Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFC girls NPL

How are these teams and what is the quality of coaches?

Not very strong. If you are traveling to Bethany for NPL you are in the wrong place. Find a more convenient club. Top teams at Ginga, Sporting, Rush all better than a CFC NPL team. Coaching is same as talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Not very strong. If you are traveling to Bethany for NPL you are in the wrong place. Find a more convenient club. Top teams at Ginga, Sporting, Rush all better than a CFC NPL team. Coaching is same as talent.
      Thanks. How big are the rosters?

Comment

Thanks. How big are the rosters?
        They tend to be more manageable than the ECNL rosters so decent playing time. Teams aren't great but not awful either. Most players wind up on lowest level D1 or D3 schools which is an appropriate fit, and CFC gets almost all of them placed. If it's convenient for you it could be worthwhile but the drive up the Merritt at rush hour from lower FC is brutal. The other clubs someone mentioned are just not as strong as the poster portrayed and get virtually no college placements. But if college isn't a goal then I wouldn't spend the time/money on CFC NPL either.

Comment

These CFC and FSA girl's NPL teams aren't very good. Go watch them play

Comment

They tend to be more manageable than the ECNL rosters so decent playing time. Teams aren't great but not awful either. Most players wind up on lowest level D1 or D3 schools which is an appropriate fit, and CFC gets almost all of them placed. If it's convenient for you it could be worthwhile but the drive up the Merritt at rush hour from lower FC is brutal. The other clubs someone mentioned are just not as strong as the poster portrayed and get virtually no college placements. But if college isn't a goal then I wouldn't spend the time/money on CFC NPL either.
            I will disagree on one point, the clubs like Ginga, Sporting and Rush are stronger than a CFC or an FSA NPL team. I watched one game at FSA a few weeks ago and FSA team was dismantled. It was only a 2-0 score but FSA literally could not get ball over midfield line. The other thing to point out is these clubs are now starting to mature. For the first time in their existence they are maintaining HS aged teams. You will start to see these clubs placing players in college programs. Most will be D3 or mid tier D1 but it is now an option to CFC. Parents no longer have to pay for a 28 player roster spot. Also, CFC is not placing large numbers of NPL players in college.

Comment

These CFC and FSA girl's NPL teams aren't very good. Go watch them play
              What age group are you referring to and what clubs are you comparing them to?

Comment

I will disagree on one point, the clubs like Ginga, Sporting and Rush are stronger than a CFC or an FSA NPL team. I watched one game at FSA a few weeks ago and FSA team was dismantled. It was only a 2-0 score but FSA literally could not get ball over midfield line. The other thing to point out is these clubs are now starting to mature. For the first time in their existence they are maintaining HS aged teams. You will start to see these clubs placing players in college programs. Most will be D3 or mid tier D1 but it is now an option to CFC. Parents no longer have to pay for a 28 player roster spot. Also, CFC is not placing large numbers of NPL players in college.
                Well the question was about CFC but thanks forbthone game FSA analysis. CFC had 16-17 NPL players land spots the last few years. The other clubs might get 2-3 tops. It's a matter of talent and also connections.

Comment

Well the question was about CFC but thanks for the one game FSA analysis. CFC had 16-17 NPL players land spots the last few years each year. The other clubs might get 2-3 tops. It's a matter of talent and also connections.
                  Sorry typo/correction

Comment

What the heck are you talking about??? NPL kids do not go to mid-tier D1 schools, I mean ECNL kids are going there from CT, sprinkle in a few outliers that go to a power five school. Maybe bottom of the barrel D1 schools.

Comment

What age group are you referring to and what clubs are you comparing them to?
                      the girls 03 and 04 NPL teams aren't very good - did you need more info. Go watch

Comment

NPL teams soon to be ECNL2

Comment

the girls 03 and 04 NPL teams aren't very good - did you need more info. Go watch
                          Who have you seen them play?

Comment

NPL kids do not go to mid-tier D1 schools
                            What is a mid-tier D1 school for girls soccer? I guess any school that does not make the NCAA tourney would be that?

Comment

What are you guys smoking? 1 or 2 NPL players from these teams tops will end up at a very low D1 and it is not likely they will ever play. More than half will not play even D3. Make no mistake, these are B teams and they are not very good .... as opposed to non-ecnl npl teams which are a clubs A team and have some decent players. Avoid these for the cost and quality.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X