What happened to PDP?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree and disagree. Agree because fees are just stupid expensive but I disagree because the talent you play with is that much higher than all kids on your club team.So far every kid my kids played with are about at their level . I can't say that about their club team. Fortunately the higher the competition the better your kid will be if he or she can sustain . They are just pushed at a higher level than some goofball on their team.always getting kids in trouble .

Comment

Are you talking about NEP PDP? PDP is free, not sure how that is a money grab?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Agree and disagree. Agree because fees are just stupid expensive but I disagree because the talent you play with is that much higher than all kids on your club team.So far every kid my kids played with are about at their level . I can't say that about their club team. Fortunately the higher the competition the better your kid will be if he or she can sustain . They are just pushed at a higher level than some goofball on their team.always getting kids in trouble .
        Where does all of this amazing talent come from? If you play at a strong club the talent is lower.

Comment

No talent is higher because it's supposed to be just the top 1 kid or so that stem from good premeire teams, that makes it after tryouts which usually comes from a coach recomendation. That equates to higher level of training etc but if they start letting just anyone in and able to join then it'll become diluted with just run of the mill players and then will be a complete waste . My kids do premeire pdp and also have been doing futsal for years . The combination of it all is what keeps them.as top players and yes adding a little personal training g one on one will also help even further

Comment

No talent is higher because it's supposed to be just the top 1 kid or so that stem from good premeire teams, that makes it after tryouts which usually comes from a coach recomendation. That equates to higher level of training etc but if they start letting just anyone in and able to join then it'll become diluted with just run of the mill players and then will be a complete waste . My kids do premeire pdp and also have been doing futsal for years . The combination of it all is what keeps them.as top players and yes adding a little personal training g one on one will also help even further
            Wow. Good to hear your kids are top players. Yawn

Comment

It's all relative right, depending on your kid's club team? My soccer hungry kid used it for extra quality training to help make a better team. The new "top" team has more quality players than their prior team, but some aren't good. My players will do PDP again this winter because we've found the coaching to be very good and it's good to get different coaching. It seems the program really peters out by U14 or so, I'm assuming because most of the "top" players are in ECNL and DA by then.

Comment

About half of sporting plays there. C'mon man.

Comment

It’s a money grab dude.

Save this rant and re-read when your kids are 17. The majority of the players you perceive to be great will get out run by the ones you think are run of the mill

Comment

About half of sporting plays there. C'mon man.
                    They have multiple locations. Granted we did it two years ago, but I felt we got our money's worth and there were some good players (no Sporting) where we were

Comment

It’s a money grab dude.

Save this rant and re-read when your kids are 17. The majority of the players you perceive to be great will get out run by the ones you think are run of the mill
                      You are correct. There are some decent players, but definitely not top players. Not CT and not NYC either. Coach recommendation does not always equal top players.

Comment

This idea that little soccer players need to pay extra money at the younger ages to play with other “elite” players is crap. The only thing that 10 and 11 year old soccer players should be concerned with is becoming as skillful as possible. Spend time on the ball, master various moves. This can be done in the driveway or even the basement. If your club team doesn’t have a great winter program then join one of the futsal groups that are around. It helps with first touch, movement and decision making.

Youth soccer is littered with money grabs like summer select, ODP, finishing clinics, speed school etc.

None of them are bad they just aren’t necessary. Half of the ODP players in CT would have no shot at a top club team roster but yet parents are willing to pay

Buyer beware on a lot of this!

Comment

This idea that little soccer players need to pay extra money at the younger ages to play with other “elite” players is crap. The only thing that 10 and 11 year old soccer players should be concerned with is becoming as skillful as possible. Spend time on the ball, master various moves. This can be done in the driveway or even the basement. If your club team doesn’t have a great winter program then join one of the futsal groups that are around. It helps with first touch, movement and decision making.

Youth soccer is littered with money grabs like summer select, ODP, finishing clinics, speed school etc.

None of them are bad they just aren’t necessary. Half of the ODP players in CT would have no shot at a top club team roster but yet parents are willing to pay

Buyer beware on a lot of this!

Your wife spent a lot of time with my ball last night

Comment

Sporting players do play there but a lot of them are actually very skillful if you watch them as individuals . They may not win every game but some of the youngers have skills for days so good for them . If there parents want to up their game so be it. I've seen it help many kids from many different clubs.

Comment

Your wife spent a lot of time with my ball last night
                              heard that about you- One Ball Billy
                              tell us how you lost the other one in your boyfriends arse again- crazy story

Comment

Sporting players do play there but a lot of them are actually very skillful if you watch them as individuals . They may not win every game but some of the youngers have skills for days so good for them . If there parents want to up their game so be it. I've seen it help many kids from many different clubs.
                                The one thing that will help sporting parents is to STFU on the sidelines. The group as a whole is obnoxious and screams nonsense the whole game.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X