Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happened to the Iona Womens Coach Brady?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any info, just looking at the stats for the last game and i see her name removed from the Iona site and now have an interim coach, anyone know whats up?

Sooooo glad my daughter turned her down. She was on the fence because they weren't a good team, but what convinced her to pick another school was watching her coach. She would tolerate players screaming at her and instead of sitting them, she would put them back in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Sooooo glad my daughter turned her down. She was on the fence because they weren't a good team, but what convinced her to pick another school was watching her coach. She would tolerate players screaming at her and instead of sitting them, she would put them back in the game.
      Weird lady she is, the program stunk. You’d think because of it’s location and D1 status they would be recruiting a lot and doing way much better.

When a coach goes MIA mid season like this you gotta wonder what happens to the 2019 commits.

Comment

Weird lady she is, the program stunk. You’d think because of it’s location and D1 status they would be recruiting a lot and doing way much better.

When a coach goes MIA mid season like this you gotta wonder what happens to the 2019 commits.
        A lot of her players complained about her.

Comment

Interim Coach Is a good and honorable man who has been around the women's game for a long time. I wish him a great deal of success.

Comment

What happened did she quit or fired and for what?
            Must be something bad if it’s in season , am I Right ?

Comment

What happened did she quit or fired and for what?
              Must be something bad if it’s in season , am I Right ?
              Can’t be good, either way

Comment

Can’t be good, either way
                Coach’s quit mid season if frustrated of the admin or the team, the team would be her own doing as she is the one that recruited that bunch. Admin wouldn’t force her out mid season unless she did something bad.

Maybe she had immigration issues.

Comment

Coach’s quit mid season if frustrated of the admin or the team, the team would be her own doing as she is the one that recruited that bunch. Admin wouldn’t force her out mid season unless she did something bad.

Maybe she had immigration issues.
                  I would reach out to interim coach to see where school stands on current commits.
                  Will the school honor prior coaches deals? Do they even have a records of commits ? Best recommendation is to have a backup plan available for your child's future in the event things go sideways.

Comment

I would reach out to interim coach to see where school stands on current commits.
                    Will the school honor prior coaches deals? Do they even have a records of commits ? Best recommendation is to have a backup plan available for your child's future in the event things go sideways.
                    Any word?

Comment

Any word?
                      She quit. The team and her did not get along. She is done as a college soccer coach

Comment

She quit. The team and her did not get along. She is done as a college soccer coach
                        I have no clue of the details, however looking back as a college athlete and the issues I had with my coach as well as some of my team mates...looking back now that I'm in my 40s with wife, kids family, kids coach, etc. I was a dumb kid in my early 20s....I did not have to like or get along with my coach....his job was to say, and my job was to do...without question...like Mr. Myagee.

Hopefully this issue works out for all involved...however I see a trend in our society that our kids/people need to constantly be pampered and wet-nursed. Everyone is so sensitive with pathetic feelings that just makes me sick.

Comment

I have no clue of the details, however looking back as a college athlete and the issues I had with my coach as well as some of my team mates...looking back now that I'm in my 40s with wife, kids family, kids coach, etc. I was a dumb kid in my early 20s....I did not have to like or get along with my coach....his job was to say, and my job was to do...without question...like Mr. Myagee.

Hopefully this issue works out for all involved...however I see a trend in our society that our kids/people need to constantly be pampered and wet-nursed. Everyone is so sensitive with pathetic feelings that just makes me sick.
                          While I agree with the sentiment, sometimes a coach is just awful. In life you will have professors, bosses, relatives that drive you nuts and you have to figure out have to deal with it, or change the situation. I can't say if that's the case here, but there are times when coaches need to find a new career path.

Comment

One of the biggest drawbacks of early recruiting is the increased possibility the coach will leave. Most coaches will honor next fall's commits because they know kids don't have many options at this point. But what if the new coach doesn't like you, or you don't like them? You could get cut the next year. This is why 1) always love the school and if you get to play soccer and like it you're a lottery winner 2) never burn bridges. Sometimes you can call your #2 option and they still might be interested (probably no money left but it's worth a phone call).

Comment

One of the biggest drawbacks of early recruiting is the increased possibility the coach will leave. Most coaches will honor next fall's commits because they know kids don't have many options at this point. But what if the new coach doesn't like you, or you don't like them? You could get cut the next year. This is why 1) always love the school and if you get to play soccer and like it you're a lottery winner 2) never burn bridges. Sometimes you can call your #2 option and they still might be interested (probably no money left but it's worth a phone call).
                              Confirmed. No money left. They didn't have much to start and what little they have is committed. Interim coach told me that they have no budget to attend showcases so do all their recruiting at high schools in NY and Long Island. D1 in name only. Many D3 schools have more resources.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X