Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    But making it to the Round of 16 does matter! There are going to be some very undeserving teams make it into the Round of 16 and FSPL.

It is GUARANTEED for the 2002 Boys there will be at least one of the #30, #31 and #32 teams from Round 1 make it to the Round of 16. How does this make any sense?
    FSPL used to be the best thing FYSA ever did, now it is a complete joke (especially in the U16 and above). Scheduling MANDATORY PLAY DATES that conflict with college showcases mean the teams with the best talent will opt out (like they did this year) as the goal is exposure to college coaches. Look at the U19's, there is ONE quality team there, Coral Estates. The rest are rec team jokes. #2 Charges just got whipped at IMG and Leg-A-Z can't compete outside of the watered down FSPL.

Comment

Originally posted by I put my name on it View Post
      FSPL used to be the best thing FYSA ever did, now it is a complete joke (especially in the U16 and above). Scheduling MANDATORY PLAY DATES that conflict with college showcases mean the teams with the best talent will opt out (like they did this year) as the goal is exposure to college coaches. Look at the U19's, there is ONE quality team there, Coral Estates. The rest are rec team jokes. #2 Charges just got whipped at IMG and Leg-A-Z can't compete outside of the watered down FSPL.
      Then get off your behind and do something about it! Call the state office, talk to people that can make the decisions, or get involved with FYSA on a volunteer basis. There are so many things you can be doing to help. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Comment

Then get off your behind and do something about it! Call the state office, talk to people that can make the decisions, or get involved with FYSA on a volunteer basis. There are so many things you can be doing to help. Be part of the solution, not the problem.
        Don't assume.

I sent NUMEROUS emails to FYSA when they mucked up FSPL this year and explained that their heavy handed policy was contradictory to the needs of the older boys teams. I was politely told to F off. The play dates conflicted with 3 MAJOR college showcases. Why would a U16-U19 team opt out of college showcases to play FSPL games? Got a clue for you, they didn't.

Only after the top teams in the state withdrew from FSPL did FYSA acquiesce and allow ONE weekend of games to get rescheduled. Still unacceptable.

FYSA is arrogant, and fails to realize who their customer is. FYSA is NOT the customer, they are the business. It is the teams and clubs that are the customers of FYSA and they should be focused on their needs and not the needs of the FYSA.

So, I take the approach of FYSA in regards to you without the niceties; F off.

Don't even make it appear that FYSA is responsive to suggestions-they are not. It is not a lack of communication from teams/clubs or a lack of volunteers that leads to the problem. It is a self-inflicted wound on FYSA arising solely from their arrogance and ignorance.
        Last edited by I put my name on it; 03-07-2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Don't assume.

I sent NUMEROUS emails to FYSA when they mucked up FSPL this year and explained that their heavy handed policy was contradictory to the needs of the older boys teams. I was politely told to F off. The play dates conflicted with 3 MAJOR college showcases. Why would a U16-U19 team opt out of college showcases to play FSPL games? Got a clue for you, they didn't.

Only after the top teams in the state withdrew from FSPL did FYSA acquiesce and allow ONE weekend of games to get rescheduled. Still unacceptable.

FYSA is arrogant, and fails to realize who their customer is. FYSA is NOT the customer, they are the business. It is the teams and clubs that are the customers of FYSA and they should be focused on their needs and not the needs of the FYSA.

So, I take the approach of FYSA in regards to you without the niceties; F off.

Don't even make it appear that FYSA is responsive to suggestions-they are not. It is not a lack of communication from teams/clubs or a lack of volunteers that leads to the problem. It is a self-inflicted wound on FYSA arising solely from their arrogance and ignorance.
          Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...

Comment

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning...
            What can I say? I am a curmudgeon.

I don't like FYSA coming on here and spewing their BS and shifting blame on others. Telling me to get off my behind? Talk to the decision makers? Volunteer? How about the people that are PAID to run the business run it effectively instead of being buffoons? How about the people who are PAID to run the business listen and be responsive to the needs of their customers?

Don't believe for a minute they aren't on here trying to anonymously defend themselves as if they are a disinterested third party.

BTW, about midway thru the season FYSA became much more flexible about rescheduling games. They may be slow learners, but perhaps they can still learn something. We'll see how they handle FSPL next year and whether it is too late to save the only state-wide league with relegation (the component most lacking in US soccer), or if ECNL, ENPL, and FSPL so disperse the talented teams that you cannot adequately develop players going forward. You hone steel with steel, and the steel in soccer is top competition and an advanced pace of play. If leagues only have 2-3 top teams and the rest are cannon fodder, there is no steel upon which to hone.

For the record: I LOVED FSPL in years past and I respected FYSA for creating it. They allowed it to become slightly diluted when they replaced the top teams that were promoted to R3PL/SRPL/National League with lesser quality teams. It would have been better to have 12-14 top teams in a league rather than subjectively promoting teams that got knocked out in Round 2 of the previous year's State Cup, just to have 16 teams. But their policy on rescheduling this year was just asinine and could very well destroy the league.

Comment

Best way to do it would be make each of the groups of four in the Rd of 32 as follows:
              One of the 8 Seeded Teams
              One of 13 Group Winners
              One of the 11 WildCards
              The fourth spot would have to be either another group winner or wildcard team to fill out the bracket.

Any other way is ridiculous!
              Here's a process for a much more balanced set of groups for the Round of 32 for the 2002 Boys. There are many ways to skin this cat that are much better than the existing published schedule for Round of 32. (Not to mention that the schedule has already been changed once since it was originally published).

Process:
              Line up Seeded teams #1 through #8
              Line up the Group winners, A through M
              Line up Wildcard winner #1 through #11

Put the Seeded teams in the groups in order #1 through #8. (FYSA already got this right)

Fill in Group Winners A through M down and then back up (Like a snake draft).

Then do a "Snake Draft" order to fill in the Wildcards #1 through #11 in the remaining open spots.

Benefits:
              A) The seeded teams are already rewarded by skipping round 1

B) The seeded teams are also rewarded by not having to play each other in Round of 32

C) The top 3 seeded teams only have to face one Group Winner from Round 1

B) No group in the Round of 32 has the silly situation where a wildcard team will be guaranteed to advance.

Group #1
              Miramar (1 Seed)
              Group A Winner
              Wildcard #11
              Wildcard #1

Group #2
              Tallahassee (2 Seed)
              Group B Winner
              Wildcard #10
              Wildcard #2

Group #3
              Ives Estates Black (3 Seed)
              Group C Winner
              Wildcard #9
              Wildcard #3

Group #4
              Gulf Coast Texans (4 Seed)
              Group D Winner
              Group M Winner
              Wildcard #8

Group #5
              Florida Rush 1 Boys (5 Seed)
              Group E Winner
              Group L Winner
              Wildcard #7

Group #6
              Team Boca Sabr (6 Seed)
              Group F Winner
              Group K Winner
              Wildcard #6

Group #7
              Doral While (7 Seed)
              Group G Winner
              Group J Winner
              Wildcard #5

Group #8
              Weston (8 Seed)
              Group H Winner
              Group I Winner
              Wildcard #4

Comment

You have WAAAAY too much free time on your hands. It's kid soccer. Relax.

Comment

Here's a process for a much more balanced set of groups for the Round of 32 for the 2002 Boys. There are many ways to skin this cat that are much better than the existing published schedule for Round of 32. (Not to mention that the schedule has already been changed once since it was originally published).

Process:

Put the Seeded teams in the groups in order #1 through #8. (FYSA already got this right)

Then do a "Snake Draft" order to fill in the Wildcards #1 through #11 in the remaining open spots.

Benefits:

B) The seeded teams are also rewarded by not having to play each other in Round of 32

B) No group in the Round of 32 has the silly situation where a wildcard team will be guaranteed to advance.

Group #1
                  Miramar (1 Seed)
                  Group A Winner
                  Wildcard #11
                  Wildcard #1

Group #2
                  Tallahassee (2 Seed)
                  Group B Winner
                  Wildcard #10
                  Wildcard #2

Group #3
                  Group C Winner
                  Wildcard #9
                  Wildcard #3

Group #4
                  Group D Winner
                  Group M Winner
                  Wildcard #8

Group #5
                  Group E Winner
                  Group L Winner
                  Wildcard #7

Group #6
                  Team Boca Sabr (6 Seed)
                  Group F Winner
                  Group K Winner
                  Wildcard #6

Group #7
                  Doral While (7 Seed)
                  Group G Winner
                  Group J Winner
                  Wildcard #5

Group #8
                  Weston (8 Seed)
                  Group H Winner
                  Group I Winner
                  Wildcard #4
                  This makes sense. Hopefully FYSA sees this and makes the changes.

Comment

What can I say? I am a curmudgeon.

I don't like FYSA coming on here and spewing their BS and shifting blame on others. Telling me to get off my behind? Talk to the decision makers? Volunteer? How about the people that are PAID to run the business run it effectively instead of being buffoons? How about the people who are PAID to run the business listen and be responsive to the needs of their customers?

Don't believe for a minute they aren't on here trying to anonymously defend themselves as if they are a disinterested third party.

BTW, about midway thru the season FYSA became much more flexible about rescheduling games. They may be slow learners, but perhaps they can still learn something. We'll see how they handle FSPL next year and whether it is too late to save the only state-wide league with relegation (the component most lacking in US soccer), or if ECNL, ENPL, and FSPL so disperse the talented teams that you cannot adequately develop players going forward. You hone steel with steel, and the steel in soccer is top competition and an advanced pace of play. If leagues only have 2-3 top teams and the rest are cannon fodder, there is no steel upon which to hone.

For the record: I LOVED FSPL in years past and I respected FYSA for creating it. They allowed it to become slightly diluted when they replaced the top teams that were promoted to R3PL/SRPL/National League with lesser quality teams. It would have been better to have 12-14 top teams in a league rather than subjectively promoting teams that got knocked out in Round 2 of the previous year's State Cup, just to have 16 teams. But their policy on rescheduling this year was just asinine and could very well destroy the league.
                    lol, are you still going to be here next year after your WFF kid graduates, or will you still be emailing FYSA and making these predictions with your time. For the record, anyone on this site is a little sad, yes i know, but you take it to a whole new level of sad man

Comment

lol, are you still going to be here next year after your WFF kid graduates, or will you still be emailing FYSA and making these predictions with your time. For the record, anyone on this site is a little sad, yes i know, but you take it to a whole new level of sad man
                      I am done with FYSA.

And I will be done soon on TALKING SOCCER.

Why did my FSPL predictions in previous seasons upset you so? I think most would think that I was "talking soccer" on a web site designed for just such a purpose.

If there is anything more sad than being on this site, it would be taking the time to read all the posts and criticize others. THAT is pathetic.

Comment

For what, 2 or 3 seasons I wrote some substantive predictions and post analysis of FSPL as a registered user. I couldn't hide from predictions, I stood by them.

For 2 or 3 seasons, you only made snarky, personal attacks as an anonymous coward.

I'll stand by my record over that of a sniping weasel, and I think most reading this site would back my contributions over yours.

Comment

You have WAAAAY too much free time on your hands. It's kid soccer. Relax.
                          It took about 15 minutes to put this together.

Besides, kids soccer is important to me! My husband is never home. The PTO kicked me out. Other than pickleball, what else am I gonna do? I don't even have a kid in soccer anymore.

Comment

Process:

Benefits:

Group #1
                            Miramar (1 Seed)
                            Group A Winner
                            Wildcard #11
                            Wildcard #1

Group #2
                            Tallahassee (2 Seed)
                            Group B Winner
                            Wildcard #10
                            Wildcard #2

Group #3
                            Group C Winner
                            Wildcard #9
                            Wildcard #3

Group #4
                            Group D Winner
                            Group M Winner
                            Wildcard #8

Group #5
                            Group E Winner
                            Group L Winner
                            Wildcard #7

Group #6
                            Team Boca Sabr (6 Seed)
                            Group F Winner
                            Group K Winner
                            Wildcard #6

Group #7
                            Doral While (7 Seed)
                            Group G Winner
                            Group J Winner
                            Wildcard #5

Group #8
                            Weston (8 Seed)
                            Group H Winner
                            Group I Winner
                            Wildcard #4
                            Thank you for taking the pressure off of me. My wife thinks I'm a lunatic because I figure out my son's playoff scenarios every year. I showed her this to show her there are much crazier fathers out there.

Comment

It took about 15 minutes to put this together.

Besides, kids soccer is important to me! My husband is never home. The PTO kicked me out. Other than pickleball, what else am I gonna do? I don't even have a kid in soccer anymore.
                              Maybe try masturbation. You definitely need an outlet to relax.

Comment

You might be a wizard as the brackets were changed today to very close to this post.

Process:

Benefits:

Group #1
                                Miramar (1 Seed)
                                Group A Winner
                                Wildcard #11
                                Wildcard #1

Group #2
                                Tallahassee (2 Seed)
                                Group B Winner
                                Wildcard #10
                                Wildcard #2

Group #3
                                Group C Winner
                                Wildcard #9
                                Wildcard #3

Group #4
                                Group D Winner
                                Group M Winner
                                Wildcard #8

Group #5
                                Group E Winner
                                Group L Winner
                                Wildcard #7

Group #6
                                Team Boca Sabr (6 Seed)
                                Group F Winner
                                Group K Winner
                                Wildcard #6

Group #7
                                Doral While (7 Seed)
                                Group G Winner
                                Group J Winner
                                Wildcard #5

Group #8
                                Weston (8 Seed)
                                Group H Winner
                                Group I Winner
                                Wildcard #4

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X