Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESPN Hiring State Cup U14 Sideline Reporter - $50k

This could be the opportunity of a lifetime for the right individual who has a child on a team in this years Florida's State Cup in Auburndale.

Your resposibility will be to film games and interview parents, coaches and even the next superstars, however the superstars must have their parents at their side during interview process. We want you then to get the reaction from other parents of the non-superstars on that team as well as the non superstars as well. We would also like you to interview the coaches as well about the parents who child is all that and a bag of jelly doughnuts, and please get us the interview with the coaches about their non superstar irreelvant players as well. Then this film documentary will be shown in its entirety to the rest of America to voice in on their opinion as well.

Then before each game, we would like you to have each child on their team perform the following:

1. Tiime their 40 yard dash
    2. Time each childs leaping ability
    3. Measure each childs thigh size
    4. Measure the kids shot speed from the 18 (Radar Gun will be supplied)
    5. Take one player at a time and start them at the center line, take an opposing 11 players as the defense and the winner will be the child who can go through all 11 and score a goal.
    (There will be at least on parent who thinks his daughter can do this.)

At the end of each game interview each parent and find out why their child who lost the game should be grounded for the next three months and feel unworthy of their parents love. Then do not forget to interview each parent on the winning team and explain to the world how great their child was and why they should be on the cover of June 2011 magazine. Also if you have time interview the coaches, the reason you might not have time is that some of the ego's from the parents may keep them talking-soccer for a couple of hours.

Well, please send your resumes to mykidsthebestandyourssucks@espn.you.need.help.com

Now thats funny, there are plenty of parents that would take this job in a second, and be thrilled to put their name on this.

Comment

No Thanks

No thanks.... my Mel Kiper u14 analyst job pays MUCH more than that... thanks for the interest!

Comment

A feeble attempt at humor and sarcasm. Don't quit your day job.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          A feeble attempt at humor and sarcasm. Don't quit your day job.
          Yep. You are the one they will want to interview first.

Comment

Damn this is good, maybe a few parents might want to just stfu and let the kids play and have fun. Seriously, how cool would it be for the kids to see the posts that thier ignorant parents post, and then put it on espn. Hell, give me the job, I will do it for free to shut up some of these inconsiderate morons.

Good Luck to every team, every boy and every girl that has been part of this tremendous sport

Comment

God bless those kids who continue to play the Beautiful Sport somehow overcoming their parents "assistance".
              They are truly the best of the best and a pleasure to watch.

Comment

God bless those kids who continue to play the Beautiful Sport somehow overcoming their parents "assistance".
                They are truly the best of the best and a pleasure to watch.
                Couple of weeks ago I saw a hs age girls game where the coach was the father of the center mid. He was constantly barking instructions, mostly to her. At one point, she tries to take on a player and fails. He screams that she needs to pass the ball. She yells back the she knows what shes doing. The next couple of minutes are pretty tense as he mutters very loudly that she can't talk to him that way and arranges to sub her out. The girl he calls up from the bench eventually meekly takes the field as he rips his daughter a new one for talking back. Then the other team almost scores, and several players on his bench tell him they need his daughter back on the field. He says nothing. Nods begrudgingly. And the whole team calls for a sub before the goal kick can be taken.
                LOVED IT!!!
                Poor kid.

Comment

Amazing, I would like to see one game with no parents on the sidelines period, I bet these kids would have the time of their life. Just playing a game that they love, now that would be inspiring. Let the Coaches coach and the players play, with no outside interference.

If ESPN would actually film these parents and they had a chance to look at themselves it would be eye opening to say the least.

Couple of weeks ago I saw a hs age girls game where the coach was the father of the center mid. He was constantly barking instructions, mostly to her. At one point, she tries to take on a player and fails. He screams that she needs to pass the ball. She yells back the she knows what shes doing. The next couple of minutes are pretty tense as he mutters very loudly that she can't talk to him that way and arranges to sub her out. The girl he calls up from the bench eventually meekly takes the field as he rips his daughter a new one for talking back. Then the other team almost scores, and several players on his bench tell him they need his daughter back on the field. He says nothing. Nods begrudgingly. And the whole team calls for a sub before the goal kick can be taken.
                  LOVED IT!!!
                  Poor kid.

Comment

I tried the link and it didn't work, where can I find more info?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X