Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's basically the same structure as EDP has always been, under the new banner of National League with the National League being broken up into 4 conferences-North, Mid, South Atlantic & New England.
    Each conference is broken into different divisions that are basically the same as old EDP. So instead of EDP NPL, it's now National League Club vs. Club. Instead of EDP D1 it's National League Premier 1. Yes, there are a lot more teams because it now incorporates USYS but it's broken up geographically. So let's say your kid's team is in NL Premier 1. NL Premier 1 is broken into 3 divisions-North, Mid & South.
    I hope this helps! I was a little confused at first because I had an older daughter who played USYS and the National League was something completely different! That league doesn't exist anymore and it's really just a new name for EDP.
    Does your daughter play there now? If so, what do you think of it?

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

I don't understand why Susa got brought into this at all! I'm just trying to figure out what this whole EDP national league means for my kid! I just went on their site and honestly it looks like a ton a teams from all over the place with no real differentiation of level. Can someone please explain?
      despite what anyone writes on hear all these different leagues is all just different flavors of kool-aid. its all crap....maybe good on the surface but in the end it will not be good for you.

Comment

Finally, the last few posts with real info. Thank you.

Comment

If your child was playing NPL level at Smithtown they will now be playing higher level of teams in EDP USYS. Just look at the team rankings they will be competing against. https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/north-...dp-conference/

I was skeptical myself when I heard EM and Smithtown ended their partnership but after doing my own research and comparing rankings across the board ( ECNL, NPL and EDP) It proves that the EDP USYS has more competitive and higher ranked teams.

I suggest before any Smithtown NPL parents jump ship they look at the team rankings their children's teams will be competing against and see for themselves. EM and Smithtown parting ways really is a blessing in disguise!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

If your child was playing NPL level at Smithtown they will now be playing higher level of teams in EDP USYS. Just look at the team rankings they will be competing against. https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/north-...dp-conference/

I was skeptical myself when I heard EM and Smithtown ended their partnership but after doing my own research and comparing rankings across the board ( ECNL, NPL and EDP) It proves that the EDP USYS has more competitive and higher ranked teams.

I suggest before any Smithtown NPL parents jump ship they look at the team rankings their children's teams will be competing against and see for themselves. EM and Smithtown parting ways really is a blessing in disguise!
            perhaps...but all still kool-aid.

Comment

it's all about the $$$ my friends.

That's Long Island Soccer! Any club that rosters more than 18 doesn't care about developing players they only care about fattening their bank accounts.

Parents are so naive and keep their children in these clubs and their children are literally bench warmers all for what an ECNL or NPL patch on a uniform?

What ever happened to developing soccer players?

If your child is happy and playing competitive teams and competing in showcases why care about what patch is on the uniform?

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

or perhaps kool-aid spiked with a little redbull so as not to offend anyone to much :)

Comment

I don't understand how it's Kool Aid? I did my own research, I'm not buying into all the hype the club and DOC is spewing.

When people don't want to research things for themselves and just go by what others tell them it's sipping the Kool Aid.

I want Parents to compare the level of competition themselves. Make informed decisions based on actual team rankings and game results.

Be informed get facts don't believe everything you hear!

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

I don't understand how it's Kool Aid? I did my own research, I'm not buying into all the hype the club and DOC is spewing.

When people don't want to research things for themselves and just go by what others tell them it's sipping the Kool Aid.

I want Parents to compare the level of competition themselves. Make informed decisions based on actual team rankings and game results.

Be informed get facts don't believe everything you hear!
                    I knew it would not take long to offend someone....obviously this jabronie did not see that we added a little red-bull to the kool-aid mix....but the panties still got bunched a bit.

Comment

I knew it would not take long to offend someone....obviously this jabronie did not see that we added a little red-bull to the kool-aid mix....but the panties still got bunched a bit.

Not offended just want an explanation to how I'm drinking Kool Aid when I did my own research?

Comment

EM dumping Smithtown

Not offended just want an explanation to how I'm drinking Kool Aid when I did my own research?
                        wah, wah, wah...would you like some cheese with that whine as well?

Comment

hate to burst your bubble, but anyone could have told you this a year ago. Well done on catching up.

Comment

F_ck you
                            Ball possession hahahaha at Smithtown your drunk go home

Smithtown kick and runners

With a side of kick and wish

Comment

Ball possession hahahaha at Smithtown your drunk go home

Smithtown kick and runners

With a side of kick and wish

This is comical. I'm seeing a hell of a lot more ball control from Smithtown than SUSA for example. JR couldn't teach ball control/possession if it slapped him in the face

Comment

Does your daughter play there now? If so, what do you think of it?
                                Yes she plays in the North Atlantic NL and to be honest, it's OK but I don't love it. The travel is very, very bearable because it's structured geographically, but that also limits the level of competition she plays. The competition is OK, but people shouldn't get caught up in "rankings" because it's easy enough to rack up GS points. There haven't been many games where the kids were really challenged or been forced to rise to the occasion and unfortunately this has really led to a level of complacency for a team that was really starting to click. A lot of the stronger teams that we would really like to play are in a different conference.

I'm also concerned about the mishagosh confusion of all the divisions and conferences, it feels a lot like LIJSL in that sense. I definitely preferred the old USYS structure, but you can't put that genie back in the bottle. My older daughter made it all the way to a Division 1 program (and she plays!!!) on her Region 1 team. There was a clear structure, exposure at big events, everyone knew where her team ranked amidst the alphabet soup. I feel the types of opportunities my older one was afforded will not be available to my younger one under this structure. I know people like to throw around platitudes like-oh they shop the player not the league or if your good, go to their ID clinic and show well or whatever...but it's really not that simple.

Anyhow the long and short of it is-if soccer is recreational for your daughter and she wants to play some solid games but still wants a life on the weekends, then EDP is great! If you're daughter is looking for something more, EDP could still be a great fit depending on her team. If your daughter is very committed and hoping to play past high school at a decent level, you might want to consider doing some research elsewhere.Good luck in whatever decision your family makes.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X