Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It means they aren’t for profit, so the statement that “Mv is for profit” is incorrect.
    Non-profit does not mean they do not need to cover their costs -- MV absolutely needs to do so. And adding costs of OCDA means MV needs $$ to come from somewhere.

That was whole stumbling block to OC closing MV deal in August, which is when they wanted to do it.

If non-profit status meant organization doesn't charge for (or need to recover costs of) DA program, then every non-MLS program would be free.

The OCDA-to-MV deal got done because MV got some payment from OC for Spring 2018 ($200k) and after that MV needs to figure out where $$ come from.

For every non-MV boarding student playing OCDA in 2018-19 season, the $$ needs to come from somewhere. This is why you will see the MV coaches drastically increasing the % of MV boarding kids on each OCDA roster.

And don't post back with a "No !! MV coaches will pick the best players regardless of where they come from . . ." It's just like the ratio of "scholarship" players on your ECNL or FYSA
    travel or rec team to players from paying families: the coach can take a few good players whose parents can't afford to pay, but ultimately the vast majority of the team need to be from families that pay their fees so the club can cover the coach's pay, field rentals, referee fees, and travel expenses.

Comment

It is eventually going to be just like IMG with most all the players parents paying big cheese and the few very talented players are getting subsidized.
      Yes - exactly. And here's $$ and cents explanation why, in case you didn't see this post from another thread:

Link to MVOCDA tryouts:
      https://www.orlandocitysc.com/youth/...f34e6-35096321

Note that DA rules prohibit current DA kids from other clubs trying out while DA season is still going on -- it says that right in the announcement.

So this is about MV SELLING TO NON-DA KIDS the promise of getting into OCDA.

PERFECT for that kid in NY/California/Texas who couldn't make Red Bulls/Galaxy/FCD and feels it's a HUGE injustice, and Daddy has big bucks to fix all that and make junior's soccer dream come true !! Same for local FL kids who got snubbed at Weston/Chargers/Kendall DA and doesn't mind boarding school close enough to home where Daddy and Mommy can drive up to watch his games. And also a great situation for wealthy S. American families who wouldn't want their kids mixing with the poor kids in the Academy dorms at Clubs in Argentina/Brazil etc. but love the idea of a chance at soccer stardom AND and an American education !!

And note the announcement reminds the local FL kids not to clog up the weekend tryout dates where the spots need to be available for those national and international kids flying into town !!

Those OCDA tryout dates for MV will be like Marriott selling timeshares at Disney properties !!

Comment

It means they aren’t for profit, so the statement that “Mv is for profit” is incorrect.
        Exactly my point. Ppl here were saying “MV is for profit” when it actually mV is “not for profit”

Point being much of what is being said about OC and Mv and with the staff and the future of the da is just simply wrong and not factual. It quite dumb to be talking negatively about a project that is working quite well in only the first few months of existence and is already improved as to what it was. I don’t follow the logic of guessing what might be and bashing what it clearly is - an immediate improvement and change for the better.

Comment

Exactly my point. Ppl here were saying “MV is for profit” when it actually mV is “not for profit”

Point being much of what is being said about OC and Mv and with the staff and the future of the da is just simply wrong and not factual. It quite dumb to be talking negatively about a project that is working quite well in only the first few months of existence and is already improved as to what it was. I don’t follow the logic of guessing what might be and bashing what it clearly is - an immediate improvement and change for the better.
          What is it they say: a new one is born everyday?

Comment

Oh - sorry, my mistake!

I guess everything's great and MV will be providing bunnies and lollipops to everyone free of charge! Since they are "non-profit" they can just take it out of their boarding school profits that they didn't have any use for anyway.

Comment

Oh - sorry, my mistake!

I guess everything's great and MV will be providing bunnies and lollipops to everyone free of charge! Since they are "non-profit" they can just take it out of their boarding school profits that they didn't have any use for anyway.
              LOL. It is almost Easter time! The move to MV is pay-to-play, make no mistake. Maybe it won’t be terrible and make all of the kids cry (DC United made championship bracket of Generation Adidas Cup and it is a similar model), but it is what it is. Cut a fat check and you little Messi’s player rating goes up mysteriously. Not for me or my son and not best for developing players. We will be moving on from OC DA. To each his own.

Comment

LOL. It is almost Easter time! The move to MV is pay-to-play, make no mistake. Maybe it won’t be terrible and make all of the kids cry (DC United made championship bracket of Generation Adidas Cup and it is a similar model), but it is what it is. Cut a fat check and you little Messi’s player rating goes up mysteriously. Not for me or my son and not best for developing players. We will be moving on from OC DA. To each his own.
                Great. Good luck at the Y. Prob where ur boy belongs anyways.

Comment

Great. Good luck at the Y. Prob where ur boy belongs anyways.
                  Yeap, heading to the Y. Better coaching that OC DA is offering. You people amaze me. Amazing what people do when they realize they have no really good options and have spent so much time and energy fighting over which of the less than ideal options is least bad. Have fun.

Comment

Yeap, heading to the Y. Better coaching that OC DA is offering. You people amaze me. Amazing what people do when they realize they have no really good options and have spent so much time and energy fighting over which of the less than ideal options is least bad. Have fun.
                    Will do and make sure u wear ur swim trunks when taking laps at the Y pool while ur kid is on the soccer field. Good luck. Maybe after a year at the Y you can give GCF a try

Comment

DC United U17 got results in GA Cup only because of 2001 guest player from Bethesda SC who plays up at U19 and scores repeatedly. Stanford commit.

Not proof that pay-to-play works to make good MLS DA.

Actually proves opposite -- best player in area chooses non-MLS DA

Comment

DC United U17 got results in GA Cup only because of 2001 guest player from Bethesda SC who plays up at U19 and scores repeatedly. Stanford commit.

Not proof that pay-to-play works to make good MLS DA.

Actually proves opposite -- best player in area chooses non-MLS DA
                        Do you really know who becomes the next great male Orlando soccer stud between the ages of 11-15?

Comment

Do you really know who becomes the next great male Orlando soccer stud between the ages of 11-15?
                          Referring to DC area kid who chooses to play at non-MLS DA club.

Of course i have no idea about ages 11-15 in Orlando

Comment

Fun is right. The coaching is better

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2217864]Oh - sorry, my mistake!

I guess everything's great and MV will be providing bunnies and lollipops to everyone free of charge! Since they are "non-profit" they can just take it out of their boarding school profits that they didn't have any use for anyway.[/QUOTE

Hey peeps wake up and smell the coffee. MV is in business to make money from educating and boarding students for a fee and not to provide free soccer services. OC pro are not in the business of running an academy.OC owners are in the business of buying companies and then selling for a profit ,Peeps just open eyes and know what you are getting into and if the shoe fits put it on and wear it. My two cents worth is MV and OC are good for each other.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2221805]
                                Oh - sorry, my mistake!

I guess everything's great and MV will be providing bunnies and lollipops to everyone free of charge! Since they are "non-profit" they can just take it out of their boarding school profits that they didn't have any use for anyway.[/QUOTE

Hey peeps wake up and smell the coffee. MV is in business to make money from educating and boarding students for a fee and not to provide free soccer services. OC pro are not in the business of running an academy.OC owners are in the business of buying companies and then selling for a profit ,Peeps just open eyes and know what you are getting into and if the shoe fits put it on and wear it. My two cents worth is MV and OC are good for each other.
                                Their tryout brochure states fully DA funded next season (boys). You know something different?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X