Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Gotta be able to spell it out for the amateurs or idiot parents out there. Otherwise how would you read it?
    I've seen this coach out an about!

First time at halftime of a game at Buckman using a cardboard scrap and a crayon to break it all down for the minions.

Then again on the i-5 off ramp exit at Portland Ave using the same cardboard scrap and it was reversed (into a sign!)

You go get em Tiger!

Comment

Even more confusing since their website home page clearly states they're holding supplemental tryouts (their words) November 17. But hey don't let the printed facts from an organization's website get in the way of your gas lighting.
      Maybe they are branching into the OYSA leagues with younger teams and are building a base or PRE DA teams playing OYSA? Local clubs that field US Club teams have many younger teams registered in the OYSA and not US Club. Since their not old enough to travel year round yet by height and weight restrictions. Always ahead of the 'game'. Title IX has created this cluster.

Comment

The DA setup is unlike the local neighborhood club model that features a traditional tryout and supplemental tryout date.

DA can drop or add players at time they like, tryouts are not a requirement. Scouting and recruitment are allowed without any push back.

It's confusing for those not in the US Soccer DA.
        Thank you for trying.

The girls DA is not very desirable in Oregon so it’s always try outs. Drop by. Give it a spin and see if you can get your kid to join.

Rosters are thin so line are open, operators standing by.

Comment

Thank you for trying.

The girls DA is not very desirable in Oregon so it’s always try outs. Drop by. Give it a spin and see if you can get your kid to join.

Rosters are thin so line are open, operators standing by.
          The high school ban makes thorns not desirable for the best players so you get some JV level players on DA. But you make the best with what you got, right.

Comment

The high school ban makes thorns not desirable for the best players so you get some JV level players on DA. But you make the best with what you got, right.
            HS has jv2 players as well. They are playing at travel clubs locally. No joke.

Comment

I've seen this coach out an about!

First time at halftime of a game at Buckman using a cardboard scrap and a crayon to break it all down for the minions.

Then again on the i-5 off ramp exit at Portland Ave using the same cardboard scrap and it was reversed (into a sign!)

You go get em Tiger!
              Was that coach holding a sign witten in crayon begging for $$$ for airline tickets?

Small.world.

Comment

So what! They are just kids trying to play a sport and have fun. Leave them alone.

Comment

Maybe they are branching into the OYSA leagues with younger teams and are building a base or PRE DA teams playing OYSA? Local clubs that field US Club teams have many younger teams registered in the OYSA and not US Club. Since their not old enough to travel year round yet by height and weight restrictions. Always ahead of the 'game'. Title IX has created this cluster.
                  Yes, I'm sure that's what it is. Thorns are completely changing their structure and not telling anyone other than a post on their webpage inviting girls born 2001-2006 to supplemental tryouts. Somehow, parents will instinctively know that this is really for younger girls and for a Pre DA program playing in OYSA, and have their kids born 2007 or later show up.

You Thorns apologists are pathetically desperate.

Comment

Yes, I'm sure that's what it is. Thorns are completely changing their structure and not telling anyone other than a post on their webpage inviting girls born 2001-2006 to supplemental tryouts. Somehow, parents will instinctively know that this is really for younger girls and for a Pre DA program playing in OYSA, and have their kids born 2007 or later show up.

You Thorns apologists are pathetically desperate.

A special kind of insight is reserved for world wide web truthers.

You keep trying bud.

Comment

Supplemental tryouts very poorly attended last night. Not looking good for the 03, 04 and 05 pools. 01/02 and 06 teams are fine.

Comment

Supplemental tryouts very poorly attended last night. Not looking good for the 03, 04 and 05 pools. 01/02 and 06 teams are fine.
                        I have not heard good things.

Hopefully they figure it out.

Comment

I have not heard good things.

Hopefully they figure it out.
                          One way they are "figuring it out" is by allowing girls to play high school and return to Thorns under the guise of "supplemental tryouts." Two girls already added to 01/02 roster this way. I guess Thorns have completely given up on any kind of standards that set them apart from regular clubs, and are fully on board with using the Thorns name to create a club that is exactly the same as everyone else. Feel bad for the girls who were rule followers all these years and believed they were doing something special.

Comment

One way they are "figuring it out" is by allowing girls to play high school and return to Thorns under the guise of "supplemental tryouts." Two girls already added to 01/02 roster this way. I guess Thorns have completely given up on any kind of standards that set them apart from regular clubs, and are fully on board with using the Thorns name to create a club that is exactly the same as everyone else. Feel bad for the girls who were rule followers all these years and believed they were doing something special.
                            Are these by chance Jesuit girls?

Comment

Are these by chance Jesuit girls?
                              One Jesuit. One Lincoln.

Comment

If you really care so much, lodge a complaint with the DA. Provide the girl's name, and evidence that she played high school ball, and demand she be booted from the Thorns' roster if the Thorns cannot justify why she should get an exemption. Be a spiteful ass.

Especially if there is a Lincoln girl coming over--there's no way a student at a public school (even an upper class public school like Drinkin' Lincoln) can qualify for the DA's "private school exemption" to the no-HS rule.

Of course, if the complaint is coming from an ECNL coach, I suspect US Soccer might choose to ignore it, especially since there are no other local DA teams that the Thorns would be gaining an unfair advantage over. But don't complain that the no-HS rule is stupid, then complain that the Thorns aren't honoring it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X