Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No truer words have ever been spoken! Cash grab for sure and duping suckers everyday that 9-10 year olds have opportunities to excel at the elite college level. Newsflash- Check rosters at competitive D1 schools.....75-80 percent are international players. DII and DIII rosters are filled with in-town soccer players too!
    I agree. Better to find a coach that can teach the game, cares and shows up. Worry about all that without paying thru nose. Build skill, learn the game and have fun. Find that. And then and only then do pathways open up

Comment

No truer words have ever been spoken! Cash grab for sure and duping suckers everyday that 9-10 year olds have opportunities to excel at the elite college level. Newsflash- Check rosters at competitive D1 schools.....75-80 percent are international players. DII and DIII rosters are filled with in-town soccer players too!
      IMHO, when talking girls soccer at u15 and up you simply have to look at placements to arrive at your answer. In a typical year CFC has 14 D1 players, OW and FSA may have 3 or 4, Yankee has 1 or two. Proportionally they have about same amount of kids in D2 and D3 when you factor in Secondary teams. The rest of the clubs in CT contribute a D2s and D3s and not a lot of them.

Everyone in CT selling the dream but numbers speak for themselves.

Comment

IMHO, when talking girls soccer at u15 and up you simply have to look at placements to arrive at your answer. In a typical year CFC has 14 D1 players, OW and FSA may have 3 or 4, Yankee has 1 or two. Proportionally they have about same amount of kids in D2 and D3 when you factor in Secondary teams. The rest of the clubs in CT contribute a D2s and D3s and not a lot of them.

I agree with just about everything you said except for CFC has about 14 DI players every year. The state of CT is a tiny little puddle in the Ocean of college soccer. CFC and all the clubs will have several players every year that will go on to play at small DIII schools. Some of the stronger programs that have DI players. CFC May have a couple more due to the fact that a school like Sacred Heart or Quinnipiac will horde a few. Even many of those will see little playing time.

Comment

I am struggling with the fact that many clubs suggest that they are Premier when they are nothing more than a money grab from upper middle class families who are seeking something more for their children. I’ve seen more than my fair share of clubs who don’t offer much and give children and parents a false sense that the developmental coaching provided will lead the player somewhere different than pathways afforded by a competitive town/high school program. Shame on the business model to grab thousands per year....and shame on the parents for subjecting children with average ability in thinking their team is better than others. I’ve seen non-affiliated players with tremendous skills and I’ve seen club players who pay $3000 to belong to a team that would cut them if it truly were based on skill!

Everyone is Premier....and everyone gets a trophy too! Especially the mommy’s driving Rovers and Mercedes with the FSA and CFC magnets on the back!
          Stop struggling Brother. Stop worrying about it. You don’t have to worry or even care or struggle with this burden. Let the families that want to go to a club go where they want. Let them pay what they want. Some do it for a scholarship, some for status, others for the love of the game. It’s all good and it shouldn’t bother you. If someone decides to stay and play town soccer then let them do that too. You really have to let it go...

Comment

Question Man Responds

And what do these numbers tell us?

Do you think it tells us that CFC develops players to reach larger schools' soccer programs?
            Is that somehow an indication that they are a more superior club? Why?

Do you think it likely that these same 14 kids who make D1 and play for CFC would reach D1 if they played for another club? Is it the club or the kid who is the difference in reaching a D1 program? Is it not likely that these 14 kids simply commit themselves deeper and have a greater level of persistence to reach their fullest potential? Is that a grist mill that comes only with CFC?

Is it possible that the greater numbers of these truly elite players end up with CFC because of the marketing, forums like this and resulting reputation (valid or not) creating the perception that the club is somehow "better"? Is it simply that over time, the reputation of the club has made it the best aggregator of the elite players rather than providing the best coaching, facilities, and college bound player support?

Comment

The Rush club along the Shoreline is a good club. They have been around for a few years and are competitive with all the local clubs. Coaching is solid and it’s a good option in this area. There does not seem to be a dominant club in this area so there is an opportunity to establish something. SCP used to be the top dog but they no longer have a strong presence. Shoreline never really got established. I am surprised CFC has not tried to create a branch in this part of the state. Why not GPS? They have been mentioned.

Comment

I coach club premier and high school.....

It's my belief that we coaches who are at this level can choose to coach to the mean or average level of our talent pool on the roster. But by doing this, we are hot helping our players. It's not hard to be average and players like that comfort zone. This is why most fail to reach the higher pinnacles.

But the word premier and the nature of high school soccer suggests that as coaches, we should cater to the strongest players in the roster and make training and expectations challenging to them. This process is intended to filter out those unwilling to do what must be done to pass through to the next level. Those players seeking to be their best will rise to the challenge and enjoy the experience. Those not willing to raise their level of game will find it less fun, too hard and over time, more likely to leave the game as players on their own volition.

High school coaches unwilling to set these standards are just providing a recreational outlet for their players. Club coaches unwilling to adopt this perspective are shorting their players and helping the club provide a poor return for parental investment. As a parent, I'd be seeking that club that ensures my kid has to be at his or her level best each and every day to get any significant amount of playing time.

Otherwise, they will wilt at the college level rather quickly.

Comment

I agree with just about everything you said except for CFC has about 14 DI players every year. The state of CT is a tiny little puddle in the Ocean of college soccer. CFC and all the clubs will have several players every year that will go on to play at small DIII schools. Some of the stronger programs that have DI players. CFC May have a couple more due to the fact that a school like Sacred Heart or Quinnipiac will horde a few. Even many of those will see little playing time.
                  Let's not forget that the region doesn't have many top D1 programs and most students will attend a school within a half day's drive from home. That means most CT players will be looking in New England, NY, NJ, PA and down to VA. In that area there are many great schools, D1 and D3, but very few powerhouse soccer programs. We also are a small state and we just won't have many Power 5 conference players. If families weren't content with how things have worked out for their kids they wouldn't be participating. Numbers may be down with overall soccer participation but the clubs and leagues that offer college coach exposure are doing fine.

Comment

I coach club premier and high school.....

It's my belief that we coaches who are at this level can choose to coach to the mean or average level of our talent pool on the roster. But by doing this, we are hot helping our players. It's not hard to be average and players like that comfort zone. This is why most fail to reach the higher pinnacles.

But the word premier and the nature of high school soccer suggests that as coaches, we should cater to the strongest players in the roster and make training and expectations challenging to them. This process is intended to filter out those unwilling to do what must be done to pass through to the next level. Those players seeking to be their best will rise to the challenge and enjoy the experience. Those not willing to raise their level of game will find it less fun, too hard and over time, more likely to leave the game as players on their own volition.

High school coaches unwilling to set these standards are just providing a recreational outlet for their players. Club coaches unwilling to adopt this perspective are shorting their players and helping the club provide a poor return for parental investment. As a parent, I'd be seeking that club that ensures my kid has to be at his or her level best each and every day to get any significant amount of playing time.

Otherwise, they will wilt at the college level rather quickly.
                    Bravo. This all makes sense. Well said. Growth mindset. Grit.

Comment

I counted 5 D1 players from this years 01s Yankee team

Comment

You are in the dark. CFC class of 2019 has 16 D1 commits and 2020 already has 17 D1 commits. Just because CT Rush produces no D1 commits doesn't mean every club is lacking talented prospects

Comment

At least two if not more will never see the field. Yankee has a very poor D1 track record. Many claimed commits don't even show up on the roster let alone actually play. The majority of their commits are D3 and that is a better fit.

Comment

That's awesome, we all had a bet that you wouldn't get past 3. Keep it up, ABCs next.

Comment

You are in the dark. CFC class of 2019 has 16 D1 commits and 2020 already has 17 D1 commits. Just because CT Rush produces no D1 commits doesn't mean every club is lacking talented prospects
                              How many boys going D1? Girls soccer really doesn’t count....

Comment

Why point the finger here bozo. Oldest original rush kids are 03s. Chill tiger dad

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X