• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is she going to camp?
    So she can get recruited with an admissions tip, and get
    need-based aid that you call a scholarship,
    A network for life, and a degree from the most prestigious global brand short of an Olympic gold medal.
    Harvard for gals is different than Harvard for boys. Boys can be part of secret society; girls are not invited. Girls are considered chattel still at H, unfortunately.

Comment

Harvard for gals is different than Harvard for boys. Boys can be part of secret society; girls are not invited. Girls are considered chattel still at H, unfortunately.
      Not just at H.

Comment

Not just at H.
        Lost of Kavanaughs coming out of Preps and headed Ivy.

Comment

Look up Harvard mens soccer team ratings list. I think princeton had something similar with another sport

Comment

Lost of Kavanaughs coming out of Preps and headed Ivy.
            Teach these girls to step up and know where to land a good kick when they need to. Soccer skills r valuable on and off the field.

Dr. Ford deserves to be awarded a hard penalty kick with BK supplying the balls.

Comment

Back when “America was great” ( around the 50s-70s) the tax rate on the wealthy was 70-90%. So why did Trump give a tax break to the wealthy to MAGA? I’m tired of both parties taking so much from us.
              That is interesting. The 1%ers are sitting pretty now though.

Comment

That is interesting. The 1%ers are sitting pretty now though.
                1%ers we're sitting pretty before he came along. Now they r just shoving a red hot poker up every body's a** and laughing.

Comment

Take this discussion to the politics thread, will you!

Comment

1%ers we're sitting pretty before he came along. Now they r just shoving a red hot poker up every body's a** and laughing.
                    Nice Victim mindset. Do you really think the 1%.sit around thinking about pokers and your back. Either they earned it or they were born into it, which is a condition they couldn't help, but in all cases they do the same you would do. Go get a better paying job or stop spending money you dont have. Either way stop asking others to pay.

Comment

Nice Victim mindset. Do you really think the 1%.sit around thinking about pokers and your back. Either they earned it or they were born into it, which is a condition they couldn't help, but in all cases they do the same you would do. Go get a better paying job or stop spending money you dont have. Either way stop asking others to pay.
                      Says you. U vote in your interests and I'll vote in mine. They are not aligned and it comes down to numbers

Comment

Back when “America was great” ( around the 50s-70s) the tax rate on the wealthy was 70-90%. So why did Trump give a tax break to the wealthy to MAGA? I’m tired of both parties taking so much from us.
                        That is a false narrative. Do your own research. No one actually paid anywhere close to those rates due to all of the loopholes. The MSM is not your friend.

Comment

Thanks Michael Moore: https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-richest-paid/

https://taxfoundation.org/taxes-rich-1950-not-high/ ... wondering if that generation was just far wiser and more responsible than ours and knew that they had to bite the bullett to pay for the wars they had just gone through rather than mortgage every generation after them.

Also notice that the lowest brackets used to pay taxes ... if we do that again, i might go with your new tax plan:
                          https://web.stanford.edu/class/polis...20Brackets.pdf

Listen, let's just figure out how much the government needs to spend per year (ads if they ever have enough) and tack on 20% to start paying down our debt and having a small emergency fund). Then, apply that to tax brackets in a graduated fashion to hit that magic number ... everyone pays their fair share (wealthy can pay a little more since they have far more disposable income ,... but i am not opposed to a single, flat tax rate above $30k HH income or so ... probably need to adjust that by zip code to account for cost of living differences) and no one gets stuck with a 90% tax bill which is just the stupidest idea ever ... that is NOT capitalism). I am not sure exactly what the brackets or exact numbers would be but something like below .... just have a graduated flat tax on all monies earned in a given calendar year (wages, tips, dividends, interest .....) and be done ... no more tax returns either ... just tie everything earned to SSNs and zip codes.

Per HH:
                          $0-30k: 10%
                          $30k-100k: 12.5%
                          $100k-300k: 15%
                          $300k-$750k: 17.5%
                          $750K+: 20%

Vote for me in 2020 and you will all save money, we will pay off the national debt and you wont have to fill out tax returns ....and i dont give a crap about N Korea or the middle east, so i will bring all of our troops home in my first year!!

Comment

We don't even have to do back to astronomical rates to balance the budget and spend some on things Americans care about like improving education, infrastructure, lower cost healthcare. Raise rates a few points higher than before on the wealthy and corporations, get rid of a lot of loopholes. But that would require to GOP to have a spine, something the party has collectively lost.

Comment

We don't even have to do back to astronomical rates to balance the budget and spend some on things Americans care about like improving education, infrastructure, lower cost healthcare. Raise rates a few points higher than before on the wealthy and corporations, get rid of a lot of loopholes. But that would require to GOP to have a spine, something the party has collectively lost.
                              Silly person. Don't you realize that governments have figured out that you can layer in different user taxes and fees without actually having to raise taxes. It's pretty simple actually. Look at the annual federal, state, and municipal budgets that you pay into and compare them to the 50's. You'll see that adjusted for inflation the size of government has grown exponentially. You can talk about giving more services to the proletariat all that you like it still comes back to paying for them all. I love free **** so if you want to balance the books here is a plan. Start by legalizing all vices and taxing the hell out of them. There's billions in new revenue that currently are in the black market. Next institute a .01 per transaction fee on all stock and bond trades in the US. Last month alone there 3,151,756,759. Time for Wall Street to pony up their fare share.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X