you know what this kid's academic qualifications are? Are you aware of players who are "just as good" as he is but with vastly superior academic credentials who are being denied spots at Harvard?

Comment

Wasn't this discussed a few months ago? Let it be. He's an adult now and has no excuses other than himself if he succeeds or fails.

Comment

Jealous much?
                        Different poster here, but.....sort of. If he is truly intelligent and does well at Harvard then good for him. As for the jealous part....I am jealous of those that fit some diversity generated niche that gets extra consideration beyond what they have earned. I am jealous of those that don't have to pay anything for college.

For the initial part, I would like to get rid of forced diversity give to those who earn it other than determine that gift based on color, religion, or what country you fled.

As for the latter part, the cost of education is way out of control without any break or relief coming anytime soon. Make education free for all citizens. Afterall, we pay huge amounts of money into the system, we might as well benefit from it.

Please ignore this idiot. He/she has already corrupted the "Bolts" thread with this diversity bull****. Would you PLEASE just go find a corner and shut it!!!!!! Why do you not just say that you hate minorities and be done with it. You keep talking around the elephant and I am sure you do not have the nuts to have this conversation in the presence of the people you seem to so despise.

Comment

Please ignore this idiot. He/she has already corrupted the "Bolts" thread with this diversity bull****. Would you PLEASE just go find a corner and shut it!!!!!! Why do you not just say that you hate minorities and be done with it. You keep talking around the elephant and I am sure you do not have the nuts to have this conversation in the presence of the people you seem to so despise.

Wow. All those exclamations and '*' must make your statement more authoritative and important. I am a minority, and I don't like seeing minorities get ahead based on color or religion. It diminishes the credibility of the foundation and the individual. As for talking around the elephant, I don't see your name listed here.

Comment

Wow. All those exclamations and '*' must make your statement more authoritative and important. I am a minority, and I don't like seeing minorities get ahead based on color or religion. It diminishes the credibility of the foundation and the individual. As for talking around the elephant, I don't see your name listed here.
                            What you are is a racist. You are NOT a minority except maybe the only ******* in your household. You got all over the kid going to Harvard and the only thing you know about him is that he is black. How did you know he got entitlements? I have nothing more to add because you are not worth anyone's time.

Comment

I do know the kid, and I do know that he has received entitlements.

Comment

What you are is a racist. You are NOT a minority except maybe the only ******* in your household. You got all over the kid going to Harvard and the only thing you know about him is that he is black. How did you know he got entitlements? I have nothing more to add because you are not worth anyone's time.
                                Thank you for calling out that guy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X