X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now you’re making me smile.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So says the parent who is an expert on all thing soccer. What coaching licenses do you have? I smile when I hear parents talking about soccer or soccer players as if they know the sport when they have never stepped onto a pitch and played an organized match in their life.

What ECNL Teams are lacking depth?

Comment

I agree with this. I think DA started effecting ECNL teams starting with this year. There’s no one arguing this was a watered down age group talent-wise in general for ecnl. My daughter plays ecnl in this age group. I think it will improve hopefully now that DA gone.

This seems to be the year that ecnl started to get really watered down. Maybe it’ll change after COVID but you’re right there were no standout teams. GAL is just as good if not better than ecnl at this age.

Comment

Now you’re making me smile.
        I am laughing as well. I am thinking about every GA Club if given the opportunity to join ECNL today would move immediately.

Comment

No way. Most GA teams will be filling out defections by having multiple kids play up. Thts not a sign of a healthy league. Playing up should be because the player isn’t challenged, not because the club can’t field teams.
          Most GAL teams will have players playing up to fill roster voids it’s reality.

Comment

We don’t want that though. We need their players not their teams. So ecnl League gets better in this area.

I am laughing as well. I am thinking about every GA Club if given the opportunity to join ECNL today would move immediately.

Comment

There are some ecnl parents in this particular age group questioning whether ecnl is the right league to be in. The teams in ecnl just aren’t that much different talent-wise as teams in the other leagues, and sometimes they seem more talented. How does that happen? Maybe it was the DA like the other poster said I don’t know, but I haven’t been overly impressed. I’ll give it another year and see what happens.

We don’t want that though. We need their players not their teams. So ecnl League gets better in this area.

Comment

You must be in PA. Hang in there, it should get better.

There are some ecnl parents in this particular age group questioning whether ecnl is the right league to be in. The teams in ecnl just aren’t that much different talent-wise as teams in the other leagues, and sometimes they seem more talented. How does that happen? Maybe it was the DA like the other poster said I don’t know, but I haven’t been overly impressed. I’ll give it another year and see what happens.

Comment

I agree with this. I think DA started effecting ECNL teams starting with this year. There’s no one arguing this was a watered down age group talent-wise in general for ecnl. My daughter plays ecnl in this age group. I think it will improve hopefully now that DA gone.
                  The first 2 years of GDA were very good. The competition, competitiveness of players and depth on each team held up vs. ECNL. Once clubs like PDA and FC Stars dropped out Nd were replaced by lesser clubs the DA dropped big time. For the first 2 years colleges tended LLC the DA events equally to ECNL. By the third year when other Big clubs started to leave then those colleges attending DA events started to shrink or just stay for 2 days of a tournament. ECNL is still the top league in the country and every ECNL event is a must for all colleges to attend. Right now you cannot say that about GA or any other league showcase.t’s a night vs. day difference.

Comment

No doubt it’s great for pda and other teams across the country. Outside of that there may be better options than being on a mediocre ECNL team in this region. Thats all I’m saying.

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2806610]The first 2 years of GDA were very good. The competition, competitiveness of players and depth on each team held up vs. ECNL. Once clubs like PDA and FC Stars dropped out Nd were replaced by lesser clubs the DA dropped big time. For the first 2 years colleges tended LLC the DA events equally to ECNL. By the third year when other Big clubs started to leave then those colleges attending DA events started to shrink or just stay for 2 days of a tournament. ECNL is still the top league in the country and every ECNL event is a must for all colleges to attend. Right now you cannot say that about GA or any other league showcase.t’s a night vs. day difference.

Comment

That’s a good point. Nationally ECNL is great. Locally it sucks azz.

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2806632]No doubt it’s great for pda and other teams across the country. Outside of that there may be better options than being on a mediocre ECNL team in this region. Thats all I’m saying.

The first 2 years of GDA were very good. The competition, competitiveness of players and depth on each team held up vs. ECNL. Once clubs like PDA and FC Stars dropped out Nd were replaced by lesser clubs the DA dropped big time. For the first 2 years colleges tended LLC the DA events equally to ECNL. By the third year when other Big clubs started to leave then those colleges attending DA events started to shrink or just stay for 2 days of a tournament. ECNL is still the top league in the country and every ECNL event is a must for all colleges to attend. Right now you cannot say that about GA or any other league showcase.t’s a night vs. day difference.

Comment

You are in PA. I said hang in there. It will get better.

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2806633]That’s a good point. Nationally ECNL is great. Locally it sucks azz.

No doubt it’s great for pda and other teams across the country. Outside of that there may be better options than being on a mediocre ECNL team in this region. Thats all I’m saying.

Comment

True. F***ing PDA ruins it for everybody. This region sucks.

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2806633]That’s a good point. Nationally ECNL is great. Locally it sucks azz.

Comment

Lol. You better watch out PA, PDA-West is coming soon. Lmfao.

Comment

Definitely keep options open. I agree with you.

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2806632]No doubt it’s great for pda and other teams across the country. Outside of that there may be better options than being on a mediocre ECNL team in this region. Thats all I’m saying.

Comment

STA will be a very competitive option at this age group. Very good team.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X