•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP on the Island

I just got this.....
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to speak over the course of the last few weeks! There has been a common theme throughout all of the conversations, that there is a need on Long Island for localized programming in the younger age groups! We are very optimistic that we have the critical mass, on the boys side, to put together a league for this coming Spring (2012, 2011, and 2010).

Laying the groundwork this Spring, on a small scale with a base of 4-5 clubs, should help lay a good foundation that allows us to grow participation in Fall 2020. If there are any holes that need to be filled (e.g. Club A doesn’t have a 2012 team) we will work together to fill that slot.

With the holidays approaching we realize the chance of getting everyone together in the next few days to iron out all the details will be tough! Let's plan to get together in January when everyone is back in the office from the holidays. Please send me your availability throughout January and we'll set a date/time to get together.

Thank you and have a great holiday with your families!

Tyler Botte
    Regional Manager (New York / Long Island)

Cool. I got a 20% coupon from Soccer.com. And, a weekly update from the EPL weekend games. Nothing else of interest in my inbox.

Anyone else?

Comment

EDP on the Island

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I just got this.....
      Good afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to speak over the course of the last few weeks! There has been a common theme throughout all of the conversations, that there is a need on Long Island for localized programming in the younger age groups! We are very optimistic that we have the critical mass, on the boys side, to put together a league for this coming Spring (2012, 2011, and 2010).

Laying the groundwork this Spring, on a small scale with a base of 4-5 clubs, should help lay a good foundation that allows us to grow participation in Fall 2020. If there are any holes that need to be filled (e.g. Club A doesn’t have a 2012 team) we will work together to fill that slot.

With the holidays approaching we realize the chance of getting everyone together in the next few days to iron out all the details will be tough! Let's plan to get together in January when everyone is back in the office from the holidays. Please send me your availability throughout January and we'll set a date/time to get together.

Thank you and have a great holiday with your families!

Tyler Botte
      Regional Manager (New York / Long Island)
      wow, this is so unbelievably great!!!! another opportunity for another soccer organization to come to LI and further dilute the talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a mess it is here on LI...just when you thought it could not get any worse!!!

Comment

So, you took Larry's bait?

Comment

EDP on the Island

So, you took Larry's bait?
          If this is not true...i'm ashamed to say that i did.

Comment

If this is not true...i'm ashamed to say that i did.
            No, not generally; just the e-mail; I assume Larry tweaked a word or two to see if anyone would post it here.

Comment

wow, this is so unbelievably great!!!! another opportunity for another soccer organization to come to LI and further dilute the talent!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a mess it is here on LI...just when you thought it could not get any worse!!!
              Good point. With that logic there shouldn’t be any college teams that compete with each other in the area and ALL be like LIU/Stonybrook.

Comment

The more leagues the more the Larry is happy.

Comment

EDP on the Island

Good point. With that logic there shouldn’t be any college teams that compete with each other in the area and ALL be like LIU/Stonybrook.
                  not sure that is a fair comment. the colleges have kids on there rosters from everywhere not just LI.

Comment

not sure that is a fair comment. the colleges have kids on there rosters from everywhere not just LI.
                    And with that logic the local teams should only take players within town, so they don’t dilute the talent.
                    Were you a philosophy major at QCC?
                    Duh.

Comment

EDP on the Island

And with that logic the local teams should only take players within town, so they don’t dilute the talent.
                      Were you a philosophy major at QCC?
                      Duh.
                      the question that remains is this:

With all these leagues (NYCSL, LIJ, DA, ECNL, Super Y, EDP, Interleague) how do we determine (without any argument) what the best league is?

Who the best teams are? (without argument).
                      Who the best players are? (without argument).

In other countries where the government has a stake in the business. There is only on league that is run and everybody filters through the system like a funnel. And there is a system in place to determine who the best players are.

Our system has multiple funnels yet none of them are connected.

Comment

GDA by far is the best....and I’d run by US Soccer unlike the other leagues.

Comment

EDP has made these claims of pushing out to long island every single season for the past 3 years. While they have enlarged their LI footprint, it has been far far far less than advertised.

Comment

EDP has made these claims of pushing out to long island every single season for the past 3 years. While they have enlarged their LI footprint, it has been far far far less than advertised.
                            EDP is all about the $$$ now. Used to be a credible place to play if your kid's team was iced out of ECNL or NPL, now (like the others) it's just a watered down money grab.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X