Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lmao I’m with Miramar and I don’t know if that was a derogatory message or if it was in our favor LOL. Bottom line, we need to stop advertising our tryouts for this week because nearby clubs will have to cancel their practice. We apologize.
    Sorry, clubs..... Good turn out, first day..... Some parents are tired of the same thing year after year, want something different.

Comment

Sorry, clubs..... Good turn out, first day..... Some parents are tired of the same thing year after year, want something different.
      I was really impressed. We will be back again tonight. If my son does not make the ecnl team I still think they can put together a really strong second team.

Comment

I was really impressed. We will be back again tonight. If my son does not make the ecnl team I still think they can put together a really strong second team.
        Looks club will have 2/3 teams per age categories, you have to really showcase yourself, no politics, some being dropped from 1st current teams, and some being placed where they should be.

Def will be back today, as decisions being made as well, not giving run arounds like other clubs come all tryouts and continue coming for weeks to come to we make decisions. Making decisions and placements and giving you the option yes or no.

Wish more clubs were more direct and not waste parent times.

Comment

Looks club will have 2/3 teams per age categories, you have to really showcase yourself, no politics, some being dropped from 1st current teams, and some being placed where they should be.

Def will be back today, as decisions being made as well, not giving run arounds like other clubs come all tryouts and continue coming for weeks to come to we make decisions. Making decisions and placements and giving you the option yes or no.

Wish more clubs were more direct and not waste parent times.
          Well said. I hope they actually live up to it.

Comment

We've been with Weston for a number of years, and the DA is really a joke. Yes, there are good players, but DA is supposed to be for the BEST players. Instead, a coach gets "his team" together and hold on to them. A good player like my son can't even get a sniff - even though he is better - just because the coach isn't looking for new, better players.

They are having tryouts in May and aren't even trying to ID players in their own club! All politics and money. Play the best, instead of playing politics!

We went to the ECNL tryouts, and I hope that ECNL is the equivalent of DA without the politics.

Comment

We've been with Weston for a number of years, and the DA is really a joke. Yes, there are good players, but DA is supposed to be for the BEST players. Instead, a coach gets "his team" together and hold on to them. A good player like my son can't even get a sniff - even though he is better - just because the coach isn't looking for new, better players.

They are having tryouts in May and aren't even trying to ID players in their own club! All politics and money. Play the best, instead of playing politics!

We went to the ECNL tryouts, and I hope that ECNL is the equivalent of DA without the politics.
              Something different, South Florida needs a change. Son been DA for two years, one in Weston and the other in Kendall, what has he learned, nothing, yes better players but doesn't mean better training.

Too many politics and yet this year since in Weston, cant attend ID Camp, which most will take his spot and others as makes sense better ones to fill the void.

DA is not for the best of the best, i see even in non DA events and tournaments very good players, some already gone to DA and just left disappointed, politics in place then fielding the best.

more clubs should have 2-3 max days of tryouts and make a decision not the run around and if in one day they did better than you thought an offer made and thats it... Not come this day and that day and if you don't then lose spot, an offer should be made and thats it, next, the proper way to no one wastes time. More Transparency, but obviously if they don't come all days then will not have spot, if you want to field the best players and team, why hold on to something....

Comment

So far so good for first day, will be back. Like what we saw and different than used to seeing.

Comment

I don't know who your kid is, but i would suggest a polite, respectful conversation with your coach about your kids strengths and weaknesses. you may be surprised that your kid has significant weaknesses. they all do, and perhaps those weaknesses are holding him back. further, your kid if he is young, needs playing time. he may be good enough for DA, but it may not be right for his development, as the playing time will be not appropriate for your son's age. it is better to play state cup and all these non-DA tournaments, with significant playing time, than ride the bench on the DA team.

Comment

I don't know who your kid is, but i would suggest a polite, respectful conversation with your coach about your kids strengths and weaknesses. you may be surprised that your kid has significant weaknesses. they all do, and perhaps those weaknesses are holding him back. further, your kid if he is young, needs playing time. he may be good enough for DA, but it may not be right for his development, as the playing time will be not appropriate for your son's age. it is better to play state cup and all these non-DA tournaments, with significant playing time, than ride the bench on the DA team.
                    Oh, we've had very open conversations. The issue is that my son is so good that his current coach doesn't want to lose him by promoting him! He has said so, and so have the parents. So, instead of recommending him for the DA or Academy Reserve, he totes him along from year to year.

The Weston DA relies on the lower level coaches to recommend kids. But the lower level coaches don't want to lose their best players because they want to win and look good. So they "hide" the better players for selfish reasons.

Weston has become so big that the left hand doesn't even know what the right hand is doing.

Comment

Agree, before U12 players should be playing more than riding the bench and if team has smaller bench even better, more playing time, before big ages.

Comment

Oh, we've had very open conversations. The issue is that my son is so good that his current coach doesn't want to lose him by promoting him! He has said so, and so have the parents. So, instead of recommending him for the DA or Academy Reserve, he totes him along from year to year.

The Weston DA relies on the lower level coaches to recommend kids. But the lower level coaches don't want to lose their best players because they want to win and look good. So they "hide" the better players for selfish reasons.

Weston has become so big that the left hand doesn't even know what the right hand is doing.
                        If coaches don't perform they will be booted to a lower team, BLUE.....Therefore some are just trying to collect our check no wrong in that...

Plus DA coaches meaning u13 and above only look at ID camps rather than in house, everyone knows this information by now, its not a surprise to anyone.

PA just a marketing tool to attract those players. No real development.

Comment

If coaches don't perform they will be booted to a lower team, BLUE.....Therefore some are just trying to collect our check no wrong in that...

Plus DA coaches meaning u13 and above only look at ID camps rather than in house, everyone knows this information by now, its not a surprise to anyone.

Second day of tryouts. Coming.

Comment

Sadly this is true. If you don't make the DA then you're better off at another club and then trying out next year. If you fall for their trap and sign up for a lower team you will never get a chance again at DA.

Comment

How are these tryouts going? Your son get selected?

Comment

How are these tryouts going? Your son get selected?
                                Selections are being made per age groups especially ECNL... Good numbers and good coaches, brought more additional coaches with more qualifications, so yes good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X