Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You don't think the average soccer skill level has increased? If so you aren't looking close enough. Skill levels are much better than 20-30 years ago.
    I think it is a deservice to the participants of youth soccer to speak of averages. There are skilled players in every aspect of the competitive game , many may not be recognized because of their place in the hierarchy. After all , it is a simple game. If the children involved are experiencing an atmosphere of success and are encouraged by the adults supporting them, it is irrelevant to entertain notions of speculation regarding is it better or not than the past This is their time, the children’s time, why add additional anxiety to the equation ?

Comment

You don't think the average soccer skill level has increased? If so you aren't looking close enough. Skill levels are much better than 20-30 years ago.
      It’s the cleats

Comment

is CFC struggling so much with their ECNL teams that they are having tryouts tonight?
        It's for U14.

Comment

It's for U14.
          Tryouts were a joke.

Comment

Tryouts were a joke.
            too bad your kid wasn't given an offer

Comment

too bad your kid wasn't given an offer
              My kid was there. We play cfc. Not alot to be impressed by. Did you watch?

Comment

My kid was there. We play cfc. Not alot to be impressed by. Did you watch?
                Your kid? Yeah, I watched her. Not impressed either. Might want to hit the Fsa tryout.

Comment

I think it is a deservice to the participants of youth soccer to speak of averages. There are skilled players in every aspect of the competitive game , many may not be recognized because of their place in the hierarchy. After all , it is a simple game. If the children involved are experiencing an atmosphere of success and are encouraged by the adults supporting them, it is irrelevant to entertain notions of speculation regarding is it better or not than the past This is their time, the children’s time, why add additional anxiety to the equation ?
                  Is nba basketball better now than 30 years ago? I'm not sure soccer is any better. Years ago kids played pick up, in the yard, against older kids, skill built on their own, etc. Not sure i see too much of that these days. Putting goals up in the yard and getting after it. Today it's all programming and programmed play. Maybe you can argue coaching is better these days and maybe soccer intelligence has improved, and training sessions marry what you see in the big game... but i'm not sure kids are better

Comment

Your kid? Yeah, I watched her. Not impressed either. Might want to hit the Fsa tryout.
                    Are you that pompous protective dad at cfc. Just because your kid plays there doesn't mean it's all that. Open your eyes sparky. If you were impressed with that then it's pretty telling

Comment

I’m sure plenty of the present team will continue on with the U14 ecnl team but if they pick up 7 or 8 girls that are better then present players that will be a huge improvement. Team will get better

Comment

I’m sure plenty of the present team will continue on with the U14 ecnl team but if they pick up 7 or 8 girls that are better then present players that will be a huge improvement. Team will get better
                        Are we REALLY talking about girls soccer? C’mon!

Comment

Which is likely to happen. The other poster judging based on one tryout - during vacation week for many kids - is a fool. His kid probably isn't that good anyway. Besides, even if it won't be a "top" team in ECNL down the road, it most likely will be the top team in CT. The poster will be even less impressed with OW and FSA. Go into NY and you have a few options but that may be too far for many CT families, same with going into MA. Pick the best of the worst and have your kid do a lot of work on their own. That's what a top player does - their personal drive pushes them to work hard inside and outside of practices and games.

Comment

Are we REALLY talking about girls soccer? C’mon!
                            There is only girls soccer. If your son is playing soccer above the age of 10, it is probably because other sports didn't work out for him. That isn't a slight, it is just the truth today in the US (and especially in the east).

Comment

There is only girls soccer. If your son is playing soccer above the age of 10, it is probably because other sports didn't work out for him. That isn't a slight, it is just the truth today in the US (and especially in the east).
                              What a fool. I went full boat and my son went full boat. Looks like it didn't work out huh. College was and is free

Comment

Which is likely to happen. The other poster judging based on one tryout - during vacation week for many kids - is a fool. His kid probably isn't that good anyway. Besides, even if it won't be a "top" team in ECNL down the road, it most likely will be the top team in CT. The poster will be even less impressed with OW and FSA. Go into NY and you have a few options but that may be too far for many CT families, same with going into MA. Pick the best of the worst and have your kid do a lot of work on their own. That's what a top player does - their personal drive pushes them to work hard inside and outside of practices and games.
                                Love how you feel the need to first bash the kid and parent by saying your kid probably isn't that good, calling them fools and then you move onto bashing FSA and OW. What a poor pathetic tool you are as a person. Parents like you should be banned from any youth sporting event. Please just keep your negative advice to yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X