Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Please delete this, people cannot seem to understand the equal pay is not for being women vs men, the teams (both) have an employer, the US federation and perform the same duties for a lot less pay. So how would you like to be working and knowing the person doing the same job next to your cubicle is getting 10 to 100 times more pay and benefits, you would be crying for equal pay then too.
    They don’t do the same job.

When the USWNT plays men, and vice versa, then they will be doing the same job.

Also, segregation by gender is a discriminatory practice.

There isn’t a female only work place.

There isn’t a male only workplace.

That’s illegal everywhere else but sports.

It’s time to end such discrimination and segregation in sports.

Noticed you ignored these, let’s see if you’ll answer them now:

Men are superior athletes.

Who is better, Messi or Rapinoe In soccer?

Mighty Mouse Johnson or Nunes in UFC fighting.

Kevin Durant or Sue Bird (Rapinoes girlfriend) in basketball?

Settle this whole equality debate once afford all.

Stop the discrimination and segregation of genders in sports.

EQUALITY for all.

Comment

They don’t do the same job.

When the USWNT plays men, and vice versa, then they will be doing the same job.

Also, segregation by gender is a discriminatory practice.

There isn’t a female only work place.

There isn’t a male only workplace.

That’s illegal everywhere else but sports.

It’s time to end such discrimination and segregation in sports.

Noticed you ignored these, let’s see if you’ll answer them now:

Men are superior athletes.

Who is better, Messi or Rapinoe In soccer?

Mighty Mouse Johnson or Nunes in UFC fighting.

Kevin Durant or Sue Bird (Rapinoes girlfriend) in basketball?

Settle this whole equality debate once afford all.

Stop the discrimination and segregation of genders in sports.

EQUALITY for all.
      You sir are daft, quit trying to make it men v women. It is and always will be pay for representing the US in a tournament.

Comment

You sir are daft, quit trying to make it men v women. It is and always will be pay for representing the US in a tournament.
        It’s not silly or foolish to call for the end of segregation and discrimination in sports by gender.

Women served with me and other men as my battle buddies in my combat unit in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Some of those women who fought bravely beside me in my unit, gave their life in combat for our country, protecting me, their buddies and you.

If we’ve ended gender discrimination in the military for combat, then it’s about time we end it for sports.

One nation, one team, one flag.

What are you and Rapinoe afraid off when it comes to direct competition for a job with all races, orientations and genders combined?

Comment

Time and place for everything

Seemed to me that the women's players did not represent the US. They were shameful as a team in their actions against nations that are struggling in just having a women's team and could care less about those who are not playing a game but are serving their nation so that anyone in this nation can play. As for freedom of speech. Well sir or madam, there is a time and place for everything and when one is wearing the uniform of the nation they are supposed to be representing the nation and not pushing any personal agenda. If they are anti-american so be it. Friends of mine have died for them to be idiots but they should not be idiots while wearing the nations colors.

Comment

It’s not silly or foolish to call for the end of segregation and discrimination in sports by gender.

Women served with me and other men as my battle buddies in my combat unit in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Some of those women who fought bravely beside me in my unit, gave their life in combat for our country, protecting me, their buddies and you.

If we’ve ended gender discrimination in the military for combat, then it’s about time we end it for sports.

What are you and Rapinoe afraid off when it comes to direct competition for a job with all races, orientations and genders combined?
            You are playing a card you did not earn. And for the record, the women's national team has lost repeatedly to U15 boys academy teams while training to try to speed up their game in scrimmages. So please drop that Nike ad lies.

Comment

You are playing a card you did not earn. And for the record, the women's national team has lost repeatedly to U15 boys academy teams while training to try to speed up their game in scrimmages. So please drop that Nike ad lies.
              I don’t know what you’re talking about as it pertains to cards.

That’s something snobs from places like NY and California like to pull on us southern boys, who make up almost 50% of the volunteer US Armed forces, when they disagree with us and don’t know us.

I love how I’m anonymous, your anonymous, yet I haven’t called you a snob, but you called me a liar.

I guess you’re God like, right? What hubris.

For ignorant people like you, women served in convoy units that took 11B’s like me to and from the front lines, drawing fire, returning fire, dealing with IED’s, etc.

Talk to a Vet if you don’t believe me, but I bet from your attitude you might not associate with them.

Where I come from they give us coins.

Willing to bet that I’d win in a challenge against you at the NCO Club.

The Ad features Mia Hamm besting Michael Jordan in numerous athletic competitions. It’s a Gatorade ad. My bad.

Nike’s new one about gender equality doesn’t have the song. It’s the Gatorade one.

Again, why is it silly or foolish to call for the end of segregation and discrimination in sports by gender.

Comment

That’s something snobs from places like NY and California like to pull on us southern boys, who make up almost 50% of the volunteer US Armed forces, when they disagree with us and don’t know us.

I love how I’m anonymous, your anonymous, yet I haven’t called you a snob, but you called me a liar.

For ignorant people like you, women served in convoy units that took 11B’s like me to and from the front lines, drawing fire, returning fire, dealing with IED’s, etc.

Talk to a Vet if you don’t believe me, but I bet from your attitude you might not associate with them.

The Ad features Mia Hamm besting Michael Jordan in numerous athletic competitions. It’s a Gatorade ad. My bad.

Nike’s new one about gender equality doesn’t have the song. It’s the Gatorade one.

Again, why is it silly or foolish to call for the end of segregation and discrimination in sports by gender.

Hall of Famer Julie Foudy: ‘Equal pay’ fight by Megan Rapinoe, USWNT about so much more

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/socc...r1dl3rszamfu2d

"The FIFA World Cup is a monster attraction; an estimated 3.5 billion watched last summer's event. However, the FIFA Women's World Cup this year drew a billion viewers worldwide. The women are getting 7.5 percent of the men's prize money while drawing 28.5 percent of their audience. If the women got 28.5 percent of the men's payout, their purse this summer would have gone from $30 million to $114 million."

Comment

Hall of Famer Julie Foudy: ‘Equal pay’ fight by Megan Rapinoe, USWNT about so much more

"The FIFA World Cup is a monster attraction; an estimated 3.5 billion watched last summer's event. However, the FIFA Women's World Cup this year drew a billion viewers worldwide. The women are getting 7.5 percent of the men's prize money while drawing 28.5 percent of their audience. If the women got 28.5 percent of the men's payout, their purse this summer would have gone from $30 million to $114 million."
                  Not to mention that the US MNT did not play in last summers FIFA World Cup so you could argue that the US MNT drew 0.0 percent of the viewers worldwide.

Comment

In the current four year Women’s World Cup Cycle, Forbes estimated that the women will generate total revenue of $130 million dollars.

The Men made $4 Billion in total revenue for their Russia World Cup Cycle for FIFA.

Your math doesn’t make sense.

Women’s soccer would cease to exist with Foudy’s math.

Thank God Foudy isn’t an accountant.

Foudy and you seem to struggle with basic math.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...justified/amp/

Comment

thank you for your service. completely agree with you here. Let there be ONE US NATIONAL TEAM for soccer that selects the best players from all genders. Nothing divides you but ability on the field.

Seeing as the women can't beat 15 year old boys, I don't think the women would have to worry much about equal pay, they wouldnt' be on the team.

Comment

Not to mention that the US MNT did not play in last summers FIFA World Cup so you could argue that the US MNT drew 0.0 percent of the viewers worldwide.
                        Get your arse back in the kitchen.

Comment

Seemed to me that the women's players did not represent the US. They were shameful as a team in their actions against nations that are struggling in just having a women's team and could care less about those who are not playing a game but are serving their nation so that anyone in this nation can play. As for freedom of speech. Well sir or madam, there is a time and place for everything and when one is wearing the uniform of the nation they are supposed to be representing the nation and not pushing any personal agenda. If they are anti-american so be it. Friends of mine have died for them to be idiots but they should not be idiots while wearing the nations colors.
                          Cry me a river.

Sincerely,

Justin Timberlake

Comment

Please delete this, people cannot seem to understand the equal pay is not for being women vs men, the teams (both) have an employer, the US federation and perform the same duties for a lot less pay. So how would you like to be working and knowing the person doing the same job next to your cubicle is getting 10 to 100 times more pay and benefits, you would be crying for equal pay then too.
                            Well, the truly fair solution would be to make all teams mixed gender and allow the best at the sport compete against each other regardless of race, gender, etc.

However, no significant number of women would end up actually playing on the men's side (a few might be exceptional enough to make a roster) and it would effectively end female sports at the professional and national level.

So, in essence, the women's game is protected by banning men. Although, if there are allowances for transgendered individuals and other similar situations . . . the women's game might be undermined and destroyed by social policy anyways.

Comment

Well, the truly fair solution would be to make all teams mixed gender and allow the best at the sport compete against each other regardless of race, gender, etc.

However, no significant number of women would end up actually playing on the men's side (a few might be exceptional enough to make a roster) and it would effectively end female sports at the professional and national level.

So, in essence, the women's game is protected by banning men. Although, if there are allowances for transgendered individuals and other similar situations . . . the women's game might be undermined and destroyed by social policy anyways.
                              This is such a 1970s perspective. Come out of your cave. Remember the Billie Jean vs. Bobby Riggs "Battle of the Sexes"? Once they played that match the whole world saw the injustice to the women and the whole league re-evaluated women's pay and purses. It led to the explosion of popularity of the women's game and the much larger prize money they deserved. Women's soccer is at the same stage in the world.

You'll be left in the dust cave-man.

Comment

Enough with the stupidity

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X