Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused on nescac recruiting timeline

If your child's top choice is a nescac d3, at what point in the process can you tell if they have any interest? I'd hate for her to turn down other opportunities at the d2 level and then have the nescac school uninterested. With the nescacs is there any way to tell if they have interest by late sophomore or early junior year?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If your child's top choice is a nescac d3, at what point in the process can you tell if they have any interest? I'd hate for her to turn down other opportunities at the d2 level and then have the nescac school uninterested. With the nescacs is there any way to tell if they have interest by late sophomore or early junior year?
    If you are interested in NESCACs you wouldn't be interested in D2s. Totally different realms.

Comment

If you are interested in NESCACs you wouldn't be interested in D2s. Totally different realms.
      My child is interested in particular schools that fall in both categories, as are others on her team.

Comment

My child is interested in particular schools that fall in both categories, as are others on her team.
        I agree with the previous poster. This is very unusual. NESCACs are so different than every D2 that it just seems odd. It is like saying I want to either go to medical school or get a masters in Renaissance Art History.

Comment

I agree with the previous poster. This is very unusual. NESCACs are so different than every D2 that it just seems odd. It is like saying I want to either go to medical school or get a masters in Renaissance Art History.
          How exactly are they different? My child wants a science major and smaller liberal arts campus. There are d2 schools and nescacs that offer this so they made her list. We have more schools to see and coaches to contact. My question about recruiting overlap stands though. Surely someone has had both on their list and been through this.

Comment

How exactly are they different? My child wants a science major and smaller liberal arts campus. There are d2 schools and nescacs that offer this so they made her list. We have more schools to see and coaches to contact. My question about recruiting overlap stands though. Surely someone has had both on their list and been through this.
            Mine does - but we re even earlier in the process. It makes sense to me. The academic program is how you created the list and the soccer is what it is.

Comment

If you have a student who is truly a candidate for a NESCAC school then why would they even consider a D2 school? The difference is the quality of the education and thus the competitiveness for admission. A D2 is such a step down from NESCAC.

Comment

Sorry, but you and your fellow parents who you say are strong NESCAC candidates also seriously considering D2 are really out to lunch. Shows you are very misguided.

Comment

Exactly....and you're being generous.

Comment

Sorry, but you and your fellow parents who you say are strong NESCAC candidates also seriously considering D2 are really out to lunch. Shows you are very misguided.
                    Just because my child can get into a nescac doesn't mean I can pay for it. We are early enough in the process to be looking at all options.

Comment

I agree with everything others have said here. I know several who are going to NESCAC schools and they recruit much later and of course offer no money. They were more along the timeline of early admissions so early senior year.

Comment

In what way? academically or soccer wise? what do you mean? My daughter has a variety of schools on her list - they vary in terms of academics and in terms of soccer but they fit enough boxes to be on the list. Did you child have no variety on their list of potential schools?

Comment

In what way? academically or soccer wise? what do you mean? My daughter has a variety of schools on her list - they vary in terms of academics and in terms of soccer but they fit enough boxes to be on the list. Did you child have no variety on their list of potential schools?
                          No, top three schools were very similar.

Academically, yes NESCAC schools are far and above D2 schools. Soccer? Depends. Some D2 are better but some aren’t and NESCAC has much better soccer than other D3.

What’s your timeline? I do know a 2020 who has sites on a NESCAC and turned down interest from some local D1s. Family is very wealthy and she is a top notch student at a private school so she’s going to go where she wants and play soccer there. That’s typical of the NESCAC kids I know - family is well off and student ranks way above average.

Comment

You will almost never see St Rose or Franklin Pierce or insert your favorite D2 on a kid's list that legitimately has Middlebury, Bowdoin, Wesleyan and/or Colby. D2s tend to be more pre-professional (paralegal, nursing, PT, OT, etc).

Comment

I don't see a huge difference between the ranking of Trinity and the ranking of a school like St. Anselm. Trinity is higher, sure. But the St. A's kid will be fine too.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X