• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    DA= top NW competition
    ECNL = solid NW competition
    OYSA = local club team league that have lost top players to ECNL or DA
    PSPL = Washington glorified recreational league
    Preach it.

The DA gets watered down with Oregon's entries from the Timbers/Thorns. FACT

ECNL is so desperate for teams they took neighborhood clubs from Oregon. FACT

OYSA has way too many clubs, and very little quality FACT

The local boys clubs playing among st themselves in the so called boys 'little' DA are simply a metro and salem area league for kiddies, calling them an OYSA 1st or 2nd league mashup is more accurate. FACT

PSPL is a Washington State League. FACT

We are Oregon always have been and always will be. With No consolidation of talent at any club or age group gives rise to the riches of acronyms and labels we all suffer with today, no achievement on the field just whining parents club hopping and they have a better chance to lining the pockets of unemployed soccer bums for private training.

Soccer the Beautiful Game.

Comment

Preach it.

The DA gets watered down with Oregon's entries from the Timbers/Thorns. FACT

ECNL is so desperate for teams they took neighborhood clubs from Oregon. FACT

OYSA has way too many clubs, and very little quality FACT

The local boys clubs playing among st themselves in the so called boys 'little' DA are simply a metro and salem area league for kiddies, calling them an OYSA 1st or 2nd league mashup is more accurate. FACT

PSPL is a Washington State League. FACT

We are Oregon always have been and always will be. With No consolidation of talent at any club or age group gives rise to the riches of acronyms and labels we all suffer with today, no achievement on the field just whining parents club hopping and they have a better chance to lining the pockets of unemployed soccer bums for private training.

Soccer the Beautiful Game.
      Consolidation proposal for 03's: I will host a cocktail event at a place TBD. It will be like a speak-easy and our doormen will turn away any uninvited guests. I will scramble the cell signal and we will all properly punish anyone caught recording the discussions. Invited parents only, no exceptions. We will collectively determine which club, which coach, which leagues, which showcases we participate in. We'll even cover the practice nights, times and locations. Everyone is going to have to give but we'll find a common place like Buckman where it's middle-ground. Then, with our Memorandum of Understanding, we will approach our top club (because you need the affiliations to gain entry into the prestigious tournaments) and offer them our collective $2K * 17 = $34,000 or more if we are all willing to pony up a little more to dictate terms. Please....wait for your invite and prepare to actually contend against S. Cal and NorCal.

Comment

Consolidation proposal for 03's: I will host a cocktail event at a place TBD. It will be like a speak-easy and our doormen will turn away any uninvited guests. I will scramble the cell signal and we will all properly punish anyone caught recording the discussions. Invited parents only, no exceptions. We will collectively determine which club, which coach, which leagues, which showcases we participate in. We'll even cover the practice nights, times and locations. Everyone is going to have to give but we'll find a common place like Buckman where it's middle-ground. Then, with our Memorandum of Understanding, we will approach our top club (because you need the affiliations to gain entry into the prestigious tournaments) and offer them our collective $2K * 17 = $34,000 or more if we are all willing to pony up a little more to dictate terms. Please....wait for your invite and prepare to actually contend against S. Cal and NorCal.
        I don’t have a daughter but I wish this wasn’t a joke. :)

Comment

Thanks for spearheading. Please include potential coaches in our invitation.

Comment

You would do all this when your DD wouldn't have a hope of being on the team?

Comment

You would do all this when your DD wouldn't have a hope of being on the team?
              1. This doesn't have to be a joke. I'll test the waters with a few of those who I know best. If we are too tight with our respective clubs and status within those clubs, we won't be able to make this happen.
              2. We can't invite coaches, because we haven't decided which ones would make the cut. Some are too controversial, some are not strong enough, some don't have the soccer knowledge, some are shady. We'll have to sort out the ones with true character.
              3. Nice jab...and despite my confidence in my daughter, I will say that if a consolidation of this nature came together, and she didn't make the team, I would be very appreciative she'd have a clear benchmark that she could strive to achieve.

Comment

1. This doesn't have to be a joke. I'll test the waters with a few of those who I know best. If we are too tight with our respective clubs and status within those clubs, we won't be able to make this happen.
                2. We can't invite coaches, because we haven't decided which ones would make the cut. Some are too controversial, some are not strong enough, some don't have the soccer knowledge, some are shady. We'll have to sort out the ones with true character.
                3. Nice jab...and despite my confidence in my daughter, I will say that if a consolidation of this nature came together, and she didn't make the team, I would be very appreciative she'd have a clear benchmark that she could strive to achieve.

Who is the best coach for the job of the consolidated 03s

Comment

Tom A. If he was still here they’d already be consolidated.

Comment

Don't confuse the best (recruiting) consolidator with the best coach, in your example it's just not the case.

Comment

They don't coach in the 03's currently.

Comment

They don't coach in the 03's currently.
                        They don’t coach in Oregon.

Comment

I love this with extra emphasis on how key the sorting process is in #2. It would be terrible to (in theory) hand over the best talent in Oregon to someone that doesn't have all of the characteristics and connections to maximize the experience for (and development of) the players. And to keep longevity in mind, because this shouldn't be age-group specific.

It seems many of the commenters in this forum aren't here for the boys' side but I'll ask anyway. Is the thinking that Timbers Academy should be the goal for boys? I'm not averse to the idea, just not convinced it's the best for developing players.

Comment

Well this answer just about sums up soccer over the last 20 years in Oregon. Crappy clubs with even worse coaching staff.

Comment

I love this with extra emphasis on how key the sorting process is in #2. It would be terrible to (in theory) hand over the best talent in Oregon to someone that doesn't have all of the characteristics and connections to maximize the experience for (and development of) the players. And to keep longevity in mind, because this shouldn't be age-group specific.

It seems many of the commenters in this forum aren't here for the boys' side but I'll ask anyway. Is the thinking that Timbers Academy should be the goal for boys? I'm not averse to the idea, just not convinced it's the best for developing players.
                              It needs to happen at younger ages than Timbers offer. u13 is too late, and the kids have fallen too far behind where they should be by that time.

Comment

Well this answer just about sums up soccer over the last 20 years in Oregon. Crappy clubs with even worse coaching staff.
                                Tom made thusc a regional contender. After he left the coaches at crossfire Oregon began to realize how much they needed him. I wouldn't trust a few of the girls coaches at all. Some shady stuff from "college" coaches that don't give a rats about their players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X