Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He is a good guy but those girls are all of the best players in the state recruited from different teams (Pawtucket, EP, Cranston, Cumberland, Warwick and Bristol).
    That’s not what Superliga is about, Oscar needs to step in and not allow that team to continue to dominate. The 2007 girls group is thinning out and with this team blowing out everyone isn’t right.
    Superligua is about letting kids play and develop while having fun.
    Don’t get me wrong I’m not blaming him or the kids who are the top players we’ve come up against, they just need to play in a different league that’s a higher level.
    Been out a few years - didn't Superliga have a four town rule for teams? That was designed to prop up premier clubs and weaker town programs..

Comment

Been out a few years - didn't Superliga have a four town rule for teams? That was designed to prop up premier clubs and weaker town programs..
      SuperLiga is about bringing in the $$$. Rules are ignored/changed to keep that money coming in!

Comment

u12

The other teams are trying to compete with this team and are pulling in kids from other towns. The rosters of WFF, Portsmouth, and Ocean State have kids from towns all over too. Oscar is a sleep at the wheel or doesn’t care anymore.

Comment

Not sure if the multi-town recruiting is as pervasive as that yet, although I’m sure it will become more so if it’s allowed to prosper. My understanding is that the fall Portsmouth team was all girls who have been playing on their town teams since Ulittle, with one or two exceptions at most.

Comment

The other teams are trying to compete with this team and are pulling in kids from other towns. The rosters of WFF, Portsmouth, and Ocean State have kids from towns all over too. Oscar is a sleep at the wheel or doesn’t care anymore.
            Is there nothing wrong with trying hard to gain an anvatage over little boys and little girls?

Comment

On the boys side Pawtucket u12 beat Providence U12 5-3 at WWIS . We now know who is the best .

Comment

On the boys side Pawtucket u12 beat Providence U12 5-3 at WWIS . We now know who is the best .
                Pawtucket DA

Comment

How many kids are from Pawtucket on this team. Lol

Comment

Bruno knocks off Pawtucket, then Providence beats Bruno for the second time in two days to win the session. Providence team is full of 08s while Pawtucket is full of 07s & I doubt their roster all comes from the respective towns. Lots of talent on both teams either way, Bruno & WFF put out strong teams as well.

Comment

So what do you all see happening with Super Liga over the next couple years if the club proliferation continues and Soccer RI goes all-in on the "town select team" model?

Comment

Superligua

Superligua needs to make some big changes or it will be going away.
                        Not from Soccer RI, they can’t get out of their own way.

Comment

What changes would you suggest?

Comment

Superligua

Do not allow these “super teams” like Providence Pumas U12 girls to dominate. They pull the best premier club players from around the area. How does a true town team compete with them. Superligua use to be town teams with players from the town. Not the best players from Bayside, GPS and NEFC.
                            Don’t get me wrong these girls are great players but should stay in premier soccer.

Comment

Some of the town teams look to be keeping it close with Providence this season, so maybe it is possible, at least sometimes.

But the real question is what can actually be done to keep things “fair”? More and more town players seem to joining premier clubs, so just capping those players creates problems too, (I assume this is why they lifted the limit).

Comment

Some of the town teams look to be keeping it close with Providence this season, so maybe it is possible, at least sometimes.

But the real question is what can actually be done to keep things “fair”? More and more town players seem to joining premier clubs, so just capping those players creates problems too, (I assume this is why they lifted the limit).
                                Make a town limit 2-3 would kill everything

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X