X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ..lumpy and cognitively behind
    Come on man. That’s a terrible thing to say about your wife, even if it’s technically true. Be best.

Comment

Boom! Poor guy will be languishing in the PSPL. But, hey, his GAA should be pretty good. Our OYSA team has played against him multiple times and he is the reason they stay close in their games. He'd often stop the 15-20 shots we'd get off on him. Usually, our boys have to work hard to get our 1 or 2 goals, if that.

Smart money says he moves to Harmony next year. They'll certainly have way more exposure to offer him. Assuming he'd be able to replace the current keeper at WaTimbers...
      He played for Washington Timbers in futsal last winter, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

He played for Washington Timbers in futsal last winter, if I'm not mistaken.
        And how did he do? Sounds like the road is already paved for him to transition over.

Comment

And how did he do? Sounds like the road is already paved for him to transition over.
          He did fine--especially considering that size is not always an advantage in futsal.

What club he plays for is, of course, his business--being on the south side of the Columbia, I've no idea why he's at FCSC instead of WashT. He might like it better; commuting out to Harmony might be too much of a hassle, plenty of reasons.

Comment

A lot of these big kids aren't actually big at all, they were just bigger at 12-14. You dump resources into them based on that and you deserve a bad outcome.

It's the oldest story in American soccer.

Comment

Westside vs FC Portland tomorrow morning should be interesting. The top goal scoring tandem a couple of years ago (RF & AP), now on opposite sides going at each other!

Comment

Westside vs FC Portland tomorrow morning should be interesting. The top goal scoring tandem a couple of years ago (RF & AP), now on opposite sides going at each other!
                Westside you are 💩, playing ML and RF in summer tourneys at the expense of the kids who will fill your roster this year is chicken chit and short sighted. If you are doing it to recruit later when they get kicked off TA then you are even scummier than thought. Winning these pathetic local summer tourneys means nothing....

Comment

Just guest-playing in summer tournaments. Still on TA. Apparently has a good relationship with SE, who coached at FC for a year. (And one of Steven's assistants is this year McMinnville legend Frankie Lopez, who I guess goes way back with RF).

And at Clash, RF was being RF, both good and bad. Got into a little feud with the Cuervos sideline, many of whom were taunting him--incorrectly--about getting cut from the Timbers. Since Cuervos is playing in Beaverton Cup, should be interesting.

But, kid can ball. Easily one of the cleverest 05s around, and talented as hell.
                  RF is a joke- hyper aggressive early grower with a chitty attitude, no self control and an even bigger joke of a father. He will soon be forgotten when he self implodes, seen it too many times

Comment

OMG I can't wait. I am heading out to the field in about an hour to start setting up so I can get a good spot. I hope they don't turn on the sprinklers. My tent is waterproof just in case.

Comment

Westside you are 💩, playing ML and RF in summer tourneys at the expense of the kids who will fill your roster this year is chicken chit and short sighted. If you are doing it to recruit later when they get kicked off TA then you are even scummier than thought. Winning these pathetic local summer tourneys means nothing....
                      Are you expecting someone to get kicked off of TA? ML just joined, and as far as I'm aware RF remains a member in good standing.

While your concerns about playing time are noted--rest assured we've had quite a few players on vacation, one starter who is injured, and there's plenty of playing time to go around. We're also using guest players from our own B team, and they are getting minutes as well(or did in Clash). With five games in three days, there will be ample opportunity for everyone to get game time.

Comment

I hope they don't turn on the sprinklers. My tent is waterproof just in case.
                        Since the game is on turf, I don't think you have to worry.

Comment

RF is a joke- hyper aggressive early grower with a chitty attitude, no self control and an even bigger joke of a father. He will soon be forgotten when he self implodes, seen it too many times
                          He maintained control at Clash. Both of his yellow cards were well-earned and quite intentional :); he refrained from earning a third which would have kept him out of the final, and he had the last word with the Crows.

He's been training with WT quite a bit, and seems to get along with everyone--including his soon-to-be Timbers teammate, who he infamously sent to the ER a few years back....

Comment

He maintained control at Clash. Both of his yellow cards were well-earned and quite intentional :); he refrained from earning a third which would have kept him out of the final, and he had the last word with the Crows.

He's been training with WT quite a bit, and seems to get along with everyone--including his soon-to-be Timbers teammate, who he infamously sent to the ER a few years back....
                            Dang Copa Dad, I am actually surprised to hear you rationalize this crap. I really don't care how many excuses you throw out, there is no justifying playing non rostered kids as "guest players." It is bad enough that your team is doing clash and addidas cup, but then again you are mandated to go through the timber carwash. However, many other clubs have kids on vacations and use the opportunity to play kids up. You are not. I am fairly certain that you keep track of aying time, and I am willing to bet RF and ML have logged waaaaaay more minutes than the B teamers. You do relaize how poorly this reflects on your coach, your team and your club, right? This is why Westside is viewed as such a flaming pile of horse excrement. This is why your team has not, can not and will not win anything of substance. But then again, back to back losses of 0-4 probably justify shadiness, right? Please do not ever come on here again and try to claim how great westside is. You are a joke.

Comment

ML wasn't at that game--and I suspect there was some energy conversation going on. WT only needed a tie, and got it. Evidently it worked, as they hoisted the Laser Engraved Log Slice™ the next day.

More generally, WT seems to have issues with big fast keepers. AK at FC Portland gives them fits (he used to play for Westside, so I'm sure he enjoys facing us), and Salmon Creek's keeper is just as big and nearly as skilled. (Why he isn't playing for WashT is an interesting question, if I might toss an M80 into the pond...)
                              Trandlation: we suck, have no depth, and are not above chesting to try and win mediocre tournaments.

Comment

Dang Copa Dad, I am actually surprised to hear you rationalize this crap. I really don't care how many excuses you throw out, there is no justifying playing non rostered kids as "guest players." It is bad enough that your team is doing clash and addidas cup, but then again you are mandated to go through the timber carwash. However, many other clubs have kids on vacations and use the opportunity to play kids up. You are not. I am fairly certain that you keep track of aying time, and I am willing to bet RF and ML have logged waaaaaay more minutes than the B teamers. You do relaize how poorly this reflects on your coach, your team and your club, right? This is why Westside is viewed as such a flaming pile of horse excrement. This is why your team has not, can not and will not win anything of substance. But then again, back to back losses of 0-4 probably justify shadiness, right? Please do not ever come on here again and try to claim how great westside is. You are a joke.
                                I actually have mixed feelings on RF being around--like I said, he's been RF, good and bad. No meltdowns in the five games at Clash, and he skirts the line between "physical" and "dirty", and it's been a while since we've had any misbehaving parents on our sideline. I do worry about the rest of the team overly depending on him in summer play and having to re-adjust in fall and winter when he returns to the Timbers.

I won't apologize generally for having guest players in summer tournaments--GS was playing for WashT, and I wouldn't cry foul were TE or GM to suit up for FC tomorrow. I don't keep track of minutes, but everyone was getting plently in Clash. Other than the final, in which the roster was tightened a bit, everyone was getting rotated out, and SE and FL (SE missed Saturday and Sunday matches due to a personal conflict) were actively experimenting with the roster and formations.

Given that TA shuts down completely in the summer, I can see why its players are willing to guest-play for local clubs during June and July.

As for the last part of your comment... here, fishy fishy!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X