• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is ODP still relevant in Mass?

Is ODP still relevant in Mass? Or did DA take over

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Odp is relevant to the families involved with the odp program and DA is relevant to the families involved with the DA program. Neither is of great interest to almost anyone else with a few exceptions here and there

Comment

Depends on your child's objective. Exceptional players can take different paths to the national level. I believe that ODP will make a comeback (for national scouts) do to the fact that it is 100% merit based and a much cheaper option to DA. DA will water down ECNL due to the fact that there just aren't enough good players to warrant both divisions playing at a high level.
      Remember , ODP was founded to scout for national level talent and that type of talent is few and far between.
      If your kid wants to play at a high level to get into a D1 school, DA is going to be the new ECNL for the D1 recruitment. Obviously there will be exceptions because there are high level players that stay in NPL because they don't want to be driving 20 hours a week. That is the player that ODP can leverage.

Comment

Depends on your child's objective. Exceptional players can take different paths to the national level. I believe that ODP will make a comeback (for national scouts) do to the fact that it is 100% merit based and a much cheaper option to DA. DA will water down ECNL due to the fact that there just aren't enough good players to warrant both divisions playing at a high level.
        Remember , ODP was founded to scout for national level talent and that type of talent is few and far between.
        If your kid wants to play at a high level to get into a D1 school, DA is going to be the new ECNL for the D1 recruitment. Obviously there will be exceptions because there are high level players that stay in NPL because they don't want to be driving 20 hours a week. That is the player that ODP can leverage.
        Here we go again. How many threads are you going to glorify ODP on?

Comment

This is my kid. Didn’t want DA (turned down opportunity) is multi sport athlete, enjoys HS soccer for various reasons that have little to do with the quality. On top, our family has 3 other busy kids and ECNL is both too far away and still to much travel/cost for our family. My kid has done NPL, NTC, and ODP for our optimum pathway that works for us. Everyone has different circumstances, and thus find the best way for them.

Comment

This is my kid. Didn’t want DA (turned down opportunity) is multi sport athlete, enjoys HS soccer for various reasons that have little to do with the quality. On top, our family has 3 other busy kids and ECNL is both too far away and still to much travel/cost for our family. My kid has done NPL, NTC, and ODP for our optimum pathway that works for us. Everyone has different circumstances, and thus find the best way for them.
            The only ones who don't want to agree with this statement are the ones whose kid's are on an ECNL roster and couldn't actually get the time of day from ODP. Their bitterness is palpable

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              The only ones who don't want to agree with this statement are the ones whose kid's are on an ECNL roster and couldn't actually get the time of day from ODP. Their bitterness is palpable
              Wrong, but good try.

Comment

Was it ever?

Comment

ODP is the "dual cassette deck" of the 21st Century soccer landscape.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    ODP is the "dual cassette deck" of the 21st Century soccer landscape.
                    That’s funny.

Comment

Very funny. I might have agreed with this, until a kid tried out for my kid's high school team and was very vocal (as were her parents) prior to the season about their great ODP experiences. She ended up leading the JV team in scoring.

Comment

Very funny. I might have agreed with this, until a kid tried out for my kid's high school team and was very vocal (as were her parents) prior to the season about their great ODP experiences. She ended up leading the JV team in scoring.
                        My D's college team has a heavily decorated ex-ODP player. It's not a stretch to rank her as #29 on the roster.

Comment

My D's college team has a heavily decorated ex-ODP player. It's not a stretch to rank her as #29 on the roster.
                          lol that made me laugh

Comment

Anyone that lives more than 10 miles from Lancaster and lets their kid play ODP should have their head examined.

Comment

Was it ever?
                              Yes, there was a time, not too long ago, that soccer stars played on the state team and then the new club soccer uprising came and we all agreed to pay big bucks to get the perception of good training/competition/exposure. Fast forward and the only thing that has changed is the entry fee for soccer clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X