Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boys Public High School Soccer: Recruiting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What year in high school should boys start attending soccer camps?
    Summer of sophomore year into junior year. Only the super studs get recruited early, and lower level players can go well into fall of senior year. Not a bad idea to do one at a school you're not that interested in to see what it's like earlier than that (a one day event, close by). Then he's better prepared for what it is like. The multi-school ones seem efficient but they're largely a 2-3 day party for assistant coaches. Go to ones on campus at schools you've got a shot at athletically and academically. You can check out the school then too.

Comment

I say cast an extremely wide net initially to give yourself the best chance to succeed. I'm not saying you contact Harvard/Yale/Princeton/Standford if you don't have a shot at admittance. What I am saying is you should contact 50+ schools, most of which are academic safeties to solid academic matches, but sprinkle in 5 academic reaches you'd like to play soccer at. Don't artificially limit yourself, it's the coach's job to weed people out. Invest the time up front to introduce yourself and you never know what might happen.
      I can tell you exactly what will happen if you don't target the soccer piece well - you'll either be ignored altogether or get a generic email for a camp that a few hundred other players get.

Comment

^^Feel free to check the list above.^^
        oh yes...UMASS Lowell, UMASS Amherst, and UNH....

Comment

oh yes...UMASS Lowell, UMASS Amherst, and UNH....
          Since you are literally too obtuse to insult I will simply wish you happy holidays.

Comment

Train very hard, even when no one is watching. Play a lot, and do offseason leagues and futsal. Have a great coach or trainer/ academy on the side and in the offseason. Reach out to colleges and coaches, and attend ID clinics.
            Mostly agree, just forget futsal. (While Futsal is a great sport and similar to soccer with using feet, it ain't the beautiful game.) Work out and train, hire a private respected coach to train you, reach out to college coaches, not Newbury (2 kids on a posted list will have to scramble to play soccer elsewhere) or St. Joe's (Maine). If player is in HS or plays club, approach head coach, and ask for help. Good luck.

Comment

Mostly agree, just forget futsal. (While Futsal is a great sport and similar to soccer with using feet, it ain't the beautiful game.) Work out and train, hire a private respected coach to train you, reach out to college coaches, not Newbury (2 kids on a posted list will have to scramble to play soccer elsewhere) or St. Joe's (Maine). If player is in HS or plays club, approach head coach, and ask for help. Good luck.
              What's wrong with St. Joe's? They're fine.

Comment

What's wrong with St. Joe's? They're fine.
                D'OH!! St. Joseph's in VERMONT.

Comment

D'OH!! St. Joseph's in VERMONT.
                  I know which one he meant. I have a nephew there.

Comment

More college commitments coming in for high school kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X