Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So where is the talent in CT going in these age groups? We know they aren’t going to Oakwood, so does that mean we are losing the best to Stars and NYSC or WCFC?
    There are talented kids at all three places at the 03 age group. Just not enough on any of the teams to compete with Stars, PDA and the better clubs regionally.

CFC lacks chemistry. No superstars (i.e. P5 Prospects) and tend to be a bit selfish. Also lacking a decent player in some key spots. FSA team comparable in terms of talent. Plays a bit more direct. Teams are about even. Don't know OW as much expect that they lost several 03 players to HS and other clubs. Some are on CFC and FSA

Lastly, just in case someone brings Rush into the equation. Forget it. Several of their kids came to United tryouts last year and would struggle on the NPL squad.

Comment

Soccer jumped the shark three or four years ago, but it had been heading that way since about 2010. Anyway, the best athletes don't play soccer on the boys' side, and the girls are fed up with the bullsh and are moving on to other sports and activities. I am sure soccer will rebound, but it will take another decade for decent athletes to start coming back in numbers.

Comment

The World Class U15 team is absolute garbage. They were 0-5 going into this game with a -25 goal differential. How is it possible that FSA lost to them? What happened to this FSA team? They were not this bad 2 years ago. What the heck.
        They had a -29 GD going into this game; but I agree with you. Not sure what happened to this group.

Comment

There are talented kids at all three places at the 03 age group. Just not enough on any of the teams to compete with Stars, PDA and the better clubs regionally.

CFC lacks chemistry. No superstars (i.e. P5 Prospects) and tend to be a bit selfish. Also lacking a decent player in some key spots. FSA team comparable in terms of talent. Plays a bit more direct. Teams are about even. Don't know OW as much expect that they lost several 03 players to HS and other clubs. Some are on CFC and FSA

Lastly, just in case someone brings Rush into the equation. Forget it. Several of their kids came to United tryouts last year and would struggle on the NPL squad.
          The class of 2020 was an anamaly for CT girls soccer. There were several Power 5 prospects in that group that have committed to Ohio St, Michigan, Georgetown and BC. 2021 does not have any power 5 prospects at CFC, Oakwood or FSA. There will be some D1 commits but mid to low level D1. Nice players but they either lack the size, speed or ability to play in the power 5 conferences.

I think the teams are evenly matched with talent

Comment

The class of 2020 was an anamaly for CT girls soccer. There were several Power 5 prospects in that group that have committed to Ohio St, Michigan, Georgetown and BC. 2021 does not have any power 5 prospects at CFC, Oakwood or FSA. There will be some D1 commits but mid to low level D1. Nice players but they either lack the size, speed or ability to play in the power 5 conferences.

I think the teams are evenly matched with talent
            No one is going to BC from the 2020 class and the Big East is not power 5 conference

Comment

No one is going to BC from the 2020 class and the Big East is not power 5 conference
              We are just talking about top level prospects that have Power 5 conference talent. Georgetown may not be Power 5 but they finished in the top 10 in the NCAA and recruit top level talent. I think the BC recruit is a 2019, my mistake

Comment

Some years are also just unlucky also, some years really lucky. No doubt talent dilution is an issue in the state and elsewhere. In time, as fewer kids are playing soccer, this will become an even bigger issue.

Comment

Yes there is from FSA (BC) and Georgetown just kicks the ****e out of power 5 schools. Is that better?

Comment

We are just talking about top level prospects that have Power 5 conference talent. Georgetown may not be Power 5 but they finished in the top 10 in the NCAA and recruit top level talent. I think the BC recruit is a 2019, my mistake
                    BC recruit is goalkeeper and a 2019

Comment

You CFC people are nuts. There may be a couple kids that got looks because of talent and NT camps, but majority got commitments because of coaches. The CFC coaches have more connections and the best talent in the state. Coaches take kids or give them the benefit of the doubt because of CFC coaches word.

There are plenty of power 5 kids that shouldn't be there and they'll be exposed. Georgetown recruits better than majority of power 5 teams. Heck, some of the Patriot league does also.
                      Dont get hung up on POWER 5 only recruit the most talented talented kids

Comment

You CFC people are nuts. There may be a couple kids that got looks because of talent and NT camps, but majority got commitments because of coaches. The CFC coaches have more connections and the best talent in the state. Coaches take kids or give them the benefit of the doubt because of CFC coaches word.

There are plenty of power 5 kids that shouldn't be there and they'll be exposed. Georgetown recruits better than majority of power 5 teams. Heck, some of the Patriot league does also.
                        So then by your own logic CFC boys are screwed and should be at OW or BS?

Comment

Reality is

1) in a small state there aren't many players that can be an impact player at a top program
                          2) there aren't that many top programs in the area and most kids will go to school half a days drive from home.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X