Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Perdition ST johns will go 15 -3 -2. With a difficult schedule and will win D1 central.
    Do you know what perdition means?

Comment

Based on the initial response to my SJ coach post, I take it the majority don't buy into the blame some who post here want to so heavily put on the coach. I think the alumnus made some good points.
      Alumnus here again-One point to mention if you look at the history of SJ on all sports, well most they tend to hire internally from with in the existing SJ faculty or with the SJ alumni family orformer players in that sport. Soccer in the past years was successful even the RG era except his last year. New coach not an alumni, years of experience but I can tell you SJ expecatations of winning all sports is high in admin and alumni. That being said they pay for other sports coaches and had the opportunity for a very good HS and club coach out of the Mid Wach but did not want to pay. What does that tell you-soccer plays second fiddle . SJ has talent just need a coach to recognize it and use it correctly.

Comment

It amazes me that you all think that kids go to St Johns to play sports. That is a nice benefit but St Johns students go for the education, which is far superior than the average high school. !00% college placement for the 2013 class. 1788 average SAT scores. Advanced Placement - 957 Exams; 401 Candidates; 165 Total AP Scholars: 57 Scholars;
        40 with Honor; 68 with Distinction; 19 National Scholars. This is far more important than a State Championship. Those are simply a nice side benefit. How many Wachusett, Algonquin or Groton Dunstable players have gone off to make a living playing any professional sport? Any one who thinks that students are given scholarships based on athletic ability have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

It amazes me that you all think that kids go to St Johns to play sports. That is a nice benefit but St Johns students go for the education, which is far superior than the average high school. !00% college placement for the 2013 class. 1788 average SAT scores. Advanced Placement - 957 Exams; 401 Candidates; 165 Total AP Scholars: 57 Scholars;
          40 with Honor; 68 with Distinction; 19 National Scholars. This is far more important than a State Championship. Those are simply a nice side benefit. How many Wachusett, Algonquin or Groton Dunstable players have gone off to make a living playing any professional sport? Any one who thinks that students are given scholarships based on athletic ability have no idea what you are talking about.
          There are definitely financial breaks given to some football and basketball players.

Comment

There are definitely financial breaks given to some football and basketball players.

Financial breaks maybe awarded for students who meet the academic requirements and financial needs requirements but students are not given a scholarship initially based on athletic ability.

Comment

Financial breaks maybe awarded for students who meet the academic requirements and financial needs requirements but students are not given a scholarship initially based on athletic ability.
              You cant be serious to think we dont know this does happen. It happens for about 10 -20 students a year. Dont be naive and think it doesnt happen.

Comment

hmmm, are you a SJ parent? Do you work at SJ? Did you go to SJ? I would bet not.

Comment

hmmm, are you a SJ parent? Do you work at SJ? Did you go to SJ? I would bet not.
                  I am a parent of a junior, I do not work there, I am an alumni. But thanks for asking about my pedigree.

Comment

How has Shrewsbury and Gonk looked in their scrimages?

Comment

I am a parent of a junior, I do not work there, I am an alumni. But thanks for asking about my pedigree.

OMG----you think your pedigree is based on whether or not you went to St Johns. WOW, everything people say about you SJ people is true!

Comment

How has Shrewsbury and Gonk looked in their scrimages?
                        Shrews lost to lincoln-Sudbury 3-1

Comment

OMG----you think your pedigree is based on whether or not you went to St Johns. WOW, everything people say about you SJ people is true!
                          It was a joke stupid. Making fun of the other guy. God follow the posting. Dope

Comment

It was a joke stupid. Making fun of the other guy. God follow the posting. Dope
                            This reply made it so clear that you are not a SJ grad! Your inability to use punctuation and grammar either indicate that you flunked out of SJ or never went there.

In fact, it would appear that you did not graduate from anywhere!

Comment

This reply made it so clear that you are not a SJ grad! Your inability to use punctuation and grammar either indicate that you flunked out of SJ or never went there.

In fact, it would appear that you did not graduate from anywhere!
                              Really? This is so dumb. So if I said "Excuse me Sir. I was making a reference about the other poster and tried to be amusing. Please use your intelligence and follow the words that are posted on the forum. That way you can understand the wit and sarcasm that comes with it. Your not intelligent at all. Cheers fellow SJ graduate".

But you see I will always stay true to who I am and not be a PRETENDER and think that because I went to SJ I am better than anyone. I was fortunate to go there and get a great education. You my friend use that like it is some social status. I played sports there and I also got financial assistance. The fact that someone is good will always have the oppurtunity to get financial aid. When SJ wants someone to come to their school that is a great athlete, that may or may not be able to afford it the checkbook gets opened. I am happy for you that you can sit around the water cooler wearing your band jacket telling war stories about your SJ high school years. I will be proud to be afforded that oppurtunity and support my alma mater. I am also not naive to think that the practice of "financial assistance" to those that have had a tough life is not going on still. Not all of us can be a trust fund baby like you! You are what people make fun of about SJ. Snob, snart, rich kid who thinks he is better than the rest. Remember you are just another number in the alumni donation book that gets hounded year in and year out. That makes you shallow.

Comment

Really? This is so dumb. So if I said "Excuse me Sir. I was making a reference about the other poster and tried to be amusing. Please use your intelligence and follow the words that are posted on the forum. That way you can understand the wit and sarcasm that comes with it. Your not intelligent at all. Cheers fellow SJ graduate".

But you see I will always stay true to who I am and not be a PRETENDER and think that because I went to SJ I am better than anyone. I was fortunate to go there and get a great education. You my friend use that like it is some social status. I played sports there and I also got financial assistance. The fact that someone is good will always have the oppurtunity to get financial aid. When SJ wants someone to come to their school that is a great athlete, that may or may not be able to afford it the checkbook gets opened. I am happy for you that you can sit around the water cooler wearing your band jacket telling war stories about your SJ high school years. I will be proud to be afforded that oppurtunity and support my alma mater. I am also not naive to think that the practice of "financial assistance" to those that have had a tough life is not going on still. Not all of us can be a trust fund baby like you! You are what people make fun of about SJ. Snob, snart, rich kid who thinks he is better than the rest. Remember you are just another number in the alumni donation book that gets hounded year in and year out. That makes you shallow.
                                Will you two idiots take your high school theatrics somewhere else? You are both an embarrassment to the institution.
                                If you want to discuss St Johns apparent disinterest in its soccer program, especially if you are capable of adding to the conversation, please join in.
                                They seem to have had a solid preseason.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X