Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'll use this as an example. We have Enterprise sales reps, and we have SMB sales reps. The Enterprise sales reps typically bring in 10x the MRC as an SMB. They also make about 3X as much.

Both sell, so they both "do the same job". One bring is much more revenue, and is compensated accordingly.
    Do they both sell to the same group? Is the Enterprise sales rep in a better location, gets better cars, has better support? It's easier to sell in an environment that has more support from the company.

Comment

no one is making the case that NWSL salaries should equal MLS. You are still seem to be arguing one side of the case as opposed to appreciating what THEY will argue.

The both work for USSF. they both play games. They want to be paid the same for doing that job. Thats it. If they have a friendly and play in front of 50k then why should they earn less than the men who play in front of 50k ?

Forget TV revenues. The deal is bundled under the crest so you cannot seperate it.

Forget WC or Olympic bonus from FIFA or CONCACAF or OLY, thats not being debated here. If the USSF give a bonus to the team for winning, then the women will say it should be the same as the job is the same.

Thats the case.
      Yes that is the case they will make. Whether or not it stands up in court is another matter. The women are definitely winning in the court of public opinion. USSF doesn't want anything negative going into the WC, so do they quietly settle, or just hope the case or any hearings get pushed back to next fall?

Comment

Do they both sell to the same group? Is the Enterprise sales rep in a better location, gets better cars, has better support? It's easier to sell in an environment that has more support from the company.
        i was about to post similar - if I have two sales people, one sales widgets in a very challenging market but he's the best widget salesperson there is. We don't sell as many widgets but they make more money for me - something which also is out of his control. The other guy sells gizmoids which practically sell themselves and the guy doesn't have to work nearly as hard. He has higher $ sales but less profit for me, again COGS out of his hands. Do they get the same base salary? Same bonus?

Comment

Same location, no cars, different post-sale support. Much harder to make a sale in an Enterprise model, much more competition. Similar to the Men's game, competing against high-visibility, high-revenue sports, and draws accordingly. Women's game competes against similar low-visibility, low-revenue sports, and draws accordingly.

A small-business sales rep can knock the socks off their quota, but they will never be able to compete in an Enterprise arena. The women's game, and I do say this with regret, won't be able to consistently compete for the dollars needed to be sustainable.

Think of it this way. If there were no MNT, no MLS, no men's team at all, the women would still win, but they won't make anymore. The men are more likely to stand on their own than the women.

And, to be clear, I am a fan of the women's game. Just economic realities at play.

Comment

Fifa gives 9 million dollar bonus to mens WC teams, only 2 million for womens WC teams.
            correct. that is not the case being made. those talking about revenue are off base. The WNT bare going to argue that they generate as much revenue as the men do for the USSF and would generate more if given the same opportunities.

This is a USSF issue, not a global soccer revenue issue or an NWSL issue

Comment

correct. that is not the case being made. those talking about revenue are off base. The WNT bare going to argue that they generate as much revenue as the men do for the USSF and would generate more if given the same opportunities.

This is a USSF issue, not a global soccer revenue issue or an NWSL issue
              The men generate more revenue per game by far. So same opportunity to same opportunity, men draw in far more money.

The only times the women have matched or exceeded the men in revenue is when either the men failed to make the world cup and didn't win that bonus or when the women chose to play far more games such as going on the shebelieves tour.

That all being said I think that the women are making a mistake here. They get a guaranteed salary, get their club salaries paid, have paid leave for injury and pregnancy and other benefits. The men are entirely pay for play. They only get paid for games played, have no job security, no benefits, etc. Sure, the regulars that make every game make more money but when they get injured or don't get called up, they don't get paid a penny.

Comment

The men generate more revenue per game by far. So same opportunity to same opportunity, men draw in far more money.

The only times the women have matched or exceeded the men in revenue is when either the men failed to make the world cup and didn't win that bonus or when the women chose to play far more games such as going on the shebelieves tour.

That all being said I think that the women are making a mistake here. They get a guaranteed salary, get their club salaries paid, have paid leave for injury and pregnancy and other benefits. The men are entirely pay for play. They only get paid for games played, have no job security, no benefits, etc. Sure, the regulars that make every game make more money but when they get injured or don't get called up, they don't get paid a penny.
                Are the guys covered by their clubs for benefits? That could be the difference. NWSL doesn't do that; MLS or international clubs probably do. It's all screwed up.
                Didn't see a LUNA/Cliff bar poster during the recent broadcast. They should be all over the place.

Comment

Good game USWNT vs. Belgium. Carly Lloyd had a nice showing. Good to see her back in the lineup even though it was Belgium. Nice honoring of the '99ers. Well done.

Comment

Stop televising women's soccer and see how many complaints you get. No one cares. they should be greatfull for any coin they get now. Probably overpaid when it come down to it.

Comment

Women signed a labor contract in 2017 to run through 2021.

Does equal pay for equal work apply to entirely different contract structures?

I realize equal pay works in court of public opinion, but half was through contract, do the women have a legal basis to complain?

Comment

Women signed a labor contract in 2017 to run through 2021.

Does equal pay for equal work apply to entirely different contract structures?

I realize equal pay works in court of public opinion, but half was through contract, do the women have a legal basis to complain?
                        People can always complain and there's always lawyers who will take cases. Whether or not it holds up in court is another matter.

Comment

People can always complain and there's always lawyers who will take cases. Whether or not it holds up in court is another matter.
                          Even if you agree to something and it's not legal, isn't not enforceable.

Comment

Stop televising women's soccer and see how many complaints you get. No one cares. they should be greatfull for any coin they get now. Probably overpaid when it come down to it.
                            I disagree about your speaking on behalf of everyone. I and my family watches and if they are local, we attend. We even attend/attended NWSL games. So, we support the teams.

I guess you won't be tuning in for the upcoming world cup? I know many that will be. Go ahead, watch your ultimate Frisbee instead.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X