Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDP League

How has EDP been for everyone this year? Competition good? A lot of blow outs and forfeits in some leagues, especially in club v club, ouch. NPL now being rebranded to include a team v team model. Does that level playing field?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    How has EDP been for everyone this year? Competition good? A lot of blow outs and forfeits in some leagues, especially in club v club, ouch. NPL now being rebranded to include a team v team model. Does that level playing field?
    First year for my kid playing EDP and it sucked. Lousy kick and run, rugby teams, crappy fields-including a baseball field in the back of a middle school for a U16 game, no college exposure at "major" showcases and too much travel for what it was. JMO

Comment

First year for my kid playing EDP and it sucked. Lousy kick and run, rugby teams, crappy fields-including a baseball field in the back of a middle school for a U16 game, no college exposure at "major" showcases and too much travel for what it was. JMO
      Yes showcases a waste of time. Barely ever saw a coach at the two we did.

Comment

AWFUL, my sons team qualified for NL finals after coming in first place in their age group and EDP decided to send the 3rd place team to represent the league. Our boys played their last 2 games like it was the World Cup trying to make the NL finals, and were told on the day after they took 1st place that they weren't going. Just awful that the teams who came in 1st and 2nd, who both deserved the right to go, were told they couldn't because winning their division wasn't good enough. It's all good though, the team that went did awful. Glad they represented the league the way we knew they would. See ya EDP

Comment

AWFUL, my sons team qualified for NL finals after coming in first place in their age group and EDP decided to send the 3rd place team to represent the league. Our boys played their last 2 games like it was the World Cup trying to make the NL finals, and were told on the day after they took 1st place that they weren't going. Just awful that the teams who came in 1st and 2nd, who both deserved the right to go, were told they couldn't because winning their division wasn't good enough. It's all good though, the team that went did awful. Glad they represented the league the way we knew they would. See ya EDP
          That makes no sense. What was their reasoning?

Comment

That makes no sense. What was their reasoning?
            Because they did not compete in State Cup. If they couldn't play in that league and win advancement, why allow them to play in that league, other than for money. Money to participate in State Cup, and registration money because they would have played in NPL if they could not play in NL

Comment

Yes showcases a waste of time. Barely ever saw a coach at the two we did.
              There were tons of coaches at the EDP Showcases we attended.

Comment

Lots of D3 coaches at EDP showcases, not a lot of D1.

Comment

Any D1 that shows is for a specific kid they have been following. Went through this first hand with my son a few years back. And if you are interested in D1 the coach will tell you that you are better off going to their id camps because most D1 will not travel to these showcase circuses for a kid they havent been following. I know this first hand. Before you say "id is a cash grab for that school" I would rather pay them and have my kid looked at for a few hours then travelling, wasting money on hotels etc for 3 days.

Comment

Because they did not compete in State Cup. If they couldn't play in that league and win advancement, why allow them to play in that league, other than for money. Money to participate in State Cup, and registration money because they would have played in NPL if they could not play in NL
                    There has to be more to the story than this

Comment

Which is perfectly fine. That's an appropriate level for most of them, D3 or low level D1. There's many ways to play in college. Find the path that suits your skill level and interest.

Comment

What level was the team competing in? It makes a huge difference. Anything below tier 2 is very weak.

Comment

My bad, I meant good schools with decent soccer programs weren't there. My kid isn't interested in the College of Staten Island...

Comment

My bad, I meant good schools with decent soccer programs weren't there. My kid isn't interested in the College of Staten Island...
                            https://www.edpsoccer.com/collegecommitments

List of EDP National League college commits. Scroll down, the girls is 15 pages long. Perhaps you need to consider Staten Island?

Comment

https://www.edpsoccer.com/collegecommitments

List of EDP National League college commits. Scroll down, the girls is 15 pages long. Perhaps you need to consider Staten Island?
                              LOL. If not, Coney Island.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X