Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay to Play

The USA is leaving so many talented kids behind because of pay to play soccer.
    It has recently come to my attention of the outlandish salaries one youth soccer club in NEW JERSEY pays its coaches.
    This club operates behind a hidden vail of a non profit organization.
    This club is abusing and hiding behind their status of a 501c3.
    US soccer should investigate this club and report their findings to the IRS.
    Maybe if US Soccer makes en example of them and reports the abuse to the IRS,soccer in general in this country would be put on equal footing and not be a game of the wealthy.
    I will be sending this to US soccer and writing an OPED on this in the coming weeks.

I have a better solution:

Start a club
    Don't pay yourself any salary for all your time and effort
    Instead, take all that money and use it for those who can't afford it

Comment

Its one thing for a coach to paid for their time and effort but a complete other thing for a coach to make six figures while parents struggle to pay for these clubs and their gimmicks!
      Dont think anyone is saying dont pay coaches but maybe dont pay coaches these obsurd sums. And if you do pay coaches these sums please dont be classified as a nonprofit organization that promotes soccer. Its complete BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Its one thing for a coach to paid for their time and effort but a complete other thing for a coach to make six figures while parents struggle to pay for these clubs and their gimmicks!
        Dont think anyone is saying dont pay coaches but maybe dont pay coaches these obsurd sums. And if you do pay coaches these sums please dont be classified as a nonprofit organization that promotes soccer. Its complete BS.
        100% If you do some basic math on all of this, @ $3000 a player, if a a "coach" at said club is making $120K a year, it takes 40 kids to fund that person. Now go and look up how many of those "coaches" are making 120K (or more) and you can figure out why #1 the rosters are so large, and #2 why it isn't about the number of QUALITY teams but instead just about the number of teams they can field. This is an obvious statement but when you put math to it it makes it more aggravating, or angering.

Comment

Again. Go put a competing product out there and see if you can do better.

I admire your spunk, son. Go get 'em.

Comment

May not do better, but will reap in the rewards $$$$ it seems. All you need is a field, a coach (even not very good) and they will come. It's that insane out there in youth sports. Youth club sports are the drug of middle class and upper class America. And the clubs are reaping in the benefits. cha ching.

Comment

If your defending Matchfit's business practices then you are either one of them or just a fool

Comment

If your defending Matchfit's business practices then you are either one of them or just a fool
                I'm not defending anyone.

I think you're onto something and I want you to better. I think we all agree we pay too much, so your idea has tremendous merit and I'm all for it.

Just post the links and I'm first in line to sign up.

Thank you so much for doing this! You rock!!

Comment

I'm not defending anyone.

I think you're onto something and I want you to better. I think we all agree we pay too much, so your idea has tremendous merit and I'm all for it.

Just post the links and I'm first in line to sign up.

Thank you so much for doing this! You rock!!
                  This is so passive aggressive because let's keep it simple - this is not about the OP talking about alternatives and such, this is about calling them (insert club name) to the carpet...plain and simple. Going and redirecting this into "yes I support you go and put something better together" is kinda slapping that person's post in the face b/c "support" for the post would be "I'd love to help with that as well" vs "I'd love to help by supporting what you think is a smarter way to do things..wink wink"... it isn't about that

Comment

This is so passive aggressive because let's keep it simple - this is not about the OP talking about alternatives and such, this is about calling them (insert club name) to the carpet...plain and simple. Going and redirecting this into "yes I support you go and put something better together" is kinda slapping that person's post in the face b/c "support" for the post would be "I'd love to help with that as well" vs "I'd love to help by supporting what you think is a smarter way to do things..wink wink"... it isn't about that
                    Not sure what you are getting at. I tell me employees the door is always open, but if you are pushing for something, be passionate enough to come to the table with a solution. Because, if not, you're just farting into the wind.

The OP clearly has a legitimate beef. I assume he is aware of all the hidden costs it takes to run a club and the time/effort involved. He sounds like they did some research, and is going to write an Op-Ed on it. I applaud it, and am 100% behind putting all that effort into good use. I surely hope they aren't all this upset, and will only just whine about it.

Be the advocate for change. If not, you are just supporting more of the same.

Send me a link, I want in!

Comment

I think that the posts against Matchfit and STA on multiple threads is their management team working overtime trying to get parents to be turned off to one program to go to the other. All I see are immature idiots fighting with each other. I would avoid both programs if at all possible. So stupid

Comment

I think that the posts against Matchfit and STA on multiple threads is their management team working overtime trying to get parents to be turned off to one program to go to the other. All I see are immature idiots fighting with each other. I would avoid both programs if at all possible. So stupid
                        Thank you for your contribution, Cedar Stars Management

Comment

LOL. I have no doubt Bucci is on here posting. STA on the other hand has way more teams to focus on and don't have tome to play kid games

Comment

Pay To Play at it best
                            Match Fit should be ashamed for charging what they do to play soccer and paying these salaries !

(1) JOHN CALCATERRA........................................ ..............................
                            DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS / PRESIDENT
                            10.00 hrs
                            $63,999 0 0
                            (2) MALCOLM MURPHY............................................ ..........................
                            TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/DIRECTOR OF COACHING
                            10.00hrs
                            X $154,431 0 0
                            (3) CATHY BELGIOVENE........................................ ..............................
                            TREASURER
                            20.00hrs
                            X X $18,000 0 0
                            (4) CHRIS LEAHEY............................................ ..........................
                            EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
                            20.00hrs
                            X $104,619 0 0
                            (5) DOMINICK BUCCI............................................. .........................
                            DIRECTOR OF COACHING
                            40.00hrs
                            X $126,231 0 0

Comment

Match Fit is the poster child for Pay to Play.
                              Look at there tax return. That’s some high payed soccer coaches!

https://projects.propublica.org/nonp...9300102/IRS990

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X