College Coaches (Div 1) @ ECNL VS DA Girls Showcases 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was my Post to your original "Lol" tutorial on recruiting and actions of interested coaches
    "So don't go. We're dumb, you win.

In the meantime, I had a great time. Phoenix weather was perfect and those same local coaches, who have coming to regular season games, and local friendlies, came to our games halfway across the country to check on their commits/recruits and cast a few more lines into their favorite fishing hole."

This was your reply
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a fool. Go ahead and plan your vacation around some dumb soccer tournament if you want. The naive here will follow you but the smart ones know how the recruiting game is actually played an save their money for what really makes a difference— additional training — and save their travel money for something really memorable.
    I opened with "you win", but you call me fool. I said I "had a great time", but I worked on Thurs and Friday while in Phoenix, and went from a redeye directly to work on Monday. You chose infer that it was my "Vacation". Youth soccer has become a big industry, and I agree travel costs force families to make budget trade offs. We all make informed choices. I chose to make the best of it, you are free to chose another path. But based on your posts, are you happy with that path? How can I help?

Comment

Travel money is wasted. Please find me another place that invests so much of their youth soccer development resources in plane tickets and hotels. Good luck. You wont find one because it is stupid and does not benefit the development of the players.
      For a person that claims to know how the, “recruiting game is actually played,” you sure do complain a lot about money.

I have one child playing in college that has us well into the black in terms of soccer money spent.

My other child is currently in process and will make things official next November. At that point, all in, we will have earned almost 100% (and growing each semester) on our soccer investment.

Child 1 is at a school we had the opportunity to tour on one of those far away tournament weekends. Some people prefer to spread their wings, while others need to stay local.

Comment

For a person that claims to know how the, “recruiting game is actually played,” you sure do complain a lot about money.

I have one child playing in college that has us well into the black in terms of soccer money spent.

My other child is currently in process and will make things official next November. At that point, all in, we will have earned almost 100% (and growing each semester) on our soccer investment.

Child 1 is at a school we had the opportunity to tour on one of those far away tournament weekends. Some people prefer to spread their wings, while others need to stay local.
        Spoken like the usual youth soccer arrogant bore. This worked for my kid so everyone else can f off.

Comment

Spoken like the usual youth soccer arrogant bore. This worked for my kid so everyone else can f off.
          Spoken like a true whiner. Doesn't work for me so everyone else has to follow to accommodate me.

Comment

That can happen when you aim low.

Comment

I mean, duh. That's the mindset everyone, including yourself (though today you feel like trolling) everyone has. I don't care what another family is doing because I don't know their circumstances. I care about how to elevate my child. Stop trying to keep up with the Jones' buddy.

Comment

Spoken like a true whiner. Doesn't work for me so everyone else has to follow to accommodate me.
                It works for me but i am not a fool and I see that these kids are big fish in a small pond. Wake up.

Comment

That can happen when you aim low.
                  It’s what happens when you actually know how recruiting works. Keep paying for that extra training. Coaches are like strippers, all smiles and hugs until you stop paying them.

Comment

It works for me but i am not a fool and I see that these kids are big fish in a small pond. Wake up.
                    Right. So, what works for you should work for all.

Can you give me a rundown of everything else you feel strongly about so I can get better aligned? It seems like it's quite important to you.

Looking for a cordless nail gun as I'm sick of dealing with compressors and hoses. Hitachi or Bostitch?

Will be in the market for a new phone come July. Stay with an iPhone or go with a Samsung?

New car next year. I typically buy Hondas or Mazdas, but am willing to listen to other options. Please provide, in detail but less than 100 words, what I should buy.

Next, skis. I telemark but my knees are getting a bit rundown. Was eyeing a new AT setup. Thoughts here?

Comment

Right. So, what works for you should work for all.

Can you give me a rundown of everything else you feel strongly about so I can get better aligned? It seems like it's quite important to you.

Looking for a cordless nail gun as I'm sick of dealing with compressors and hoses. Hitachi or Bostitch?

Will be in the market for a new phone come July. Stay with an iPhone or go with a Samsung?

New car next year. I typically buy Hondas or Mazdas, but am willing to listen to other options. Please provide, in detail but less than 100 words, what I should buy.

Next, skis. I telemark but my knees are getting a bit rundown. Was eyeing a new AT setup. Thoughts here?
                      Settle down. I would prefer if the players, including mine, could prove themselves in a dominant, strong, not so exclusionary, league where talent could be consolidated. If you prefer the current circus, that is your right.

Comment

Big fish; small pond, really?

Comment

Settle down. I would prefer if the players, including mine, could prove themselves in a dominant, strong, not so exclusionary, league where talent could be consolidated. If you prefer the current circus, that is your right.
                          I agree, but egos prevent that. So, like you, we do what we feel is best based on our individual circumstance. I don't cast stones on anyone who chooses differently.

I'm not the one calling others who choose a different path "fools" because they don't follow the same path as I.

Hitachi or Bostich?

iPhone or Samsung?

Mazda, Honda, or other?

Stick with Tele or try the AT bindings?

Toilet paper roll from the inside or from the out?

Beatles or the Stones?

Comment

I agree, but egos prevent that. So, like you, we do what we feel is best based on our individual circumstance. I don't cast stones on anyone who chooses differently.

I'm not the one calling others who choose a different path "fools" because they don't follow the same path as I.

Hitachi or Bostich?

iPhone or Samsung?

Mazda, Honda, or other?

Stick with Tele or try the AT bindings?

Toilet paper roll from the inside or from the out?

Beatles or the Stones?
                            I dont cast any stones at a family's choice. I throw rocks at the current crappy system. Nothing against any player at all. I dont defend any of the current choices because IMO they are not well defensible, including the one I pay for..

Comment

I dont cast any stones at a family's choice. I throw rocks at the current crappy system. Nothing against any player at all. I dont defend any of the current choices because IMO they are not well defensible, including the one I pay for..
                              So, are those who are not following your path "Fools" as was stated previously?

If not, then you jumped into a back-and-forth which doesn't align.

If so, then...what gives? Tell me the difference between calling a family "fools" and "casting stones"?

Comment

Ummmmmm?

What a fool. Go ahead and plan your vacation around some dumb soccer tournament if you want. The naive here will follow you but the smart ones know how the recruiting game is actually played an save their money for what really makes a difference— additional training — and save their travel money for something really memorable.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X