X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mallory Pugh cut from Olympic team

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-s...lifying-roster

So the coach cuts 8 players with 4 of them being ladies of color...why is this team so white all the time? asking for my dad...

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/it-m...h1pm46rqojzwod

Results

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

So the coach cuts 8 players with 4 of them being ladies of color...why is this team so white all the time? asking for my dad...

Women are extremely competitive in the Olympics. Whatever they are doing is working. The bigger question is why haven't the Men qualified for the last 2? How long has DA been around?

Comment

She underperformed in NWSL 4 goals in 24 games. Underperformed in World Cup and current friendlies . She lost her spot to Lynn Williams who played well and happens to be of color.

Davidson is injures so was left off

Comment

Stop with the race baiting. It has no place here.

Comment

The team is white because people of color are always use as token player in us soccer. They are there so the whites can say, we have player of color on the team. Facts you take one of the best black midfield/forward player in the nwsl and make her a defender on the national team. The whites running us soccer are afraid she with out shine there darling Morgan and rapinoe, if she plays up front. There may not be down right racism in the uswnt but, there sure is skin favoritism. This happens at the youth level across florida as well.

Comment

It's a predominately white sport, especially for girls.. USSF being utterly clueless is true but this isn't about race, just stupidity

Comment

The team is white because people of color are always use as token player in us soccer. They are there so the whites can say, we have player of color on the team. Facts you take one of the best black midfield/forward player in the nwsl and make her a defender on the national team. The whites running us soccer are afraid she with out shine there darling Morgan and rapinoe, if she plays up front. There may not be down right racism in the uswnt but, there sure is skin favoritism. This happens at the youth level across florida as well.
              The USWNT has proven to be the best in the world. Color or no color they are doing something right. If this is the team the coaches feel is best, then I trust them.

Not being good enough does not come to race, but it sure is an easy excuse to throw out there to mask a players failures. Stop telling us everything comes down to race. It doesn't and it's insulting.

Comment

I wonder if MP regrets walking away from a free ride to UCLA now?

Comment

She’s actually a one trick pony - down the line , fake cut in - every single time

Comment

I wonder if MP regrets walking away from a free ride to UCLA now?
                    Nah she makes more than enough from HULU, Nike, dove, Gatorade etc.

Comment

They hating on "The Pugh" Put her in the middle and have the whole team try to services her the ball, she will do just as good if not better than the white forward

Comment

I am a person of color and I agree she has played like ****. She played better at 17. If she was white she would have the benefit of the doubt. But, in this case she needs a wake up call. Get it together or she will never be called up again.

Dunn, on the other hand, always gets screwed. She was a million times better than an old Wambach but got cut for lesser white players. There is racism but The Pugh decision was not a great injustice. She also needs to play to her talent level.

Comment

The team is very similar in make up to our country approximately 60% white, 14% Black. No racism, if we went by this description we should be crying about racism in NBA and NFL which is something like 80%and 70% Black. Maybe the NBA and NFL should invest more money in white neighborhoods to level out the disparity. So just stop with everything being black n white.

Comment

The team is very similar in make up to our country approximately 60% white, 14% Black. No racism, if we went by this description we should be crying about racism in NBA and NFL which is something like 80%and 70% Black. Maybe the NBA and NFL should invest more money in white neighborhoods to level out the disparity. So just stop with everything being black n white.
                            Let be real having more black in NFL and NBA is not racist. Black are better at running, jumping, and are generally stronger than most white. No one shout racist in hockey. More white there. The uswnt definitely display skin favoritism. With skin favoritism you don't have to hate black or other races, just pick whites first. Uswnt motto we are not anti black. We are just pro white.

Comment

I’ve always been a fan of Mal. She had tons of talent. Pace. Agility. Quickness.

However, the poster that said she was better at 17 is 100% correct. She hasn’t preformed well in at least a year. She has a poor first touch, turns it over too much, and hasn’t continued to develop physically...she looks slower.

She’s had some injuries, but I think she’s spending too much time being a “star.” Maybe step away from Dansby Swanson and get back in the gym and start training again on the pitch.

She doesn’t deserve to be on the team. Probably 4 potential forwards that should be ahead of her based on PLAY and PRODUCTION.

Honestly....I’d have her behind Sophia Smith, too. She more dynamic and a better player.

As far as race? Give me a break...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X