Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barca Pro vs. SUSA FC: Where will the first game be played?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is huge gamble by both organizations. I don't care what brand it is tied to or who has a financial stake, the soccer business in Long Island is extremely volatile. With the region so robust with soccer related revenue it makes it very likely that a substantial new competitor enters the market every few years. Both Barca and Susa have there merits but they also have their shortcomings that these new players will try to exploit. Some things to consider.

If Barca in succeeds in Kings Park is that the end of Susa's growth through acquisition?

Is their enough good players in Suffolk to provide the backbone and fill roster spots on each club's top teams if they both get their facility?

What happens if Barca's DOC, Dome Gausch, decides he wants to make the lion's share of money and begins his own academy - Who will follow?

Will Barca turn into Susa where there are too many players and too many teams to have meaningful quality control - Will there product get watered down?

It doesn't take much to really hurt enrollment and put a club in danger.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I think it is huge gamble by both organizations. I don't care what brand it is tied to or who has a financial stake, the soccer business in Long Island is extremely volatile. With the region so robust with soccer related revenue it makes it very likely that a substantial new competitor enters the market every few years. Both Barca and Susa have there merits but they also have their shortcomings that these new players will try to exploit. Some things to consider.

If Barca in succeeds in Kings Park is that the end of Susa's growth through acquisition?

Is their enough good players in Suffolk to provide the backbone and fill roster spots on each club's top teams if they both get their facility?

What happens if Barca's DOC, Dome Gausch, decides he wants to make the lion's share of money and begins his own academy - Who will follow?

Will Barca turn into Susa where there are too many players and too many teams to have meaningful quality control - Will there product get watered down?

It doesn't take much to really hurt enrollment and put a club in danger.
      It will be real interesting to watch these two at each other’s throat. People comment that there are to many clubs watering down the player pool but I think these two within 10 miles apart will benefit the player. Until each one figures out the their place on the new soccer landscape they will be giving out deals left and right to get players carded. It should lead to more scholarships - both full and partial - for players in Long Island as they fight for top of the hill.

I still like Susa though - Just by the sheer fact that they have been around longer. I think business acumen in this industry goes a long way.

Comment

The future will be SUSA on the girls side and Barca on the boys side.

Comment

Since Susa is the king of mergers here’s one that’s right up their alley. They should become the exclusive pre academy affiliate of the Cosmos. I think it will provide some stability for both clubs and since Barca isn’t getting a DA any time soon it would give Susa a leg up.

Comment

Since Susa is the king of mergers here’s one that’s right up their alley. They should become the exclusive pre academy affiliate of the Cosmos. I think it will provide some stability for both clubs and since Barca isn’t getting a DA any time soon it would give Susa a leg up.
            Another good thing is if the Italian guys who owns it decides he’s tired of bleeding money it might be possible for Susa to take the reigns if they are already in place.

Comment

Susa will be gone or nearly gone in about 3-5 years. PSG, Bayern, Valencia, Juventus all these euro super clubs are establishing NY roots...what kid or parent wouldn't want to play for any of these clubs? Who is susa compared to these guys? Wait till Real Madrid comes to town.

Comment

Why is it called 'Barca Pro', do the players get paid to play?

Comment

Why is it called 'Barca Pro', do the players get paid to play?
                  No, Just marketing purposes..

Comment

Susa will be gone or nearly gone in about 3-5 years. PSG, Bayern, Valencia, Juventus all these euro super clubs are establishing NY roots...what kid or parent wouldn't want to play for any of these clubs? Who is susa compared to these guys? Wait till Real Madrid comes to town.
                    Real Madrid will be in Connecticut

Comment

Have to disagree...My daughter plays for Susa and truthfully I wouldn't even know there was a Barca anything in NY if it weren't for this forum. They're not even a blip on the radar on the girls side. On the girls side, players flock to leagues and clubs that will provide them with college exposure, they don't care what pro club is establishing local roots.

Comment

Have to disagree...My daughter plays for Susa and truthfully I wouldn't even know there was a Barca anything in NY if it weren't for this forum. They're not even a blip on the radar on the girls side. On the girls side, players flock to leagues and clubs that will provide them with college exposure, they don't care what pro club is establishing local roots.

Barca has signed Allie Long (USWNT) as the technical director for the girls. (that is a pretty big blip on any radar). If your daughter is truly elite....Ally Long has all the right connections you or anyone can think of....you still disagree?

Comment

Barca has signed Allie Long (USWNT) as the technical director for the girls. (that is a pretty big blip on any radar). If your daughter is truly elite....Ally Long has all the right connections you or anyone can think of....you still disagree?
                          Sorry I do. What is the girls program exactly?

Comment

Sorry I do. What is the girls program exactly?

Sorry, I don't know the nature of your question...I believe the Barca Girls program is in its first season this year with Allie Long at the helm. Please feel free to visit the clubs website for any questions you may have. here it is for your convenience

www.barcanya.com

Comment

Maybe click on your own link before you post it. That link does no favors to the barca girls program (or boys program for that matter)

Comment

OP here and yes I still disagree...signing ALLIE Long means virtually nothing to the majority of female players. Not the "big blip" you think it is. Don't get me wrong, I think it's awesome, but when I told my kid about it-she was basically unphased, said-"that's cool". And before you start bashing my kid, no she is not one of the maybe 8 girls currently playing on Long Island that are truly elite, lol. Definitely upper tier player, but not part of the elite 8. And for the *truly* elite players, no way they're walking away from Paul Riley for Allie Long.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X