FC Stars ECNL U15

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, JD’s head must have exploded this weekend!

Comment

Is it just a speed bump or signs of trouble?

Comment

One thing this has proven is Stars putting two teams in ECNL is just a money grab. The West teams are struggling for the most part (U14 is "OK" but have only scored a few more goals than I have).

They don't have enough talent to support two teams, and the "West" "B" "Select" whatever you want to call them shouldn't be there.

Really no different than other leagues. Have a couple of good teams at the top, OK in the middle, and a handful who shouldn't be there at the bottom.

Cha-ching

Comment

Stars

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Lost to the best team in the country, with 4 national team players. That team won the ECNL national championship last year and has been blowing out teams. No shame in that. And no, I have no associations with Stars.
          Yet somehow know who they played and the players on the other team? Likely story.

Comment

Stars

One thing this has proven is Stars putting two teams in ECNL is just a money grab. The West teams are struggling for the most part (U14 is "OK" but have only scored a few more goals than I have).

They don't have enough talent to support two teams, and the "West" "B" "Select" whatever you want to call them shouldn't be there.

Really no different than other leagues. Have a couple of good teams at the top, OK in the middle, and a handful who shouldn't be there at the bottom.

Cha-ching
            Stars only care about money that is a fact. Everything they do is based on recruiting coaches, players and adding locations. If they put more focus on people maybe they wouldn't be hated so much.

Comment

Oh gheez, you can put the name of any big club in there and have the sentence read the same. It's ALL about the money for all of them. It's a business.

Comment

Oh gheez, you can put the name of any big club in there and have the sentence read the same. It's ALL about the money for all of them. It's a business.
                The sooner folks understand this, the sooner you can be at peace with it all. Whenever something happens that angers you or annoys you, it just business. Just like the mob.

Comment

Agree. I have made my peace with the fact that it is a business and they don't give a crap about my kid. We pay them and take what we can out of it-training, game competition, exposure.

Comment

Agree. I have made my peace with the fact that it is a business and they don't give a crap about my kid. We pay them and take what we can out of it-training, game competition, exposure.
                    It's taken me a few years to become callous towards our club...but here's what I have learned. Some of it is obvious but for many years I have been loyal and wish that I had not been...

Every once in awhile you will come across a good coach. It usually doesn't last. Coaches leave. In many cases the coach is a reflection of their own abilities/personality and is not a reflection of the club...i.e. a good coach doesn't mean the club is good...and vice versa with bad coaches.

Unless the coach has a large, and loyal, following the club doesn't care that much about the coach.

All clubs are the same. They are in it for profit (which is fine). But they shouldn't give the impression that they care about your kids development. The coach may care but the club does not. If you believe that GPS, Bolts, Stars, etc actually care about your kid then you are delusional. Just because a website mentions a development path doesn't mean that they have a path for each of the 900 players in the club. This is a theoretical development path...your coach is the only one that will develop your kid in the club...and if you aren't developing with that coach then get out fast.

You need to fake loyalty to the club and focus on the best interest of your kids development. It sounds obvious but sometimes loyalty to a club makes you linger too long within a club. The years are short and they go by fast...don't delay making decisions.

Your money goes towards the growth and development of your kid...if they aren't developing then change things up. Clubs will continue to do the same drills, same practices, same coaches, etc...if your kid isn't developing then you need to mix things up. Regardless of age...kids should be still developing even if they are 17, 18, etc.

Most of you probably know this but it's 'that time of year' (tryouts)...if you're thinking of a move then you need to act...don't delay.

I have over 8 years and multiple kids in club. This rant wasn't meant to be cynical...just trying to be realistic for people that are relatively new to club. Sometimes it takes years to gain a perspective of club and by then it's too late...money and time have been wasted.

Comment

What a sad bunch of posters. Your kids must be embarrassed by you. The number of college coaches on the sideline and a lop-sided win-loss record is all you care about. Slamming teams that your kids couldn’t make. Do you even care about soccer anymore? So sad...

Comment

If your kids developing,getting sufficient playtime and is happy,that’s all you can ask for.If the team actually wins games even better.But a good coach with college connections and respect is all that’s needed.

Comment

If your kids developing,getting sufficient playtime and is happy,that’s all you can ask for.If the team actually wins games even better.But a good coach with college connections and respect is all that’s needed.
                          Kids will leave if KM is coaching next year. Book it.

Comment

Agreed, JD isnt coaching?!

Comment

Nobody will willingly leave that team for that reason

Comment

Nobody will willingly leave that team for that reason
                                They have and they will.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X