Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Again. If she or great or terrible is beside the point. If she tries to sell my kids on products, I am pushing back. Nothing to do with her soccer ability, whatever it is.
    Ok, tough guy. Do you honestly think “she” is the one trying to sell your kid something? Whether you understand it or not, every company in America is trying to sell you, your kid, and every breathing human being on the planet a product. Unless you’ve kept your kid locked in a closet her whole life, I’m sure you’ve gotten her a toy, cereal, bike, clothes, etc. that they saw on TV. Did you push back on that?

Comment

You armchair quarterbacks on this site are hilarious.

She’s 13 years old, and scored 9 goals in 15 games this year playing against girls 3 years older than her(U17) in the region(SoCal) that has the highest concentration of talent the entire country. And you fools are here criticizing her IQ and talent. Shaking my head at that. What have you or your kids accomplished in your soccer careers that can touch that?
      http://tfba.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...layer=79260207
      My kid plays up with and against U18's all the time and she is a U15. She scores goals and gets assists. Big deal. Guess what: we aren't wealthy, taking trips to train with European clubs or installing a turf field in our back yard. As to my kid's soccer accomplishments, we're not in the business of exploiting our kids in the media and online so go suck it. I'll try and remember to come post here when she commits to a D1 program though.

The kid is an early developer physically. She is talented technically. Her soccer IQ is meh given the hype, but she is young. Given you know here stats pretty well, I'm guessing you're the Dad... or a dirty stalker. Another reason not to have your kid posted all over the internet.

Comment

Thought ECNL was the place to be in SoCal
        Only if it fits the narrative

Comment

My kid plays up with and against U18's all the time and she is a U15. She scores goals and gets assists. Big deal. Guess what: we aren't wealthy, taking trips to train with European clubs or installing a turf field in our back yard. As to my kid's soccer accomplishments, we're not in the business of exploiting our kids in the media and online so go suck it. I'll try and remember to come post here when she commits to a D1 program though.

The kid is an early developer physically. She is talented technically. Her soccer IQ is meh given the hype, but she is young. Given you know here stats pretty well, I'm guessing you're the Dad... or a dirty stalker. Another reason not to have your kid posted all over the internet.
          True story... LOL

Comment

Thought ECNL was the place to be in SoCal
            That's NoCal. ECNL held strong there. SoCal is the best GDA division bar none. But even that divison has lost clubs

Comment

Ok, tough guy. Do you honestly think “she” is the one trying to sell your kid something? Whether you understand it or not, every company in America is trying to sell you, your kid, and every breathing human being on the planet a product. Unless you’ve kept your kid locked in a closet her whole life, I’m sure you’ve gotten her a toy, cereal, bike, clothes, etc. that they saw on TV. Did you push back on that?
              She is participating in the sales pitch

Comment

Yes, I do. Nothing tough about it. Just regular old parenting. Go ahead and load up on OM Nike gear if you want to. I don't care. I teach mine to watch out. You can teach yours to buy away. Up to you.

Comment

True story... LOL
                  Yup. Back in the day, we used to have this saying: "You don't have to lie to kick it". The father-of-the-make-believe-U15-New-England-soccer-prodigy-who-is-destroying-U18-kids-at-tender-age-of-14 never got that message. Hilarious.

Comment

Yup. Back in the day, we used to have this saying: "You don't have to lie to kick it". The father-of-the-make-believe-U15-New-England-soccer-prodigy-who-is-destroying-U18-kids-at-tender-age-of-14 never got that message. Hilarious.
                    I’m sure he would turn his nose up if offered even one of OM’s many accomplishments:

A full scholarship to UNC - no thanks, my U-15 phenom wants to attend other D1’s
                    6 figure deal with Nike - no thanks, too busy working on her college essay
                    Portland Thorns DA - no thanks, my U-15 prefers her NPL team
                    Playing friendlies against USWNT - no thanks, too busy scrimmaging our club’s U-18 team

Comment

No one is discounting her accomplishments. What people are questions are

1) at what cost? She doesn't have a normal life, gave up a free ride to UNC (or really any school she wanted), clearly her parents push her HARD, now she's moving to play with a very weak GDA club, and a pro path for women is a joke. Yes Nike paid her some money but long term if she doesn't generate interest/money for them that will end.

2) Where is it going? She's still very young and hasn't even gone through puberty yet, a process which isn't always kind to many girls. If she starts to plateau or get passed by peers will she have the emotional wherewithal to push through those challenges.

She could turn into a success story or another child prodigy head case story.

Comment

No one is discounting her accomplishments. What people are questions are

1) at what cost? She doesn't have a normal life, gave up a free ride to UNC (or really any school she wanted), clearly her parents push her HARD, now she's moving to play with a very weak GDA club, and a pro path for women is a joke. Yes Nike paid her some money but long term if she doesn't generate interest/money for them that will end.

2) Where is it going? She's still very young and hasn't even gone through puberty yet, a process which isn't always kind to many girls. If she starts to plateau or get passed by peers will she have the emotional wherewithal to push through those challenges.

She could turn into a success story or another child prodigy head case story.
                        I really don't understand why the parents didn't just post an open question on this site to find out what the actual best thing to do for their daughter was.

Comment

I really don't understand why the parents didn't just post an open question on this site to find out what the actual best thing to do for their daughter was.
                          It may be the best most amazing thing for her and it would be so destructive for mine so I would prefer mine not follow or emulate this. I have no problem at all with this child doing this but please don't try to attract my young teen.

I dont like the dance mom girls pushing product or the cereal kids pushing product or any one else pushing products at children. have at it at adults. that is a fair fight. leave the kids out of it.

Comment

I never said she was a prodigy. I said she regularly plays up against U18's and is productive on the field. Most impact players should be able to do that. If you play and start on a decent HS Varsity soccer team as a freshmen, which my kid did, you should be able to do that. Nothing "mythical" about it. Other posters decided to project that BS.

If you're happy where your kid is developmentally, great. If you think that badge on your kid's jersey is the key to playing in college and getting a scholarship, I have some FL real estate to sell you. College teams are not broken down by birth year. If you aren't regularly playing up against older players, I would question a player's readiness and ability to play in college.

Comment

There's hundreds of years of examples where this "stage parent" situation doesn't turn out well for the child. The cases where it works out are few and far between. Most times it's not under the added scrutiny of social media; just everyday parents who push their kids too far.

Comment

I never said she was a prodigy. I said she regularly plays up against U18's and is productive on the field. Most impact players should be able to do that. If you play and start on a decent HS Varsity soccer team as a freshmen, which my kid did, you should be able to do that. Nothing "mythical" about it. Other posters decided to project that BS.

If you're happy where your kid is developmentally, great. If you think that badge on your kid's jersey is the key to playing in college and getting a scholarship, I have some FL real estate to sell you. College teams are not broken down by birth year. If you aren't regularly playing up against older players, I would question a player's readiness and ability to play in college.
                                Starting as a freshman on a high school team is very different from starting as a 15 year old on a top u18 club team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X