X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What exactly is US soccer delivering?
    National Teams & a the top tier of competition for youth players (DA).

I’m sure they deliver more, what exactly do you want?

Comment

US Soccer is not great at soccer. Look at the train wreck that is the men’s team. They were home eating nachos and drinking warm beer during the World Cup last year. Sad.

Players look miserable.

I’d stay far away from US Soccer branded kiddie soccer.

I can't stomach watching US mens national team. It puts me to sleep. I'd rather watch Touched by an Angel reruns. Lot more action.

Comment

Oregon soccer will be even more watered down next year.
        Rumor has it there are even more "ELITE" "DEVELOPMENT" branded kids products next year. So you think it's watered down now, it will be worse.

Too bad we can't get any concentration of talent in Oregon.

Comment

The 00/01 team is a "top team"? The Reign Academy U-18/19 beat them 5-1 and 4-1 to Crossfire Premier U-18/19 in November. How are they a "top team" exactly?
          Didn’t realize the Thorns 00/01 team lost by that much. I still think they are the best age group in the Thorns academy and one of the top 00/01 teams in Oregon.

Comment

Didn’t realize the Thorns 00/01 team lost by that much. I still think they are the best age group in the Thorns academy and one of the top 00/01 teams in Oregon.
            Thorns 00/01 is the top team in the state. Best age group for the Thorns Academy would be the 05/06 group.

Comment

Girls talent is very spread out and watered down. Just means everyone gets to play. Thorns have playing time guarantee which would be nice if your kid isn’t always getting starts.
              Because talent is so spread thin, none of our Oregon teams are great. It's a mess.

Comment

Thorns 00/01 is a top 5-10 team in the state. No question.

Comment

They don’t do well out of state but I think the 00/01 team would do well in state if they ever played the top competition. Can’t tell for sure but I think so.

Comment

They don’t do well out of state but I think the 00/01 team would do well in state if they ever played the top competition. Can’t tell for sure but I think so.
                    Thorns 00/01 team would destroy their competition in the state. I bet Thorns 05/06 can beat most OYSA/ECNL 00/01 teams.

Comment

National Teams & a the top tier of competition for youth players (DA).

I’m sure they deliver more, what exactly do you want?
                      On the girl’s side that was already done by ECNL prior to the DA.

Comment

Thorns 00/01 is a top 5-10 team in the state. No question.
                        They don’t do well out of state but would be top 5 in state. They have some good players and some not so good players.

Comment

Agree.

Comment

On the girl’s side that was already done by both USYS & US Club prior to the DA.
                            Between 1985 to 2010 USYS & ODP were the only platforms for players to get chosen from and it produced 2 World Cup titles and multiple Olympic Gold Medals. US Club had nada.

From 2011-2016 USYS & US Club were the only two platforms producing youth nats with ODP scaling back.

In 2017 US Soccer created the DA and now that's were the best of the best play and get elevated to the Youth National teams.

Some USYS & US Club clubs still can get some players chosen modern day, but to your point, if your a nationally elite club player you are already in the DA.

Comment

On the girl’s side that was already done by ECNL prior to the DA.
                              That's the thing with title IX it can trickle into the US Soccer governance, girls should not be discriminated against, since the boys have had their DA since 2007. I love title IX! More opportunities for everyone, not just boys.

Comment

They don’t do well out of state but would be top 5 in state. They have some good players and some not so good players.
                                I think top 3.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X