Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repealing Birth Year Mandate

Wow! It looks as if US Club Soccer and USYS are looking to go back to August 1st age cutoff this fall. A decline in youth soccer enrollment and kids not playing with classmates are the driving reasons. This includes ECNL, NPL and most youth leagues. Big news!

Lots of rumors, looks like ECNL is voting on it very soon. For the sake of the kids and the game I hope they do. It isn't the only reason participation is down but it definitely is a factor. Let DA keep it calendar year if they think it works for them. It isn't working for thousands of kids every year who will never go pro or be on the NT. They just want to play and would prefer to be with friends and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Lots of rumors, looks like ECNL is voting on it very soon. For the sake of the kids and the game I hope they do. It isn't the only reason participation is down but it definitely is a factor. Let DA keep it calendar year if they think it works for them. It isn't working for thousands of kids every year who will never go pro or be on the NT. They just want to play and would prefer to be with friends and have fun.
      What about going to graduating year?

Comment

Are you telling me that after years of crap - already one age change, gda chaos, new recruiting rules, and thousands of dollars ...we will have yet another major disruption??

We finally get to prime recruitment years after surviving all that **** and you are telling me that ...my U15 kids team will skip to U17, and U16 kid will skip to U18 next year??

Youth soccer sucks. Stay away. far far away.

Comment

Are you telling me that after years of crap - already one age change, gda chaos, new recruiting rules, and thousands of dollars ...we will have yet another major disruption??

We finally get to prime recruitment years after surviving all that **** and you are telling me that ...my U15 kids team will skip to U17, and U16 kid will skip to U18 next year??

Youth soccer sucks. Stay away. far far away.
          No, that’s what happened when they went to birth year. Going to school year will have kids born after August repeating an age bracket. These are, of course, the same kids who got screwed over when they had to skip an age bracket three years ago.

This will help every kid looking to play college ball, as kids in the same class will get a chance to compete against each other.

Comment

No, that’s what happened when they went to birth year. Going to school year will have kids born after August repeating an age bracket. These are, of course, the same kids who got screwed over when they had to skip an age bracket three years ago.

This will help every kid looking to play college ball, as kids in the same class will get a chance to compete against each other.
            Oh hell no are reforming all these teams again. that was literally 2 solid years of chaotic nonsense.. seriously.... enough.

It makes no darn difference where you put the darn cut off. Just stop.

Comment

Wow! It looks as if US Club Soccer and USYS are looking to go back to August 1st age cutoff this fall. A decline in youth soccer enrollment and kids not playing with classmates are the driving reasons. This includes ECNL, NPL and most youth leagues. Big news!
              post a link to your source.

Comment

I hope they do not. As much as I hated the move to birth year, this will blow up a ton of teams and drive kids away from the sport, again.

Comment

https://cincysc.com/us-soccer-mullin...group-changes/

Comment

Ok. They are looking for feed back in that piece abut the idea. Here is some feedback form them......

Fu** with us one more time and we are out. We are done. Enough. Basta.

Got it US soccer?

Comment

thanks

Comment

It is a terrible idea leading to yet another pointless, destructive disruption for thousands of youth club players.

My advice to all youth athletes at this point would be to ditch club sports and go with school sports. That is available, steady, low cost and structured.

The club side of things is a guarantee of over priced, chaotic nonsense every. single. year. Have been at this for years now with two soccer crazy players and and there is no end to it. Stay away.

Comment

It is a terrible idea leading to yet another pointless, destructive disruption for thousands of youth club players.

My advice to all youth athletes at this point would be to ditch club sports and go with school sports. That is available, steady, low cost and structured.

The club side of things is a guarantee of over priced, chaotic nonsense every. single. year. Have been at this for years now with two soccer crazy players and and there is no end to it. Stay away.
                          The change before was pointless with almost no benefits and thousands of kids harmed. Change this time (if passed) is for the better. A minor disruption that won't get nearly as many complaints because it's better for the kids and the sport in the long run.

Comment

The change before was pointless with almost no benefits and thousands of kids harmed. Change this time (if passed) is for the better. A minor disruption that won't get nearly as many complaints because it's better for the kids and the sport in the long run.
                            It is a major disruption. Do it 10 years. The current group has more then paid their dues with all the nonsense.

Comment

It is a major disruption. Do it 10 years. The current group has more then paid their dues with all the nonsense.
                              I disagree. The sport can't afford to lose more participants and that's just kicking the can down the road. There will always be a disruption no matter when you do it. Either

1) rip off the bandaid and be done with it
                              2) do it in a graduated system over 2-3 years
                              3) leave the HS+ aged teams as they are and do it for U14 and under.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X