• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Next he'll say you're posting from your mom's basement
    replying to your own comment. pathetic

Comment

I think that NYCFC 03 will go 2-1 in GDA National Playoffs, losing to the eventual National champ Solar TX, 3-0, which with all things considered for the team, was a pretty damn good season. Enjoy folks!!!

Comment

I think that NYCFC 03 will go 2-1 in GDA National Playoffs, losing to the eventual National champ Solar TX, 3-0, which with all things considered for the team, was a pretty damn good season. Enjoy folks!!!
        https://www.nycfc.com/daplayoffs

Comment

team with no Chemistry that has already broken up. if they face any adversity they will crumble.

Comment

team with no Chemistry that has already broken up. if they face any adversity they will crumble.
            Thanks for participating, was timing the negative responses for Grad school...

Comment

Personally, I think everyone is a winner, and ALLLLLLL teams participating out there are special.
              From a develpemental (not soccer-wise) perspective, going to California and representing your club, NYCFC, is enough for most, and sure as ****t to me....

Comment

As one of the families that will be leaving NYCFC, I have to say that my daughter achieved everything she wanted with this group. Kaz and Fredy were a great influence on her, and she is the better for it. True, that some other families were not as pleased, so? All I care about is my kid, and the happiness that making the right choices bring. Are we lucky, sure, as with all matters in life, luck is always a factor, but my kid worked her ass off for her scholarship, and that is all that matters.

Comment

As one of the families that will be leaving NYCFC, I have to say that my daughter achieved everything she wanted with this group. Kaz and Fredy were a great influence on her, and she is the better for it. True, that some other families were not as pleased, so? All I care about is my kid, and the happiness that making the right choices bring. Are we lucky, sure, as with all matters in life, luck is always a factor, but my kid worked her ass off for her scholarship, and that is all that matters.
                  Well said. Don't buy into the "misery loves company". There's an ever growing feeling that if I'm not feeling well, and you are...then I have to bring you back to my level. Don't do it. Be happy with yourself, be understanding for others, but don't let negativity get you down.

Comment

Well said. Don't buy into the "misery loves company". There's an ever growing feeling that if I'm not feeling well, and you are...then I have to bring you back to my level. Don't do it. Be happy with yourself, be understanding for others, but don't let negativity get you down.
                    Been at this rodeo for a bit, and I have seen many of cuckoo’s, over the years, and I have empathy for anyone who feels that they made a bad choice, some more than others. My kid will play as hard as she can next week, and her future school will be watching, and she loves that.

Comment

There it is ..... the problem with soccer in America .... "my kid, my kid, my kid" .... no concept of team, personal sacrifice, or moxie. The only sport in America where there "TEAM" does have an "I" and there is no "WE" in it. As long as Fluffy starts on the A team all is good in Dystopia.

Comment

I dont disagree with anything you said, except until she signs the LOI, I would not count any chickens. I get the social media pressure to announce commits and assume that commit = scholarship and the rest is history, but unfortunately , thats not how it works. Make sure your kid runs through the finish line, a lot can happen between now and when she walks on to campus. Once she get there, god willing, its a whole new game.

Good luck !!

Comment

There it is ..... the problem with soccer in America .... "my kid, my kid, my kid" .... no concept of team, personal sacrifice, or moxie. The only sport in America where there "TEAM" does have an "I" and there is no "WE" in it. As long as Fluffy starts on the A team all is good in Dystopia.
                          It's an uncomfortable truth, but it's the truth nonetheless. If YOU are paying several thousand dollars a year for someone to develop YOUR child, and if YOUR child succeeds by whatever goal they are striving for, ultimately that's considered a success.

Of course, you want to win every game and be as competitive as you can, but if you lose to FredSC when you are U14, nobody should care years down the road.

Comment

OP stated a fact about the team in response to how well they would do as a team. no shade on any individual. no comment on families being happy or unhappy. just a comment on the team. The responses are kinda strange.

Comment

It's an uncomfortable truth, but it's the truth nonetheless. If YOU are paying several thousand dollars a year for someone to develop YOUR child, and if YOUR child succeeds by whatever goal they are striving for, ultimately that's considered a success.

Of course, you want to win every game and be as competitive as you can, but if you lose to FredSC when you are U14, nobody should care years down the road.
                              down the road? apart form a few crazes, no one cares now

Comment

down the road? apart form a few crazes, no one cares now
                                I won't talk in extremes (nobody, everybody, etc.). My kid wants to win every single game, every single practice, as do I. The reality is, though, I'd rather watch a 2-2 tie than a 10-0 win. That does nothing for me.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X