• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISL Boys Soccer 2013

ISL soccer 2013 is now underway!

St. Mark's, Rivers, and Lawrence will be the strongest sides next fall

Comment

What will make St. Mark's good next year? I mean they where a mid table team last season, why will they be good the next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        What will make St. Mark's good next year? I mean they where a mid table team last season, why will they be good the next season?
        So the top 6 (last 3 tied) here

1/2. Brooks, Rivers
        3. RL
        4/5/6 BH/Groton/LA

Why is each dropping?

Comment

rivers will be without their 2 rev players. what makes them so good?

Comment

rivers will be without their 2 rev players. what makes them so good?
            Why not? The waiver program is still in effect and will remain so indefinitely.

Comment

St. Mark's is losing their top goal scorer, but gaining many future academy level players who are technical and will increase the level of the game. Last year they primarily depended on kick and run soccer but this year they will have a more technical team with 8+ club players.
              Sad to see rivers kids leaving for academy after being Co-champions last year. Shows their dedication to their school

Comment

St. Mark's is losing their top goal scorer, but gaining many future academy level players who are technical and will increase the level of the game. Last year they primarily depended on kick and run soccer but this year they will have a more technical team with 8+ club players.
                Sad to see rivers kids leaving for academy after being Co-champions last year. Shows their dedication to their school
                Future academy players will not be able to play ISL in the near future so schools that depend on those players will have this year to include 98 pre-academy players thereafter no more waivers. Time is fast approaching that players will have to make the choice - academy or ISL school.

Comment

ISL Waivers

If there are waivers, they only apply to kids who cannot afford to pay school fees. Anyone know how many there are? And then there are kids who don't have waivers but return to their Academy teams for the Spring.

Comment

If there are waivers, they only apply to kids who cannot afford to pay school fees. Anyone know how many there are? And then there are kids who don't have waivers but return to their Academy teams for the Spring.
                    It's going to change there will be NO waivers within the next 24 months.

Comment

Rivers

Can't blame players going to Academy. They are taking the toughest road. To be admired. Being coached by a teacher is not the same as being coached by a pro.

Comment

Isl

It makes no diference. Always a way round the waiver system. Revs don't play in the fall - Bolts bring back players for the spring etc etc

Comment

Isl

Academy teams can add players in the spring, so who carees about the waivers.

Comment

Can't blame players going to Academy. They are taking the toughest road. To be admired. Being coached by a teacher is not the same as being coached by a pro.
                            This is a bit over the top. Not all school coaches are just teachers that coach. There are a couple that could just as easily be coaching DAP teams. It may be only a couple, but its not fair to those coaches to lump them in with all the others.

Comment

Agreed. Lots of excellent coaches in the ISL who are great technicians and teachers of the game. Many have college and club soccer coaching backgrounds and most have advanced national licensees. The best coaches do more than coach soccer they help prepare young men for life after soccer. That is where the ISL coaches truly excel.

With Academy coaches I have found that the coaching quality varies a good deal. I like the coaches at the Revs more personally but think the Bolts have a better overall coaching staff. Unfortunately a number of the "better" academy coaches with strong track records are people I wouldn't my kid to play for. One the reasons why I chose the ISL route for my son.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X