Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best player on GPS NPL 15's?

I've heard good things about this team recently... Rumor has it that they've managed to get their hands on some new talent. They have a couple of players on the 15's GPS national team too. One from bulldogs, the two fast twins from crusaders, and another who played academy? Correct me if I'm wrong on anything, mostly just rumors.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So don't read my crap. get lost
      Nice comeback --Which group of 12 year olds are going to critique tomorrow? Your pathetic-

Comment

The GPS NPL teams will be excellent from U12 to U14 with the latter two being very dominant. The U13s will be the best in the state and, perhaps, region. However, I don't know whether or not they will play in the state cup.

Comment

Valeo B team, NEFC B team, Portland B team (first time playing 11 v 11), Seacoast B team( and top player had a diaper rash) Blazers B team ( 3 new kids one of whom's primary sport is fly fishing, not soccer) Let me see, oh yeah, PTUSA B team and Paul Turner was still hung over from a Keith Urban concert. The excuses just keep coming. Truth is GPS NPL are easily going to be State Champs, it's pretty evident.
          Who cares about being state champs? And by the way, which state? I thought 100% of players actually have to live in said state to win a cup. GPS has kids from all over.

Then again, who cares about the state cup?

Comment

The GPS NPL teams will be excellent from U12 to U14 with the latter two being very dominant. The U13s will be the best in the state and, perhaps, region. However, I don't know whether or not they will play in the state cup.
            You people need a reality check. Play in non GPS tournaments out of state before you start predicting how great you think your son's quasi team is.

Comment

You people need a reality check. Play in non GPS tournaments out of state before you start predicting how great you think your son's quasi team is.
              Have them play the might Valeo U12 team. They just came back from PA as champions of the world. Would love to see GPS lose to a U12 team.

Comment

Time is standing still.
                First Rush reference on T-S so far? Oddly prophetic...

Time Stand Still.....

Summer's going fast, nights growing colder
                Children growing up, old friends growing older
                Freeze this moment a little bit longer
                Make each sensation a little bit stronger
                Experience slips away
                Experience slips away...
                The innocence slips away

Comment

Non-judgmental comment / question.... (I swear, it's not agenda-based, just curious.)

Top GPS team playing in Stars Cup... but GPS was hosting the Milan Cup this weekend. Why wouldn't GPS play in their own tourney? Wouldn't that bring up the quality of their own tourney?

Comment

Non-judgmental comment / question.... (I swear, it's not agenda-based, just curious.)

Top GPS team playing in Stars Cup... but GPS was hosting the Milan Cup this weekend. Why wouldn't GPS play in their own tourney? Wouldn't that bring up the quality of their own tourney?
                    No, it wouldn't. All the other good teams aren't going to flock to Milan Cup just because GPS has its top team in it.

And if you don't believe me, there are plenty of other GPS-sponsored tournaments that GPS puts its top teams in (Thanksgiving, Fathers' Day, Mid-Summer). In most cases other, better tournaments are available.

Comment

You may be right about the U13s. But as for the U14s, I wouldn't expect a "very dominant" team to lose in the semifinals of Stars Cup.

Also, as discussed in other threads, US Club Soccer will have its own state cup.

Comment

Now the former MPS has developed quite the engine and are now GPS...Global Premier Soccer. This is, in the youth soccer world, quite a successful move and position to be in. They now offer every level of soccer (except DAP) on the boys side. Your child can play at the lowest levels (below select), the select level, the elite level, or the NPL level. If he is at the NPL level then that is great and those teams will be very strong and those families will have little need to look to the Revs, Bolts, or Seacoast for soccer in the high school years. The teams train 10-11 months per year with tournaments throughout....granted many of these tournaments are GPS sponsored.

However, if you are not at the NPL level then all bets are off. No different than playing a varsity sport in college or club or intramural sport.

I look forward to seeing how the NPL teams do. I also wonder at what point will they regionalize (inter-state) the NPL teams to make mega-teams.
                        Looks like the MIGHTY U13 GPS NPL team tied NEFC Elite U13 0 - 0

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                          looks like the mighty u13 gps npl team tied nefc elite u13 0 - 0
                          nefc 6 gps 0

Comment

nefc 6 gps 0
                            You are incorrect or looking at the wrong teams.
                            The GPS NPL Elite U13B team convincing beat all teams at the Stars Cup including the NEFC U13B elite team.
                            In NEP play, these two teams tied 0-0.
                            At no time has the NEFC elite U13B beated the GPS NPL Elite U13B.

Comment

You are incorrect or looking at the wrong teams.
                              The GPS NPL Elite U13B team convincing beat all teams at the Stars Cup including the NEFC U13B elite team.
                              In NEP play, these two teams tied 0-0.
                              At no time has the NEFC elite U13B beated the GPS NPL Elite U13B.
                              Oops. It's the girls team that crushed GPS.

Comment

Nefc vs GPS NPL

Looks like the MIGHTY U13 GPS NPL team tied NEFC Elite U13 0 - 0
                                Hats off to NEFC for playing well on Sunday. If you were at the game you would say that NEFC's work rate was second to none, fair to say coach got all he could out of his boys. After the loss at Stars he changed up the formation to a defensive minded 4-5-1 and packed it in. In fairness most of the game was in NEFC's defensive third but GPS couldn't find the back of the net.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X