Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If it looks like ECNL and smells like ECNL .... then might as well play ECNL rather than playing for a bunch of NPL-level (or lower) teams, coaches, and teammates. Sorry, USSF has no idea what they are doing and this just proves it even more.
    USSF has really turned GDA into a real $h!t show, how disappointing. With All the BS they spun, I bought into it. Now it's just a crap league that limits my kid and sucks up all her time and energy. So sorry we got roped in

Comment

It's been tried. Depending on who you ask:

US Soccer came and and wanted ECNL to take a back seat, and allow them to be the leader. ECNL said "F-No! We've got a model we feel works great for girls so we'll just stick with that, thank you very much."

or

ECNL put a league and place that was exclusionary, and by not allowing more teams entry too many players are not playing there (for differing factors which each family applies individually). With no US Soccer oversight, they felt the women's game was going to (or already had) suffer.
      Or

Us soccer started a development academy fr the boys only 10 years ago and did not bother at all with the girls, That left a huge opportunity for ECNL to exploit - which they did and now a DECADE later, us soccer is showing up to the party. Lots of blame all around IMO.

Comment

Or

Us soccer started a development academy fr the boys only 10 years ago and did not bother at all with the girls, That left a huge opportunity for ECNL to exploit - which they did and now a DECADE later, us soccer is showing up to the party. Lots of blame all around IMO.
        Or: US soccer was facing inequality charges by the women’s team, and in order to avoid future charges of inequality in the Youth game, they threw together a league with no real thought to it. Just about every person they hired to run the league has quit. Now they are overwhelmed and the boys side is falling apart too

Comment

Neither one of these leagues smells very good. Uggg.

Comment

USSF has really turned GDA into a real $h!t show, how disappointing. With All the BS they spun, I bought into it. Now it's just a crap league that limits my kid and sucks up all her time and energy. So sorry we got roped in
            Much of this was predicted. Some people listened. Others did not.

Comment

Here is the most ridiculous statement of the day! Sounds like the ECNL troll to me.

Comment

Put whatever fancy initials you want on your daughters league. College coaches don’t care. They want to see competitive soccer players who play with other strong players. I went into this GDA thing with the thought it would get my daughter into big D1 schools. Maybe 3 or 4 of the girls on her team will be picked up by a big school. The rest of the girls will play lower level D1 or D2&3 schools, and yes, she is on the infamous 02/03 team
                That was your mistake. NO league will get a player into a D1 school. That's up to the player. The only thing you should expect from the league, is for their showcases to attract college scouts. You should expect the club to provide good training.

Comment

Put whatever fancy initials you want on your daughters league. College coaches don’t care. They want to see competitive soccer players who play with other strong players. I went into this GDA thing with the thought it would get my daughter into big D1 schools. Maybe 3 or 4 of the girls on her team will be picked up by a big school. The rest of the girls will play lower level D1 or D2&3 schools, and yes, she is on the infamous 02/03 team
                  You realize that there are already 3 commits to top D1 schools, yes? More to come after Colorado, so keep your double-chin up, and tell your daughter to try harder.

Comment

You realize that there are already 3 commits to top D1 schools, yes? More to come after Colorado, so keep your double-chin up, and tell your daughter to try harder.
                    That's why I said 3 or 4. KT's favorites

Comment

Here is the most ridiculous statement of the day! Sounds like the ECNL troll to me.
                      It is a crap league in the NE.

Comment

It is a crap league in the NE.
                        Both are country club leagues only for middle/upper middle class and up players. It us unfortunate for all the players both those included and those excluded but there is no incentive at all for anything to change.

Comment

Both are country club leagues only for middle/upper middle class and up players. It us unfortunate for all the players both those included and those excluded but there is no incentive at all for anything to change.
                          I can't disagree with you on this statement because its really true. The best kids will never be seen as long as club fees are what they are. And sure there are clubs that do give scholarship's but its the travelling that will still hinder the not so privilege. Its cost way more to travel in these leagues than the cost to be a part of the club.

To the poster above......I wouldn't say that that its a "CRAP" league or leagues but more or less just another league that is there and the only really special thing about either of them is that they have a name that people recognize. It really only works if you are talking to someone that really hasn't a clue about either league or the real benefits. If you think recruiting is a draw verse one league from another then I would say that you are again not in the know, because college coaches could really give a rat's butt on what league you are in, they are looking for PLAYERS or in my words BALLERS and not LaVar Ball's Baller brand lol. Just look at the teams rosters and look up and down the roster. Not every kids comes from the ECNL or GDA.

Comment

I can't disagree with you on this statement because its really true. The best kids will never be seen as long as club fees are what they are. And sure there are clubs that do give scholarship's but its the travelling that will still hinder the not so privilege. Its cost way more to travel in these leagues than the cost to be a part of the club.

To the poster above......I wouldn't say that that its a "CRAP" league or leagues but more or less just another league that is there and the only really special thing about either of them is that they have a name that people recognize. It really only works if you are talking to someone that really hasn't a clue about either league or the real benefits. If you think recruiting is a draw verse one league from another then I would say that you are again not in the know, because college coaches could really give a rat's butt on what league you are in, they are looking for PLAYERS or in my words BALLERS and not LaVar Ball's Baller brand lol. Just look at the teams rosters and look up and down the roster. Not every kids comes from the ECNL or GDA.
                            Not all, but most.

Comment

Not all, but most.
                              But not all.

Comment

But not all.
                                Yeah I guess not all and on the flipside most lol lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X