Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You do not factor in the special contracts that homegrowns are given.
    How much money is Penn Fusion getting from Pulisic's massive contract? Answer: not much. How often do CP's come around in the US? Same answer. Easier, cheaper and faster to hire more European players (although teams are limited in the # of foreign visas they can get).

Comment

How much money is Penn Fusion getting from Pulisic's massive contract? Answer: not much. How often do CP's come around in the US? Same answer. Easier, cheaper and faster to hire more European players (although teams are limited in the # of foreign visas they can get).
      Will they get? Zilch

Could they get if they pushed it? $1m+

Comment

Will they get? Zilch

Could they get if they pushed it? $1m+
        I doubt that they could get a nickel. They are pay-to-play and have already been compensated by Mr. and Mrs. Pulisic and if the club pushed it, I would sue them if I were his parents. The training he received was at their expense in PA and in Europe .... do you really think the club holds a candle for his ability as compared to what his parents did and paid for his training?

http://www.paclassics.org/_files/dow...02018-2019.pdf

Comment

I doubt that they could get a nickel. They are pay-to-play and have already been compensated by Mr. and Mrs. Pulisic and if the club pushed it, I would sue them if I were his parents. The training he received was at their expense in PA and in Europe .... do you really think the club holds a candle for his ability as compared to what his parents did and paid for his training?

http://www.paclassics.org/_files/dow...02018-2019.pdf
          Actually, there was some recent discussions around the subject. It's a grey area on what the development clubs are due. Technically, they are due and it would be substantial. The problem becomes once they open the door, there could be a concern about profiting from child "labor". So, they are, for now, mostly avoiding it.

I believe Deandre Yedlin's club is in a legal battle over it.

Comment

Actually, there was some recent discussions around the subject. It's a grey area on what the development clubs are due. Technically, they are due and it would be substantial. The problem becomes once they open the door, there could be a concern about profiting from child "labor". So, they are, for now, mostly avoiding it.

Was Yedlin's club free or pay-to-play? If it is P2P then they have already been compensated and any winnings should go to the parents. Pulisic's club undertook no financial hit to train him except for checks from his parents. They have been paid in full .... would be very interesting in the courts if people pressed this!

Comment

Was Yedlin's club free or pay-to-play? If it is P2P then they have already been compensated and any winnings should go to the parents. Pulisic's club undertook no financial hit to train him except for checks from his parents. They have been paid in full .... would be very interesting in the courts if people pressed this!
              Crossfire Premier, a pay-to-play club.

Comment

Crossfire Premier, a pay-to-play club.
                P2P has to factor in on this .... in my estimation solidarity and training compensation are for a clubs costs ... if they do not have them, they should not be compensated .... the parents on the other hand .....

"Training compensation is designed to reimburse clubs for their expenses in a player's training, while solidarity is meant to reward clubs for that development, regardless of who paid the fees."

from https://www.si.com/planet-futbol/201...texans-dempsey

I hope the parents challenge these pay-to-play clubs in court and come away with a dramatic win .... would definitely change the landscape here in the US. I am actually all for training compensation when the clubs pay everything to do it .... when they don't, they deserve sh|t.

Comment

Plus do you really think they took a nickel from Pulisic's parents? Of course he was comp'd. That's another very gray area.

Comment

Plus do you really think they took a nickel from Pulisic's parents? Of course he was comp'd. That's another very gray area.
                    I don't think they were poor or cared and if they had any pride they wouldn't ask given there financial condition. That said I would love for all of this to come out in court to be hashed out.

Comment

I don't think they were poor or cared and if they had any pride they wouldn't ask given there financial condition. That said I would love for all of this to come out in court to be hashed out.
                      It's not a matter of financial need. Clubs comp top players all the time, regardless of financial status, as an incentive for them to stay and not go to a competitor.

Comment

It's not a matter of financial need. Clubs comp top players all the time, regardless of financial status, as an incentive for them to stay and not go to a competitor.
                        The clubs think nothing of marketing the crap out of their top players to land the next one footed wonder with parents who have more money than sense. Commitment lists, articles in the club magazine, little team chats with younger teams etc. It’s all good so why shouldn’t the families get comped?

Comment

Agreed, but do you know for a fact that Pulisic was comp'd for his entire club career? What was more valuable, his club time or the time he spent in Europe. How much did that cost in the grand scheme of things and who paid for that? Who invested more in his development, his parents or a particular club? Same for Yedlin.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X