Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Reign Coach Laura Harvey named as USWNT U20 Coach

LH is leaving the Utah Royals to coach the WNT U20 team. Both she and Tracey Kevins started Reign Academy but shortly left and now both are coaching national teams, as well as Andonovski. Several players from RA have recently played international games with the ynt. It does seem RA has an inroad with US Soccer and its NT staff.

Zahra Lechak, who used to be an SU coach, was also a youth national team scout for awhile, though I'm not sure she's in the same role there now. Almost all Seattle girls with consistent appearances on YNT in the last few years were former SU girls who moved on to Reign or Xfire. SU team she coached for several years and brought to national rank, then coached by Jason Farrell, became the first Reign 03 team when Reign started. Lots of talented kids, now all scattered among Reign and ECNL

Comment

yep that will be their big sales pitch.

I don't really understand the PSPL divisions. I thought WNPL would be a higher skill level then the Classic 1 West, but it was much lower. At any rate our Div 3 RCL team destroyed their top? Only? team in the age group. Hard to develop top teams if that's the foundation.

The girls I saw that had left our club based on promises of a pathway to the YNT had buyers remorse, and I doubt they will stick around for next year.

They'll get the parents who are convinced the only reason their DD isn't on A team is that she just hasn't been seen, or the coach doesn't like her. Then when they don't have better success with RA they will hop their kid to the next club with big promises. Sure they will get some girls due to DA, we'll see if that's enough to keep them going.

Comment

Doesn't RA operate like other clubs? A team gets all the love leaving the B team with wishful false hope? Not picking on RA but it seems like most of the big clubs focus their energy and marketing efforts around their A teams. How many big time exposure tournaments can a low division PSPL team qualify into and attract college coaches from big time programs? How many local college rosters are filled with PSPL players? RCL B team players? The only exception to this would be Central and Eastern Washington University teams where they tend to recruit locally from the nearby clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Doesn't RA operate like other clubs? A team gets all the love leaving the B team with wishful false hope? Not picking on RA but it seems like most of the big clubs focus their energy and marketing efforts around their A teams. How many big time exposure tournaments can a low division PSPL team qualify into and attract college coaches from big time programs? How many local college rosters are filled with PSPL players? RCL B team players? The only exception to this would be Central and Eastern Washington University teams where they tend to recruit locally from the nearby clubs.
          The Reign A teams compete in the USSDA, with tons of exposure to national team scouts, college coaches etc. The Reserves complete in PSPL.

Comment

Post wasn’t about RA’s USSDA league.it was about B team leagues and exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Post wasn’t about RA’s USSDA league.it was about B team leagues and exposure.
              That was my point. Reign Reserves have likely no more exposure than any other PSPL team. The Reign name doesn't make a difference if coaches aren't attending games. That said, there are some local tournaments that attract coaches, like Xfire Challenge, like PSPL teams might enter, and probably others I don't know about since I don't have a kid in that league

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X