Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nike AG-Pro cleats

Has Nike stopped making their top line soccer cleats for artificial grass (AG-PRO)? Only Nike AG-Pro I can find are using the NikeID custom made program. My kids have always liked the Nike Mercurials and Hypervenoms AG-pro models but have outgrown their last pairs. Don’t want to switch to another brand, and don’t want to have to pay for custom cleats but don’t want to use hard ground cleats on turf/artificial turf. Anyone know? Have ideas?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Has Nike stopped making their top line soccer cleats for artificial grass (AG-PRO)? Only Nike AG-Pro I can find are using the NikeID custom made program. My kids have always liked the Nike Mercurials and Hypervenoms AG-pro models but have outgrown their last pairs. Don’t want to switch to another brand, and don’t want to have to pay for custom cleats but don’t want to use hard ground cleats on turf/artificial turf. Anyone know? Have ideas?
    Call Soccer Stuff in Acton. They would know.

Comment

I'll NEVER buy NIKE again!!! I am a 27 year military veteran, and since NIKE decided to support that piece of garbage Kaepernick for insulting me and everyone who has ever served, I made the decision not to support them ever again. Don't get me wrong, I am all for him raising the awareness of social injustice in this country, but he could have found a way to do that without insulting me! To put this in perspective, this is like someone taking a picture of your mother and placing it on the ground, then squatting down and taking a big ole dump on it, and then saying it is to bring awareness for the social injustice in this country?!?! ***??? I have 3 kids that play soccer and buy 2 pairs of cleats for each of them, one indoor and one outdoor, every year, not to mention sports clothes. NEVER NIKE again, EVER!

Comment

Tell us how you really feel.

Comment

I'll NEVER buy NIKE again!!! I am a 27 year military veteran, and since NIKE decided to support that piece of garbage Kaepernick for insulting me and everyone who has ever served, I made the decision not to support them ever again. Don't get me wrong, I am all for him raising the awareness of social injustice in this country, but he could have found a way to do that without insulting me! To put this in perspective, this is like someone taking a picture of your mother and placing it on the ground, then squatting down and taking a big ole dump on it, and then saying it is to bring awareness for the social injustice in this country?!?! ***??? I have 3 kids that play soccer and buy 2 pairs of cleats for each of them, one indoor and one outdoor, every year, not to mention sports clothes. NEVER NIKE again, EVER!
          Troll alert!!
          How did he insult you again?
          Never heard him say anything negative about the military.
          Freedom of speech and the ability to peacefully protest is what separates us from countries like Russian and North Korea.

Comment

Troll alert!!
            How did he insult you again?
            Never heard him say anything negative about the military.
            Freedom of speech and the ability to peacefully protest is what separates us from countries like Russian and North Korea.
            Everyone who has ever served in the Military has sworn an oath to defend that flag. The flag and what is represents has a special meaning to those that have served as many service men and women have died defending that flag. I have lost family members and friends defending it.

36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem
            US Code
            Notes
            prev | next
            (a)Designation.—
            The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
            (b)Conduct During Playing.—During a rendition of the national anthem—
            (1)when the flag is displayed—
            (A)individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
            (B)members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
            (C)all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
            (2)when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
            (Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

No where is it listed that kneeling is a proper way to show respect to the flag, in fact Kaepernick is purposely kneeling to show disrespect and cause a controversy. That is a slap in the face to everyone that has ever served. While it is every American's right to kneel, during the National Anthem, the NFL players are representing a company that has the right to terminate them for doing so.

Kneeling during the National Anthem, to the US flag, is an insult to everyone that has ever served.
            Kaepernick is a worthless jerk for exercising his right to do so.
            So I am exercising my right to not buy Nike product as they support Kaepernick's insulting of all current and former members of the Armed Services.

Comment

Everyone who has ever served in the Military has sworn an oath to defend that flag. The flag and what is represents has a special meaning to those that have served as many service men and women have died defending that flag. I have lost family members and friends defending it.

US Code
              Notes
              prev | next
              (a)Designation.—
              The composition consisting of the words and music known as the Star-Spangled Banner is the national anthem.
              (A)individuals in uniform should give the military salute at the first note of the anthem and maintain that position until the last note;
              (B)members of the Armed Forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute in the manner provided for individuals in uniform; and
              (C)all other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, and men not in uniform, if applicable, should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart; and
              (2)when the flag is not displayed, all present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed.
              (Pub. L. 105–225, Aug. 12, 1998, 112 Stat. 1263; Pub. L. 110–417, [div. A], title V, § 595, Oct. 14, 2008, 122 Stat. 4475.)

No where is it listed that kneeling is a proper way to show respect to the flag, in fact Kaepernick is purposely kneeling to show disrespect and cause a controversy. That is a slap in the face to everyone that has ever served. While it is every American's right to kneel, during the National Anthem, the NFL players are representing a company that has the right to terminate them for doing so.

Kneeling during the National Anthem, to the US flag, is an insult to everyone that has ever served.
              So I am exercising my right to not buy Nike product as they support Kaepernick's insulting of all current and former members of the Armed Services.
              There are many veterans who disagree with you

https://theundefeated.com/features/a...in-kaepernick/

Comment

Walk into any American Legion or VFW hall and ask them. They have been boycotting watching NFL games since the kneeling started, as it was such an insult to them.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/vfw-...agree-1.489529

While there are a few naive individuals both in and out of the military, that don't know any better and think it is ok to kneel, I assure you it is highly offensive to the 95% of the rest of us in the military.

Comment

You used an article from an affirmative action website that says while most military members find it offensive, a couple do not. While the comments by Jackie Robinson are interesting, the world is not the same as it was in his day, and it is offensive and disrespectful to all those in uniform, of all races and color.

Comment

Ok so "NIKE = Anti American" so Don't buy NIKE. Got It.
                    Fortunately there are many other good brands to choose from.

Comment

US Code
                      Notes
                      prev | next
                      (a)Designation.—

I am in no way interested in starting a debate with those that support that douche. But only want to support your service and right to boycott Nike. Thanks for your service...

Comment

I've always had my kids wear artificial turf models since they play and train on turf so much. They also have traditional cleats for grass. They both prefer Mercurials or Hypervenoms as well...

If you like Mercurials, try these:
                        https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/...black_A1016123

or these if you prefer the low cut:
                        https://www.soccer.com/shop/details/...black_A1017934

Comment

What about the 10000 or so fans who are at concessions while anthem is playing? How about all the others in the stadium talking away during anthem?

Comment

What about the 10000 or so fans who are at concessions while anthem is playing? How about all the others in the stadium talking away during anthem?
                            They are being rude as well, but are not representing a company while doing so.

Comment

You don't speak for all veterans. The majority of vets that I know disagree with you. Speak for yourself.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X